Author Topic: Trade Rondo for championship  (Read 11992 times)

Re: Trade Rondo for championship
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
call me only ok impressed with bledsoe and Jordan.

Bledsoe imo is like a Rondo. At times just keeps shooting or driving. I mean he is good and a better focused defender but Rondo but again you create this "rondo" issue

Jordan while athletic, has a low bbiq. All he can do is dunk and get you some decent blocks and rebounds. But we had Bass and Collins working him yesterday and he was pretty much stablized outside of his 3 or 4 alley hoop dunks.

I much rather trade KG to SA for Splitter and
Leonard

Trade movments; The best option in to trade Rondo
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Trade movements; the best option in to trade Rondo. Why? Let see some reasons

1. This team is playing much better without him in defence and offence plays
2. He is still young and has a good market value to get other good players in exchange
3. He did not express adequate skills to be the leader in the future
4. KG and PP are the most important players still
5. Trading Rondo, will give Cs to rebuild a good team in the next seasons
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:38:48 PM by eugen »

Re: Trade movments; The best option in to trade Rondo
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

2. He is still young and has a good market value to get other good players in exchange
3. He did express adequate skills to be the leader in the future
But unless what you get back helps this year and into the future, it would be better to wait to trade Rondo until he is back and proves that he can play.

I think Danny is more likely to trade a player who is playing and playing well, than to trade a player who is either not playing or is playing badly. Buy low, sell high.

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 05:42:30 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9

But unless what you get back helps this year and into the future, it would be better to wait to trade Rondo until he is back and proves that he can play.

I think Danny is more likely to trade a player who is playing and playing well, than to trade a player who is either not playing or is playing badly. Buy low, sell high.

The best trade if he were to ever become available is Rondo for Cousins. That's a guy who helps now and the future and might be the most talented big man in the game. Can't think of a better situation for him than playing with KG.

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Again, what team is going to give value for Rondo?

Not many teams. But I'll name one: Phoenix. If they felt he'd be back before 1/1/2014, I could see them trading for him.

They need a franchise player who is a winner wicked bad.

1)  Do they really have the luxury of taking that gamble

2)  There is no one there I would want back in a trade for Rondo.

I'd be interested in an explanation of #1. They're nowhere near accomlishing anything. They have no identity. They're anxious for the Eric Gordons and Josh Smiths of the world. Hard to say how clubs like PHX can afford the luxury of not looking at trades with upside like adding Rondo.

As for #2, it's not hard to come up with a package that represents value for Rondo. If direct, Gortat, Dragic and Morris for Rondo and Bass is pretty logical, though I'm not sure Dragic is necessary. If you don't want Goran, send him to Utah for Millsap, and net Millsap, Gortat and Morris.

This is a simple discussion: if you're a club like PHX would you rather have Rondo, or Gortat, Dragic, etc? And if your Boston, would you rather have Rondo, or Gortat, Millsap, etc?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Not many teams. But I'll name one: Phoenix. If they felt he'd be back before 1/1/2014, I could see them trading for him.

I'd be interested in an explanation of #1. They're nowhere near accomlishing anything. They have no identity. They're anxious for the Eric Gordons and Josh Smiths of the world. Hard to say how clubs like PHX can afford the luxury of not looking at trades with upside like adding Rondo.

As for #2, it's not hard to come up with a package that represents value for Rondo. If direct, Gortat, Dragic and Morris for Rondo and Bass is pretty logical, though I'm not sure Dragic is necessary. If you don't want Goran, send him to Utah for Millsap, and net Millsap, Gortat and Morris.

This is a simple discussion: if you're a club like PHX would you rather have Rondo, or Gortat, Dragic, etc? And if your Boston, would you rather have Rondo, or Gortat, Millsap, etc?
I'd rather have Hayward and Millsap instead of Rondo or anyone from the Suns :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I'd rather have Hayward and Millsap instead of Rondo or anyone from the Suns :)

Good point. It would also not be all that odd to see Utah trade for Rondo.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

DA has to trade players who did not have a positive contribute for the team. Rondo is the example.

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes.

Utah needs a PG, and wants to get rid of one big man. I'm sure they'd like to keep Hayward, but maybe they'll be tempted.

I wouldn't do this if I were Utah, though I'm quite curious what Utah fans will think :)

edit: Actually someone seems to have floated this on the Jazz RealGM forums over the summer. Mixed reaction.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1186411&sid=f096586c72596f602069b58201acdb49
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Yes.

Utah needs a PG, and wants to get rid of one big man. I'm sure they'd like to keep Hayward, but maybe they'll be tempted.

I wouldn't do this if I were Utah, though I'm quite curious what Utah fans will think :)

edit: Actually someone seems to have floated this on the Jazz RealGM forums over the summer. Mixed reaction.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1186411&sid=f096586c72596f602069b58201acdb49

If it was a mixed reaction for a healthy Rondo, don't think the Jazz boards will like this a whole lot.

Good thing fan boards don't make roster decisions though, huh?  ;) (I was thinking of all of us here, too in that regard). Some of mine haven't turned out to be the best, I know that.

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

DA has to trade players who did not have a positive contribute for the team. Rondo is the example.

Wow, the previous playoffs are not year old and people tend to forget Rondo's meaning to this team.

The problem IMHO with this team is that they have trouble adapting to Doc's system. Previous incarnations of the Cs have performed admirably from 2008-2012. Its just now that they have difficulty grasping the concepts set.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Let them play already!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"