Author Topic: Lets Ride This Out  (Read 1882 times)

Lets Ride This Out
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Honestly, What would we gain by trading Pierce or KG? Every GM is going to low ball us for these guys. And quit dreaming of getting Deandre Jordan or something for Pierce. So why not try like a son of a gun and get Gortat?

If we could grab him to be able to help out down low and defend the rim that would be a huge help. I mean I am big Rondo guy and hate that this has happend. But I am also pretty smart when it comes to basketball and tend to agree with the people that notice this team seems to move the ball AS A TEAM a bit better without Rondo. I do see the offense stand around a lot when Rondo has the ball. That no longer worked for the Celtics cause Ray is missing.

So here is what i purpose. Try and see if the suns get ancy at the deadline offer Bass Melo and 2nd round pick for him and if that isn't enough take the 2nd off the table and give them a 1st rounder. That gives Celts a really strong defense, and players that could step more into the roles they are used to playing. Such as Barbosa Terry and so on. Imagine the defense of this lineup.

AB
Lee
Pierce
KG
Gortat

Then you have Terry handle the ball off the bench to run with Barbosa,Green,and Sully. I can admit that would be fun to watch these underdogs go at it!

Re: Lets Ride This Out
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Honestly, What would we gain by trading Pierce or KG? Every GM is going to low ball us for these guys. And quit dreaming of getting Deandre Jordan or something for Pierce. So why not try like a son of a gun and get Gortat?

If we could grab him to be able to help out down low and defend the rim that would be a huge help. I mean I am big Rondo guy and hate that this has happend. But I am also pretty smart when it comes to basketball and tend to agree with the people that notice this team seems to move the ball AS A TEAM a bit better without Rondo. I do see the offense stand around a lot when Rondo has the ball. That no longer worked for the Celtics cause Ray is missing.

So here is what i purpose. Try and see if the suns get ancy at the deadline offer Bass Melo and 2nd round pick for him and if that isn't enough take the 2nd off the table and give them a 1st rounder. That gives Celts a really strong defense, and players that could step more into the roles they are used to playing. Such as Barbosa Terry and so on. Imagine the defense of this lineup.

AB
Lee
Pierce
KG
Gortat

Then you have Terry handle the ball off the bench to run with Barbosa,Green,and Sully. I can admit that would be fun to watch these underdogs go at it!
Yes! Ride it out!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am scared though. I hope Danny doesn't move these guys. I would hate to watch KG and Paul on other teams.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I am scared though. I hope Danny doesn't move these guys. I would hate to watch KG and Paul on other teams.

This.  It would be heartbreaking really

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell