Author Topic: I still have hope for this team  (Read 538 times)

I still have hope for this team
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:50:32 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
It's true that without Rajon Rondo, this team will lose much but I know this team just as you guys. They always step up when the walls are pushed on their backs. The Miami game says it all.

Remember, this roster is deep in guard position. I think danny saw this coming. Now Barbosa might be able to crack the rotation now. The Rondo injury could be a blessing in disguise because that somehow solve our guard logjam.

Bench players also stepped up. We will now see the true gvalue of Jeff Green, Jet and Courtney Lee. Fab Melo might be called up soon and he is improving tremendously in D-league. We still don't know how much will he bring on the table.

There is something in this team that can't be trade with just talent: heart.

Who knows? The win could be a fluke but instead of blowing up, we should just enjoy the ride till the wheel falls off. And if we get eliminated and both PP and KG decides to hang it up, then the complete rebuild can take place.

Re: I still have hope for this team
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I still have hope too.  Playoff basketball slows down and games are more of a grind.  No back to backs help our old guys.  We still have KG & PP, but losing Rajon really hurts.
Guys are just going to have to step up.  It isn't like I am going to give up on the team.  Just way more of an underdog now.  Maybe that will add a bit of a chip on the shoulder to PP and KG?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's true that without Rajon Rondo, this team will lose much but I know this team just as you guys. They always step up when the walls are pushed on their backs. The Miami game says it all.

Remember, this roster is deep in guard position. I think danny saw this coming. Now Barbosa might be able to crack the rotation now. The Rondo injury could be a blessing in disguise because that somehow solve our guard logjam.

Bench players also stepped up. We will now see the true gvalue of Jeff Green, Jet and Courtney Lee. Fab Melo might be called up soon and he is improving tremendously in D-league. We still don't know how much will he bring on the table.

There is something in this team that can't be trade with just talent: heart.

Who knows? The win could be a fluke but instead of blowing up, we should just enjoy the ride till the wheel falls off. And if we get eliminated and both PP and KG decides to hang it up, then the complete rebuild can take place.

Yep. Never lose faith
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
the players didnt know rondo was out for the year in this miami game? when they learned afterwars I think they realized they cant win a championship...unless youre calling them dumb?

cute optimism, but they wont get far in the playoffs without rondo...theyll be lucky to make the second round like they did when KG went down for the year but I fully expect guys to step up and ultimately be lucky to make the playoffs and lose in the first round and for sure the 2nd

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
the players didnt know rondo was out for the year in this miami game? when they learned afterwars I think they realized they cant win a championship...unless youre calling them dumb?

cute optimism, but they wont get far in the playoffs without rondo...theyll be lucky to make the second round like they did when KG went down for the year but I fully expect guys to step up and ultimately be lucky to make the playoffs and lose in the first round and for sure the 2nd
No. Remember when Rondo got suspended in game 2 against Atlanta last year? Pierce step up. That's the point. When one player goes down, another player comes to step up. That can be said on other teams too.