Author Topic: Rondo love from athletes on twitter...  (Read 6223 times)

Re: Rondo love from athletes on twitter...
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
wow, gotta love the respect the other players have for RR.  Whether we realize it or not, the NBA is in a sense a larger family.  Good to know that other teams players can hate to play against RR, but also set it aside when appropriate.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
My guess is because Kobe grew up in germany lol.

It's really weird and great (at thesame time) to hear Kobe say those nice things considered I hate his guts and him and D-Wade are my least favorite players in the league.  Nice of him though.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 11:54:17 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

It's really weird and great (at thesame time) to hear Kobe say those nice things considered I hate his guts and him and D-Wade are my least favorite players in the league.  Nice of him though.

It's because Kobe had his knees repaired by a German doctor.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Anyone surprised with the well wishes and prayers for Rondo from athletes from the NBA and MLB/NFL etc?

Apparently there were lots of well wishes from Josh Hamilton, LBJ, Kobe, Kyle Irving, Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, D. McCourty from the Pats, Igoudola, RGIII, John Wall, Barbosa, Smitty, Shumpert, Aly Raisman, Brandon Jennings, Perk... just to name a few.. There are many more.

I didn't expect to see this love and support all over twitter.. Rondo was trending earlier too.

This makes me happy though. I hope RR sees it. :)

Much respect to all NBA players. They know what he's been through, he's sacrificed his life to play.

dunno bout his life, but definitely his knees

Yeah, pretty sure more teachers have died while performing their jobs in the past year than pro athletes have.  The over glamorization of pro athletes continues...

;D

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Much respect for those guys who wished Rondo a quick recovery.

I find it funny though, that his opponents love him more than some of his team's fans.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Biggest surprise was Kobe.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 12:34:19 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Happy to see the love he's getting.  I've seen quotes from guys like Durant and Mayo saying they'd love to play with Rondo, but even so I never quite realized how highly-regarded he is around the league. 

And yeah, it seems like his opponents have a higher opinion of him than many of his own fans do. 

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 01:54:30 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Lot of prayers from the nba players went out to Rondo today but my 2 favorite were these:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins

I hope my lil homie get well soon @RajonRondo. Im only a phone call away. Luv bro

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

Gotta give well wishes to Rondo. One of my fav players in the world. My prayers r with u lil bro. I'm here if u need me #respect
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Heres a link to all the tweets went out by players: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/players.html?page=2
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 02:38:30 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

It's because Kobe had his knees repaired by a German doctor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6727315

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant underwent an experimental but increasingly popular procedure last month in Germany in an attempt to help heal his oft-injured right knee, a source confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com Thursday night.

The procedure, called platelet-rich plasma therapy, consists of centrifuging the patient's blood to isolate platelets and growth factors. The mix is then injected into the injured area to accelerate healing. The concentrated growth factors have been shown to speed tissue growth and healing in surgically created lesions in lab animals.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
maybe it's just me but I thought Wade going out to our locker room and asking Jackie if Rondo busted his knee was odd, none of his business to be one of the first to find out and then he told his team. they probably are thinking deep down our road to the Finals is that much easier. ::)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:50 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
maybe it's just me but I thought Wade going out to our locker room and asking Jackie if Rondo busted his knee was odd, none of his business to be one of the first to find out and then he told his team. they probably are thinking deep down our road to the Finals is that much easier. ::)
They beat us the last two years going to the Finals. And we're fighting for the 8th spot right now. I'm sure they Respect the Celtics but I doubt they have much fear of them anymore.
Peace through Tyranny