Author Topic: IF we keep this group intact, what BIG can we get? Dalembert!  (Read 10679 times)

IF we keep this group intact, what BIG can we get? Dalembert!
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
If we keep this group intact, and, ironically I think we should even more than before Rondo went down (I was for trading Rondo or Pierce for a high priced big), what big can we realistically get.

Without trading two pieces, we can't get Smith, Gasol,Nene, Okafor, AlJeff or Cousins. Gortat (whom I would live for this team and probably the best value-wise) is probably out too.

To me the only more than "serviceable" big man we can get is Dalembert. These two things from the player profile page on ESPN's trade machine:

"Dalembert recorded seven points (3-4 FG, 1-2 FT) and six boards in 12 minutes during Milwaukee's defeat Tuesday versus the Lakers in Los Angeles.

Spin: Dalembert earned his most significant run since Jim Boylan took over as the Bucks' head coach. However, Dalembert has played in three of five games with Boylan in control, with no rhyme or reason to his allotted playing time. Unless an injury befalls Larry Sanders or Ekpe Udoh, Dalembert's run will likely be hit or miss, which makes him difficult to consider in most fantasy formats."

and this:

"From Elias: Samuel Dalembert came off the bench and registered five blocked shots in just 14 minutes of action in the Bucks' win over the Bobcats on Friday night. There have been 207 other instances in which an individual registered at least five blocked shots in a game for Milwaukee, but Dalembert is the first to do it while playing fewer than 15 minutes."

Sounds like someone we can use without giving up any of our four guards or Green.

Bass + parts + pick? What would the parts be/ Would Bucks do it?

Re: IF we keep this group intact, what BIG can we get? Dalembert!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Milwaukee, is stacked with big men...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If it's Bass, it'll require (1) Bradley and a pick, or, (2) Sullinger and pick, or, (3) multiple picks.

Bass will be viewed as having negative trade value given his contract + the quality young big men and depth Milwaukee already have at their big man slots rendering Bass effectively useless to them. In other words, Bass is dead weight.

So to take on the next two and half years of Bass' contract, Milwaukee will need one heck of an incentive.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think Dalembert is a potential buyout candidate. Not sure if he would join the Celtics, given the Rondo injury; he may prefer to latch on with a championship contender.

I'm think Milwaukee would prefer to take back expiring money in a Dalembert trade.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If it's Bass, it'll require (1) Bradley and a pick, or, (2) Sullinger and pick, or, (3) multiple picks.

Bass will be viewed as having negative trade value given his contract + the quality young big men and depth Milwaukee already have at their big man slots rendering Bass effectively useless to them. In other words, Bass is dead weight.

So to take on the next two and half years of Bass' contract, Milwaukee will need one heck of an incentive.

Yeah, I think we'd have to send them Courtney Lee, realistically.  Bradley / Sullinger are not going out for Dalembert.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
terry for dalembert
bass can be used somewhere else, no way the bucks want him

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Milwaukee, is stacked with big men...

Agree...we should be able to pry the one who is almost never used away....Dalembert

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Huge night against the Bulls Wednesday, then Sanders comes back and he gets 12 minutes and then 6 in the next two games.

"Dalembert got the start Wednesday and posted 14 points (6-9 FG, 2-4 FT) to go with a season-high 13 rebounds and four blocks in 24 minutes against the Bulls.

Spin: With Larry Sanders under the weather, Dalembert got the start, which led to an above average performance for the veteran big man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/991/samuel-dalembert

Bucks don't seem to need him. We do.

What would they want that we have? Gotta give to get.

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I doubt we have any players we're willing to trade Milwaukee would have any interest in.  We could make a three team trade involving Memphis.

Bos: Out-Terry, Collins
     In-Dalembert

Mem: Out-Trade exception ($5m), 2nd rd pick
     In-Terry

Mil: Out-Dalembert
     In-Trade exception ($6.7m), 2nd rd pick (Mem)

Boston gets an additional front court body who could really help on defense and rebounding but doesn't really lose anything in guard production (Barbosa is playing better than Terry).

Milwaukee would do well to get a fairly decent sized trade exception, and a draft pick, for a player who is hardly playing for them and is expiring anyway.

Memphis gets a bench scorer to fill an obvious need for them.  They really don't have even one suitable back-up guard.  Giving up 2nd rd pick for Terry is a steal for them.

Edit:  Originally I had a Trade exception coming to Boston from Memphis, but apparently TE's are not transferrable in this manner.  This trade, as updated, is iffy I guess.  Dalembert for Terry is probably too little value.  Something in this vein woul probably be our best bet to trade for a big, however.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:53:34 PM by KGs Knee »

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I doubt we have any players we're willing to trade Milwaukee would have any interest in.  We could make a three team trade involving Memphis.

Bos: Out-Terry, Collins
     In-Dalembert

Mem: Out-Trade exception ($5m), 2nd rd pick
     In-Terry

Mil: Out-Dalembert
     In-Trade exception ($6.7m), 2nd rd pick (Mem)

Boston gets an additional front court body who could really help on defense and rebounding but doesn't really lose anything in guard production (Barbosa is playing better than Terry).

Milwaukee would do well to get a fairly decent sized trade exception, and a draft pick, for a player who is hardly playing for them and is expiring anyway.

Memphis gets a bench scorer to fill an obvious need for them.  They really don't have even one suitable back-up guard.  Giving up 2nd rd pick for Terry is a steal for them.

Edit:  Originally I had a Trade exception coming to Boston from Memphis, but apparently TE's are not transferrable in this manner.  This trade, as updated, is iffy I guess.  Dalembert for Terry is probably too little value.  Something in this vein woul probably be our best bet to trade for a big, however.

Maybe Terry would interest them. They could use a 2 guard.

If not, I think you're right, we need to get a third team involved.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Rondo for Dalembert plus a pick?

I'm imagining a KG/Dalembert frontcourt...

Who would the Bucks flip Rondo to, and what extra piece coudl we get in addition to Dalembert in a 3-way?  Dragic, with Gortat going to ATL for Smith?

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Who would the Bucks flip Rondo to, and what extra piece coudl we get in addition to Dalembert in a 3-way?  Dragic, with Gortat going to ATL for Smith?

+1...I do that.

Dalembert helps us win now. A KG/Dalembert frontcourt would be intimidating defensively.

Dragic becomes our PG for now and the future.

Good for this year and next and Dalembert helps extend KGs career into next year.

I like that a lot better than trading PP or KG.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You guys are vastly overrating Dalembert.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
You guys are vastly overrating Dalembert.

He gives us what we need: rebounds and blocks.

That stat line the other night against Noah in 24 minutes: 14/13/4. Hell, we could use half of that nightly.

Dalembert was in Skiles doghouse. Boylan is one of Skiles boys, so only used Dalembert because Sanders was sick. People underrate Dalembert here.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

+1...I do that.

Dalembert helps us win now. A KG/Dalembert frontcourt would be intimidating defensively.

Dragic becomes our PG for now and the future.

Good for this year and next and Dalembert helps extend KGs career into next year.

I like that a lot better than trading PP or KG.

That team won't go far. The upside isn't much higher than last year's Hawks/Pacers/Sixers. You might win some games if PP plays great but I don't know whether he can have a sustained run of good play in the postseason. It's interesting that there are simultaneous threads discussing whether we need a player significantly better than Rondo to contend and whether we can win now without Rondo *or* a player that's much better than him.