Author Topic: This team will go on a run, fooling a lot of fans in the process...  (Read 1661 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I predict this Rondo thing will be very easy for this team to rally around and they will play their heart out, maybe even for the rest of the season. Maybe I'm crazy but I could see this team going as high as the 6th seed (maybe 5th)

This in turn will fool lots of fans.

"Look we're so much better without Rondo!"

"Let's sell Rondo for pennys on the dollar!"

"Screw Rondo, Im naming my dog Jason Terry!"

Fact remains we are better with Rondo, I'm just not sure who will believe it.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: This team will go on a run, fooling a lot of fans in the process...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think this will probably happen. Which is why I'm hoping we blow it up as soon as possible. Because this team will trick some fans with regular season wins.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
We'll see!

I think Rondo makes us better 8) ??? >:( ;D :D :-X :-[ :-\  :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like Houston with there 15-20 something win streak a few years back when T-mac and Yao were out. I just hope it raises the value of guys like Green, Terry and Lee who will see their minutes increase.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I predict this Rondo thing will be very easy for this team to rally around and they will play their heart out, maybe even for the rest of the season. Maybe I'm crazy but I could see this team going as high as the 6th seed (maybe 5th)

This in turn will fool lots of fans.

"Look we're so much better without Rondo!"

"Let's sell Rondo for pennys on the dollar!"

"Screw Rondo, Im naming my dog Jason Terry!"

Fact remains we are better with Rondo, I'm just not sure who will believe it.

My dad already buys into this nonsense
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »

Offline jbsprinter1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 30
Knowing how Rondo plays, this is exactly what will happen. He plays incredibly lazy regular season basketball (except when he is on national TV), which is why our regular season record has been pretty weak since he took over the reigns as the leader of the team. But in the post-season, he is arguably the second-best player in the world (only to Lebron, obviously).

This injury will likely cause hustle players, like Lee and Bradley, to play their hearts out and rack up regular season wins now that they don't have a point guard that doesn't care about the regular season. I think they could end up with the 3rd or 4th seed. But in the post-season, they don't have anyone that will step up the way Rondo does. I predict a 2nd round exit, but the rest of the regular season will probably cause some fans to feel like we're better without Rondo (which is incredibly idiotic).

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
what in the world is wrong with people? lol

What if we are BOSTON CELTICS fans and not JUST Rondo fans. It's like people who get mad because I'm not iN LOVE with Paul Pierce.

If we make it up the ladder (I don't see 5th seed, but even 6th), what is the issue in that? If we make it to the 2nd round, haven't we overachieved already???

And then if we make it to ECF, only to get swept, shouldn't we STILL find some positivity in that? I don't think we're better without Rondo, but I think we have the tools and talent necessary to make an adjustment that works. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT???

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
One side I don't think you guys even think about, maybe we are good without him but better with him. Like maybe we can get to the Finals but not enough to win it. Maybe we aren't good enough to get to the ECF with RR and aren't good enough for second round without him. What's wrong with being good but not good enough? Why do all of you assume we can get something for PP and KG worth getting instead of waiting until the season is over? All of you speculate on what we could get for them but you don't have any idea. I'd rather watch potentially exciting basketball this season and figure out where to go in the off-season... this was another 3 yr plan (KG's contract), why does this season HAVE to be the season? If Danny thought we could contend for 3 more seasons well this just means we only have 2 more, let's get through this season and see when we get RR back and go from there! We could go another decade before we even have the chance to sniff a chip when we blow it up... I'd rather have hope something shocking can happen then be crappy and lotto right now!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

What if we are BOSTON CELTICS fans and not JUST Rondo fans. It's like people who get mad because I'm not iN LOVE with Paul Pierce.

If we make it up the ladder (I don't see 5th seed, but even 6th), what is the issue in that? If we make it to the 2nd round, haven't we overachieved already???

And then if we make it to ECF, only to get swept, shouldn't we STILL find some positivity in that? I don't think we're better without Rondo, but I think we have the tools and talent necessary to make an adjustment that works. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT???

No

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You're all acting like we have a bunch of bums on our roster. We have a very talented roster, whether they play good or bad, that's a different story.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
We haven't even went on a run yet and fans are already fooled. Anybody not wearing the homer goggles and or hat knows better. We will probably make the playoffs but that's it. We need to start preparing for our future.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

No

uh, considering everyone is calling for a first round exit for us, I think that's over achieving. Just like last year...I don't care what anyone says. We overachieved -- how many of you knew of a Ryan Hollins or Greg Steimsa year before last?

I really don't understand the snarky, condescending attitude people have for those who are optimistic.

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

No

Definitely not.  Boston is a championship-or-bust town.  ECF appearances don't get put in the rafters.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

No

uh, considering everyone is calling for a first round exit for us, I think that's over achieving. Just like last year...I don't care what anyone says. We overachieved -- how many of you knew of a Ryan Hollins or Greg Steimsa year before last?

I really don't understand the snarky, condescending attitude people have for those who are optimistic.

We did exactly what we should have done last year. Losing before meeting the heat would have been underachieving. We had the eastern conference finals laid out for us on a silver plater.

We had no business losing before meeting the heat thanks to rose going down. We lost to who we were supposed to lose too, the miami heat.

The point is, we ain't winning a championship this year so it makes little sense to just keep this roster intact especially if we have the opportunity to make a move that would better our team going forward.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
You're all acting like we have a bunch of bums on our roster. We have a very talented roster, whether they play good or bad, that's a different story.

We don't have a bunch of bums on the roster, I think the more interesting issue will be whether we have players on the roster capable of taking over games, which is generally what you need for playoff success.