Author Topic: IVERSON.  (Read 12673 times)

Re: IVERSON.
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
If you guys don't like AI, you shouldn't like KG either. He's done some rough stuff too, to be honest. We're all biased.
At least KG has always played the game the right way in my opinion.  And he's always been a great teammate and a hard worker.  Iverson never played the game the right way in my opinion... unless jacking up 30 shots per game at a low percentage and playing zero defense is the right way.

And being named MVP.

And leading your terrible team to the Finals and singlehandedly beating the Lakers once and almost twice or thrice.
Leading a team out of the east wasn't so difficult back then. A team with Antoine Walker almost did it!

Because MVP is an award only given to Eastern Conference players.

The East wasn't that bad, and Iverson got his team to the Finals literally himself, no help really.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
If you guys don't like AI, you shouldn't like KG either. He's done some rough stuff too, to be honest. We're all biased.
I will be a fan of whomever I choose, CelticConcourse.  KG is a Team Player.  I choose to see the good in Rondo, (he is still improving), and eagerly await for his return.  AI, to me, is very similar to Dwight Howard...a good player who needs control but has none, and won't accept coaching leadership.  I just do not believe that he would fit in well with Doc Rivers "trust your team" mentality.  And whether of not he would give the Celtics a headache, it gives me one just considering him on the team!   :-\  I will refrain from telling you who you should like or dislike.  You're welcome.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I will be a fan of whomever I choose, CelticConcourse.  KG is a Team Player.  I choose to see the good in Rondo, (he is still improving), and eagerly await for his return.  AI, to me, is very similar to Dwight Howard...a good player who needs control but has none, and won't accept coaching leadership.  I just do not believe that he would fit in well with Doc Rivers "trust your team" mentality.  And whether of not he would give the Celtics a headache, it gives me one just considering him on the team!   :-\  I will refrain from telling you who you should like or dislike.  You're welcome.
TP

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
On CelticsBlog, Allen Iverson has, and always will be - looked at markedly different from both sides.

I have a fear that the Blog will probably ignite in a Bright Green Mushroom cloud if he came to BOS right now.

;D

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Then don't prevent us from wanting to sign AI, who is a team player as well, averaging 6.2 assists per game and never less than 4.6. He once got 7.9 apg. We thought Blatche had problems and look how good he is now for cheap. Rondo is out for the year and signing AI for opt he rest of this year impacts nothing to Rondo. He is basically a better Barbosa and he has control, as you saw she he payed in Philly in 2010. Just because he used to be crazy doesn't mean he still is and plus, KG is seen as crazy by many,

I love KG and there's no reason AI can't be the same. Give him a chance and I don't care if you tell me who to like, because I would listen, not ignore you. You can learn from demands,
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
At least KG has always played the game the right way in my opinion.  And he's always been a great teammate and a hard worker.  Iverson never played the game the right way in my opinion... unless jacking up 30 shots per game at a low percentage and playing zero defense is the right way.

And being named MVP.

And leading your terrible team to the Finals and singlehandedly beating the Lakers once and almost twice or thrice.
Singlehandedly?  Thats a joke.  The only reason that team did better than the other sixers teams is that just about every rotation player was happy playing great defense, playing their roles, and tolerating Iverson shooting a mllion times. Throughout his career, whenever Iverson had teammates that wanted to score they clashed and the teams sucked.

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

And being named MVP.

Singlehandedly?  Thats a joke.  The only reason that team did better than the other sixers teams is that just about every rotation player was happy playing great defense, playing their roles, and tolerating Iverson shooting a mllion times. Throughout his career, whenever Iverson had teammates that wanted to score they clashed and the teams sucked.

How did he get 7 assists per game if his teammates did not shoot?
Did Iverson get all 90 to 110 points in the games the 76ers played? Nope, only around 30. The rest of the points came from magic.
Coexisting with Iggy, the non-scorer, yep.

Iverson could coexist with scoring teammates.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Then don't prevent us from wanting to sign AI, who is a team player as well, averaging 6.2 assists per game and never less than 4.6. He once got 7.9 apg. We thought Blatche had problems and look how good he is now for cheap. Rondo is out for the year and signing AI for opt he rest of this year impacts nothing to Rondo. He is basically a better Barbosa and he has control, as you saw she he payed in Philly in 2010. Just because he used to be crazy doesn't mean he still is and plus, KG is seen as crazy by many,

I love KG and there's no reason AI can't be the same. Give him a chance and I don't care if you tell me who to like, because I would listen, not ignore you. You can learn from demands,
Excuse me, but how did I prevent you from wanting Iverson here?   I said that I do not.  I never said "we"...you did....but you  are acting like I am single handedly preventing the team from signing him.   Didn't realize I was so powerful, I guess.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Excuse me, but how did I prevent you from wanting Iverson here?   I said that I do not.  I never said "we"...you did....but you  are acting like I am single handedly preventing the team from signing him.   Didn't realize I was so powerful, I guess.

Then explain why you think Iverson would not be a good fit in Boston.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Iverson could have averaged 12 assist a game if he decided to only take quality shots and played a more team oriented game.

He was about as bad of a team oriented player as this league has ever seen.

An unreal talent. A warrior's heart. Tough as nails.

And maybe the biggest ball hog and complete jerk as has ever dribbled a ball on a basketball court. This last reason is why he is no longer in the league.

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

• n

And being named MVP.

How did he get 7 assists per game if his teammates did not shoot?
Did Iverson get all 90 to 110 points in the games the 76ers played? Nope, only around 30. The rest of the points came from magic.
Coexisting with Iggy, the non-scorer, yep.

Iverson could coexist with scoring teammates.
Iggy is not a player who cares about scoring.  And he didn't blossom until Iverson left, anyway.  Any player who dominates the ball as much as Iverson will get 6 assists easily.

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
A self-oriented player never results in winning games when he leads the league in minutes almost every year, unless he wants to win. His teams won, despite him playing league leading minutes EIGHT times, he was a team player for sure!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Then explain why you think Iverson would not be a good fit in Boston.
I believe  I did.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
A self-oriented player never results in winning games when he leads the league in minutes almost every year, unless he wants to win. His teams won, despite him playing league leading minutes EIGHT times, he was a team player for sure!
No he wasn't.

I have a theory on diehard Iverson fans and their view of his game. Do you mind me asking how old you are?

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 10:58:34 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I have a theory about the ages of the people for and against him myself. I think if you grew up watching games from the 80's or before you probably don't like him all that much. And if AI was the "in" thing growing up you look at him in a good way.

The older people are the correct ones.  ;D
Peace through Tyranny