Author Topic: Post Rondo, Win for Now Trade (Bos/Tor)  (Read 874 times)

Post Rondo, Win for Now Trade (Bos/Tor)
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Calderon would be a very good replacement for Rondo. Also, I'd hate to lose Green but I think Kleiza would be a good replacement as he's seems like a bit of a jerk. Team needs some attitude. And to cap it off, Ed Davis gives us size. What do you think?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=asqsoz5

Re: Post Rondo, Win for Now Trade (Bos/Tor)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
You could also possibly swing this with Toronto. I know they're dying to unload Bargnani. Maybe they go for this and we just stick with our current players to round out the back court

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ad9bea8

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I would actually take Lowry. They seem to be making him avaliable and not Calderon. Lowery can shoot the 3 and pretty decent passer. If we could steal him that would be great. He is on a two year contract, So we could use him until next year when Rondo gets back and he could move into the backup role and then be a free agent after the season. Him being able to shoot well would be huge for this team.

Just don't know what we could move for him. Bass 2nd round pick and some cash? A lineup of this would be sweet though.

Lowry/Barbosa
Clee/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green
Sully/Wilcox/Green
KG/Wilcox/Sully

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Calderon is as Rondo-esque a player than you'll ever find.mhe has 15- assist games every so offend notches triple doubles.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Why would Toronto do this trade?  Davis is finally playing well.  There's no reason for them to do it...

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:46 PM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Calderon is as Rondo-esque a player than you'll ever find.mhe has 15- assist games every so offend notches triple doubles.

Pretty sure Calderon has notched two triple doubles in his career (both this yr). He is a great passer though, but Toronto is shopping Lowry, not Jose. I thought Lowry was the better player out the two, and he might be but definitely not the most coachable, since he asked out of Houston and now Toronto says they prefer to keep Calderon. I think Lowry would be a great fit in Boston, but I just don't see who Boston could move that Toronto wants.