Author Topic: Still have plenty of guards, if a trade happens it should be for a BIG!  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Seriously.

We loose, yes our best or second best play, that happens to be a point guard, but we don't need to replace him at that position, just to trade either him or the guy we trade fro next season.

Lee,AB,Terry,Barbosa can handle the point collectively. PP and Green can help out. We just need a guy that can dribble up the court ad get the offense started. AB did it last season very well no reason he can't do it again.

If a move is going to be done, it needs to be for a big. Some one that can help KG out in the paint when he jumps out. Bass and Sully just can't defend the paint well.

So people step away from the ledge and think about it before you propose a trade for an other PG that will be pointless next season. We will be fine with the guards we have, but may not be okay with who we have for BIGS...

Re: Still have plenty of guards, if a trade happens it should be for a BIG!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Seriously.

We loose, yes our best or second best play, that happens to be a point guard, but we don't need to replace him at that position, just to trade either him or the guy we trade fro next season.

Lee,AB,Terry,Barbosa can handle the point collectively. PP and Green can help out. We just need a guy that can dribble up the court ad get the offense started. AB did it last season very well no reason he can't do it again.

If a move is going to be done, it needs to be for a big. Some one that can help KG out in the paint when he jumps out. Bass and Sully just can't defend the paint well.

So people step away from the ledge and think about it before you propose a trade for an other PG that will be pointless next season. We will be fine with the guards we have, but may not be okay with who we have for BIGS...

I agree. The possible targets are Al Jefferson and Cousins. Everyone needs bigs. Of these, Jefferson will be cheaper long term, and is easiest to acquire.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:23:12 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think they can handle the job at point, for a less than .500 team.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:32 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think they can handle the job at point, for a less than .500 team.

Isn't that who we are?