Author Topic: Rudy Gay vs Jeff Green  (Read 1684 times)

Rudy Gay vs Jeff Green
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
With the rumor of Memphis possibly going after Paul Pier for Rudy Gay, I had to make this thread. Jeff Green is almost as good as Rudy Gay at half the price . We saw the way he played defense against Lebron today, and if given starting minutes next year would come close to putting up stats similar to Gay.

If we are trading PP to memphis Gay should be going to a third team with a big man coming back to the c's.

Maybe something like

Mem sends: Gay
Mem gets : PP

Atl sends: Smith
Atl gets : Gay

Bos sends: PP
Bos gets : Smith

Other targets could be : Big al, Millsap

Re: Rudy Gay vs Jeff Green
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:03:56 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
With the rumor of Memphis possibly going after Paul Pier for Rudy Gay, I had to make this thread. Jeff Green is almost as good as Rudy Gay at half the price . We saw the way he played defense against Lebron today, and if given starting minutes next year would come close to putting up stats similar to Gay.

If we are trading PP to memphis Gay should be going to a third team with a big man coming back to the c's.

Maybe something like

Mem sends: Gay
Mem gets : PP

Atl sends: Smith
Atl gets : Gay

Bos sends: PP
Bos gets : Smith

Other targets could be : Big al, Millsap

I like the thought of getting Smith - but I am unclear on Atlanta's motivations in trading for Gay. ...could make sense though. Not a bad idea.

I do think the Celtics should get back a draft pick, one way or another. Pierce is a hall of fame player. He's worth more than Josh Smith or Rudy Gay. ...especially to Memphis with their half court game.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:41:23 AM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
[Edited.  ALL-CAPS is not allowed. -RH]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:09:38 AM by Roy H. »
KB

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
HOW DO YOU TRADE PIERCE AND NOT GET IN RETURN A PLAYER WHO CAN CREATE THEIR OWN SHOT? OUR OFFENSE WOULD BE WORST WITH GREEN AND SMITH AS OUR STARTING FORWARDS. SMITH CAN NOT SHOOT AND GREEN IS NOT A GREAT SHOOTER AND CAN NOT CREATE HIS OWN SHOT.

GAY IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN GREEN. GAY IS A DECENT SHOOTER AND CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT. YOU CAN RUN YOUR OFFENSE THRU HIM BECAUSE OF HIS SKILL SET. GREEN IS A GOOD PLAYER BUT HIS GAME IS LIMITED. YOU CAN'T RUN YOUR OFFENSE THRU GREEN. THATS WHY DOC DOESN'T RUN SETS FOR HIM. THATS NOT HIS GAME.

STATS DON'T ALWAYS TELL THE STORY. JUST BECAUSE GAY ISN'T PUTTING UP CRAZY NUMBERS DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T A TOP LEVEL TALENT. PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE. GAY PLAYS IN A SYSTEM THAT IS CENTERED ON LOW POST OFFENSE.

I THINK GAY CAN FILL IN THE PIERCE ROLL FOR THIS OFFENSE. HIS SKILL SET IS SIMILAR TO PIERCE. I DON'T THINK SMITH FITS WITH THIS CURRENT TEAM IF WE DON'T HAVE A WING PLAYER THAT CAN CREATE.

Fix your caps lock key, please.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain