Author Topic: The season needs a new goal. Instead of a positive one we need a negative one.  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The old goal was pray we win a championship. The new goal should be to meet the Heat in the playoffs and beat the crud out of them so miserably that they win a pyrrhic victory.

Instead of trying to play smart we go out banzai style. Remember the Alamo. Dig in and go completely against logic like men possessed who don't care about dying. Just totally disrespect the Heat.  Get violent. Get nasty. KG needs bring his A+++ trashtalk game.  We need to put fear into them and have them limping into the next round. Sign Mike Tyson and interview him immediately "They said to just go out and cause total mayhem and insantity. They said not to eat before games. I've never even touched a baseketball. I'm no sure why I'm here, but I'll do my best. I mean I'm a trained fighter so here I am. I mean I see their weiners in their pants and think man I'm hungry. What's the difference? After this I'll just fade to Bolivia"

At this point the season shouldn't be about us winning. It should be about them losing.  After game 7 every member of the Celts should get fined and suspended to start next season.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I don't see this as a realistic possibility.  For one thing, Doc Rivers strikes me as an honorable kind of guy to which this sort of proposition would be unsavory to say the least.

I do think that defeating the Heat in the first round would be pretty much like winning the championship regardless of what happens after that.

But I don't think people should make so much of the game yesterday.  There's no chance at all that this team defeats the Heat in a seven game series.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
There's no chance at all that this team defeats the Heat in a seven game series.
Heat are one major injury from a first-round playoff exit. Don't forget that.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
There's no chance at all that this team defeats the Heat in a seven game series.

Well that depends on which player gets injured. If Wade goes out, Lebron and Bosh can clearly carry on without him.

After watching yesterday, I think Wade is the weak link to Miami.

If Bosh or Lebron go down, then yes Miami is in deep trouble. Remember it seemed the Celts were outplaying Miami last year in the ECF til Bosh came back in game 6.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Judging by the regular season, the only two teams I am truly afraid of in the East are Miami and Chicago.

I actually think the Celts match up better with Miami then they do with Chicago as the Bulls just create a match up problem between their size (Boozer, Noah, Gibson) and their wings who can shoot (Deng.)

Not to mention if they get Rose back soon.

Other than that, I have absolute ZERO fear of the Knicks, Nets, Pacers, Hawks, etc.

I think the Celtics can waste all those teams and I still think they can take Miami. The Bulls are actually the team I truly fear the most.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I don't agree with that.

Against the Celtics, who already are missing their top playoff performer, the Heat would have to lose Wade and Bosh in order for the Celtics to have a chance.  Even then, I think in a 7 game series LeBron could beat the Celtics by himself.  The Cs just don't have the star power at the top to compete with any team that has elite talent like that.  It was already a problem for Rondo got injured and now it's so bad as to make it a foregone conclusion.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Well that depends on which player gets injured. If Wade goes out, Lebron and Bosh can clearly carry on without him.

After watching yesterday, I think Wade is the weak link to Miami.

If Bosh or Lebron go down, then yes Miami is in deep trouble. Remember it seemed the Celts were outplaying Miami last year in the ECF til Bosh came back in game 6.
Well, LBJ is the one who assassinated us in Game 6, but this is true. My point was that Anything Can Happen. I know it seems like freak injuries only happen to us, but look what happened to the Bulls last year.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't agree with that.

Against the Celtics, who already are missing their top playoff performer, the Heat would have to lose Wade and Bosh in order for the Celtics to have a chance.  Even then, I think in a 7 game series LeBron could beat the Celtics by himself.  The Cs just don't have the star power at the top to compete with any team that has elite talent like that.  It was already a problem for Rondo got injured and now it's so bad as to make it a foregone conclusion.

If you're looking for one injured player the Heat would be in trouble without it isn't Wade or Bosh.

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I don't agree with that.

Yesterday I saw Jeff Green defending LBJ about as well as any human being can defend that guy. We didn't have him last year. I saw AB and Lee playing impressive guard defense... also didn't have that year. We've got an NBA-ready rookie who sucks rebounds out of thin air (though he didn't do that yesterday)... etc.

We've got a chance against the Heat regardless, but I'd say that we have a chance against the Heat even by your standards if they should lose one of Wade/Bosh/LBJ.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I don't agree with that.

We just beat Bosh/Wade/LeBron by just 2 points in 2OT... but if you take away Bosh and Wade, that makes it a WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY and we'd likely lose.

Bro, if they lost any one of those three, we could still win without Rondo.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Yeah, I don't see this as a realistic possibility.  For one thing, Doc Rivers strikes me as an honorable kind of guy to which this sort of proposition would be unsavory to say the least.

I do think that defeating the Heat in the first round would be pretty much like winning the championship regardless of what happens after that.

But I don't think people should make so much of the game yesterday.  There's no chance at all that this team defeats the Heat in a seven game series.
I am not suggesting cheating and definitely not injuring anyone...well...maybe Wade.  Just saying we should bang em up a bit. Kinda like the Bulls did to us a couple years ago.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The old goal was pray we win a championship. The new goal should be to meet the Heat in the playoffs and beat the crud out of them so miserably that they win a pyrrhic victory.

Instead of trying to play smart we go out banzai style. Remember the Alamo. Dig in and go completely against logic like men possessed who don't care about dying. Just totally disrespect the Heat.  Get violent. Get nasty. KG needs bring his A+++ trashtalk game.  We need to put fear into them and have them limping into the next round. Sign Mike Tyson and interview him immediately "They said to just go out and cause total mayhem and insantity. They said not to eat before games. I've never even touched a baseketball. I'm no sure why I'm here, but I'll do my best. I mean I'm a trained fighter so here I am. I mean I see their weiners in their pants and think man I'm hungry. What's the difference? After this I'll just fade to Bolivia"

At this point the season shouldn't be about us winning. It should be about them losing.  After game 7 every member of the Celts should get fined and suspended to start next season.

You mean like sully pile driving wade's head into the parquet floor? KG choke slamming LBJ into some folding chairs? Wilcox throat punching Boshtrich? One thing would be certain they would fear us every game after. Maybe doc could grow some cajones and body slam that punk named Spoelstra also.  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

You mean like sully pile driving wade's head into the parquet floor? KG choke slamming LBJ into some folding chairs? Wilcox throat punching Boshtrich? One thing would be certain they would fear us every game after. Maybe doc could grow some cajones and body slam that punk named Spoelstra also.  ;D
Well. No. But now that you put it that way....

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I don't agree with that.

If you're looking for one injured player the Heat would be in trouble without it isn't Wade or Bosh.

Right.  If they lose LeBron, then the Celtics have a pretty decent shot.

LeBron is an iron man, though.  I wouldn't pin your hopes on that.

And really, if the Heat lose one of their Big 3, isn't that basically it for them this season anyway?  We might knock them off, but they wouldn't have won a championship anyway.  It's not like we'd be stopping them from repeating in that scenario.
- Mark Twain

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
same goal really...if we beat the heat I'd think we could win the title