Author Topic: If we want to blow it up without sacrificing our young guns trade idea  (Read 2658 times)

Re: If we want to blow it up without sacrificing our young guns trade idea
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Let me start off by saying i don't want to see our core broken up, but the obvious flaws make it tough not to consider it as i feel we went as far as we're going with this core last year.

This trade works on espn trade machine and i believe both sides could benefit from the results, although no one can say either GM would see it from the same light as me.

Boston sends:
Pierce
Rondo
Bass
Terry

Denver sends:
Iguodala
McGee
Lawson
11 mil trade exception
(possibly a draft pick as well)

I think this shores up the backup C spot, replaces pierce with a more capable defender and more athletic slasher, and gives us a viable option at PG. We dump bad contacts in Terry and Bass and replace them with McGee (4 years) and Lawson (5 years) and Iggy is an expiring next year. At face value i know there is holes in this trade, but that 11 mil TE could bring in some great weapons at the trade deadline when teams out of the playoff picture look to dump salary to avoid the luxury tax. Possibly the lakers look for this kind of deal and we snag Steve Nash as our backup PG or the mavs may be another team (many more but you guys get the picture.)

For Denver they get the best player in Rondo, a playoff proven vet in pierce, a legitimate backup for Faried, and extra depth and possible clutch playoff performer in Terry (if he returns to form in their system). With their depth at the 2/3 spots Pierce can work in more limited min and be fresh come playoff time when they'll need him most. I think they become a much bigger threat in the west with this trade.

I know you're all probably getting tired of these trade ideas, as am I, but I'm even more tired of all the preposterous ideas that we can trade our castaways for superstars and people who think Rondo is worth Lebron James or nothing else. If Danny decides to blows it up, what do you think of this trade which is an actual possibility, although any trade idea with this many players is a long shot.

You might as well swap the whole team LOL

This.

Plus, they're a top-6 team in the league, why trade?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"