Author Topic: DO NOT BLOW IT UP, I RATHER LOSE AT THIS POINT!  (Read 2270 times)

DO NOT BLOW IT UP, I RATHER LOSE AT THIS POINT!
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:47 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Yes, Rondo tore his ACL and we have lost our leader. However, I am still not panicking. I rather see this squad compete no matter the circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=isGpYWyC3qI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifLRlwGFFt0

Watching this video almost made me cry. Pierce's reaction is real. Finding out his brother just tore his ACL and looked like he was almost brought to tears. Then seeing Doc hug Rondo and Barbosa with Rondo...dude this is a brotherhood. No need to say, bet KG would give the same reaction.

Therefore, please Danny, do not blow it up. Let ubuntu live on. Let KG and Pierce retire in green.

I still believe this squad and do some damage in the playoffs.

If we were to lose, I rather us lose as a team (as CELTICS and as a Brotherhood), than to lose as a squad with no identity.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:47:55 AM by manl_lui »

Re: DO NOT BLOW IT UP, I RATHER LOSE AT THIS POINT!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:31:14 AM »

Offline schabette

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
absolutely agree!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:07:17 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2pw4ld

Sorry but toughing out yet ANOTHER season of meh due to injury just makes no sense. Unfortunately, loyalty with a single franchise just doesn't happen anymore. Ask the former Big 3, and ask Ray.

In the end, you choose to watch our team fumble into the playoffs as a 1st round exit in 7 games, and lose Pierce and KG to retirement, or use their contracts to land future players for the rebuilding/retooling process that is the NBA.

Try to facilitate a 3 team trade to land us Gay and Bledsoe. Play out the year with KG, and let him make his "Decision". Rondo comes back and either then he's expendable if Bledsoe plays well, or the latter of the 2 is.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
BLEED GREEN!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2pw4ld

Sorry but toughing out yet ANOTHER season of meh due to injury just makes no sense. Unfortunately, loyalty with a single franchise just doesn't happen anymore. Ask the former Big 3, and ask Ray.

In the end, you choose to watch our team fumble into the playoffs as a 1st round exit in 7 games, and lose Pierce and KG to retirement, or use their contracts to land future players for the rebuilding/retooling process that is the NBA.

Try to facilitate a 3 team trade to land us Gay and Bledsoe. Play out the year with KG, and let him make his "Decision". Rondo comes back and either then he's expendable if Bledsoe plays well, or the latter of the 2 is.

Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce:  Loyalty to a single franchise does still happen.  Unfortunately, I think it's the fans, in general--who so often, ironically, decry the lack of loyalty from players--who don't have any loyalty left for their franchises' legends. 

Some of us still have that loyalty.  I want to see Paul Pierce retire as a Celtic. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
True, no need to blow it up.

This trade might help.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbq4fsc

Re: DO NOT BLOW IT UP, I RATHER [b]WIN[/b] AT THIS POINT!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:56 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Mr. Ainge,

You assembled this team. i know that we as fans can sometimes be irrational because of the losses. But, please listen to us this time, don't blow it up, ride this season out. Let Pierce and Garnett retire as Celtics this year.

I know this sounds too optimistic, but just get us a serviceable big, we will really do damage come playoff time if we get there.

Next season you will have a lot of cap space when Pierce and Garnett retire. Give this team a chance.

Thank you.

MazingerZ

P.S. I will give you all my tommy points as a bargaining chip if you like. Some of my brothers here will also do the same.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Mr Ainge,

DON"T BE AFRAID TO BLOW IT UP!   Things guys are not winning a title this year and we don't want to be stuck in the gutters for years.  Please explore deals.   To panic is just as bad as not check opportunities nothing should be taken off the table.  Do not let a few emos thinking with their hearts and not their heads carry the day.

All this loyalty won't win crap two years from now when we are perenial lottery team because you didn't explore the options or pull a trigger.

Also, I would ask PP and KG what they want.   If they want one last try at a ring then they deserve it.  Remember the 90s and how bad it was before you write off blowing it up.