Author Topic: if we have to trade PP; MEM/ATL/BOS  (Read 1094 times)

if we have to trade PP; MEM/ATL/BOS
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9llu96

Looks like Memphis got some interest in Pierce, don't really know why and it looks like they are willing to give up Gay, I don't like Gay so much so I would like to see a third team come into the deal. Gasol, No thanks. But Smith, hell yes.

We could throw a extra pick to Memphis to make it a bit better for them.

I don't like the idea off trading Pierce, but I would love to see Smith as his substitute. Could play 3/4 like Green, can play LBJ a lil bit. Good defender, can get even better in Boston. I think he will resign as he knows his friend RR is coming back the next year. Don't know if he is worth a max contract tho.

Other possibility could be to let Pierce stay with the C's, let him retire with KG and then go after Smith, although it would be harder to get him.

Re: if we have to trade PP; MEM/ATL/BOS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9llu96

Looks like Memphis got some interest in Pierce, don't really know why and it looks like they are willing to give up Gay, I don't like Gay so much so I would like to see a third team come into the deal. Gasol, No thanks. But Smith, hell yes.

We could throw a extra pick to Memphis to make it a bit better for them.

I don't like the idea off trading Pierce, but I would love to see Smith as his substitute. Could play 3/4 like Green, can play LBJ a lil bit. Good defender, can get even better in Boston. I think he will resign as he knows his friend RR is coming back the next year. Don't know if he is worth a max contract tho.

Other possibility could be to let Pierce stay with the C's, let him retire with KG and then go after Smith, although it would be harder to get him.
Why wouldn't Memphis just trade Gay for Smith?  Smith is better than Pierce and has even less long term commitment. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Yeah your right I think, just looks likes the rumours are saying they want PP, could make them a lil bit better in Q4 and offensively. I also think Smith would be a better fit for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
A trade I would rather look into than a gay for Pierce swap.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not a bad idea, but I don't think Atlanta trades Josh Smith.

I think they will hang onto him and use him as "bait" this summer to lure Howard to come to Atlanta.