Author Topic: Kings (17-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30  (Read 9841 times)

Kings (17-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
  at 
Sacramento Kings (16-29) at Boston Celtics (21-23)
Wednesday, January 30, 2012
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #45, Home Game #24
TV:  CSNNE, NBA-LP
Radio:  WEEI
TD Garden

Probable Starters
PGSGSFPFC
Avery Bradley.... Courtney Lee.... Paul Pierce.....Jared Sullinger.... Kevin Garnett

Celtics Reserves
Jared Sullinger
Chris Wilcox
Brandon Bass
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Jason Terry
Jason Collins

Injured
Rajon Rondo (torn ACL) indefinite

Red Claws

Fab Melo

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Isaiah Thomas. Marcus Thornton ..John Salmons ..Jason Thompson. DeMarcus Cousins

Reserves
Aaron Brooks
Jimmer Fredette
Francisco Garcia
Chuck Hayes
Tyler Honeycutt
James Johnson
Travis Outlaw
Tyreke Evans
Thomas Robinson

Injuries

Team Connections
DeMarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes and Rajon Rondo all attended the University of Kentucky
Marcus Thornton and Brandon Bass attended Louisiana State University
Kings Assistant Coach Bobby Jackson and Brandon Bass were teammates in New Orleans during the 2006-07 season…
Jimmer Fredette and Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge both attended Brigham Young University.

Game Notes
The Celtics are going to try to follow up a very big 2OT win last Sunday with a win against Sacramento. They will be getting over with the fact that Rondo is out for the season with a torn ACL. Sacramento has been losing a ton because of the fact that their franchise is getting relocated soon. With three days of rest, the Celtics should come out strong and win.

The Celtics are playing with three days of rest at home, which will make this game easy to win.  But unlike their 6-game losing streak, they will have to not underestimate a weak opponent in the Kings.  The Celtics are 14-9 at home  while the Kings are playing terribly on the road with a horrendous 4-17 record on the road. The Kings are coming off a game with the 76ers.

The Celtics faced the Kings earlier this season and lost 118-96 at Power Balance Arena.  The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 games while the Kings are a slightly worse 3-7 in their last 10. 

Key Matchups
vs 
Leandro Barbosa vs Isaiah Thomas 
With Rondo out for the season, Barbosa will need to step up big time. After sitting on the bench for an extended period and playing bigger minutes with Rondo out, he will need to play well to keep his spot in the starting lineup. He will have to run, run, and run, and take advantage of his height advantage over Isaiah Thomas who has been slumping.

vs 
Kevin Garnett vs DeMarcus Cousins. 
Cousins is a tough and physical player but he's also a young player and a volatile player.  Kevin Garnett is also a tough and physical player, and this will be a very important matchup. Kevin will have to find a way to keep Cousins off the boards and provide defensive intensity. Cousins has already served three suspensions this season.

Keys to the Game
Defense -  Defense is a key to every game and it will be the key to winning the championship.  After playing tough defense against the Heat and keeping their offense to under 100 points despite 2 overtimes, their defense is back. However, last game they let the Kings bomb away from three point land, resulting in the lopsided score They also must defend the paint to keep them away from the basket.

Crash the boards - The Celtics need to rebound the basketball. They let Miami, the worst rebounding team in the league, get 9 offensive boards in the first quarter, and cannot let that happen again. It takes effort and desire to out rebound the opposing team and when they show the effort and desire on the boards, it usually transfers to the rest of their game as well.  The Celtics must rebound to prevent easy fast break points and tip ins.

Do not play down to the opponent
- The Celtics have consistently followed up big wins with disastrous losses against teams in the lower echelon of the NBA. They will need to come out strong and play hard despite the Kings' record, or they will lose again. The players will also all have to play hard, or it's very possible they will get traded. Doc has already threatened 1-way tickets out of town and with Rondo out, unless there is a win streak, a trade will happen.

X-Factors - Playing down to the opponent
With the effort the Celtics displayed against Miami, this game should be a very easy blowout. However, if they continue to play down to the opponent, they could get blown out themselves. With Rondo out for the season and two games under .500, they need to string together more wins. This should be an easy game, as long as they play with half the intensity they had against Miami.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:16:49 AM by CelticConcourse »
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Kings (16-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
If we go on a win streak, I can picture Danny not making trades. I really hope this group can stay together.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I highly doubt Bass is starting.  I sure hope not.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Probably not
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

He's been starting all these past few games though.

Except today.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Except today.

I suppose. We're 1-0 with Sully starting!!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Anyone else think Cousins' picture is funny? :D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Except today.

Except he was our starter to start the season and we were losing.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Except today.

Except he was our starter to start the season and we were losing.

Well, it worked against in Miami and I don't think Doc likes to change what's workin'.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 09:33:23 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
IF we could win this game, I'd be quite impressed.  Probably gonna get killed on the boards though.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
IF we could win this game, I'd be quite impressed.  Probably gonna get killed on the boards though.

Three days rest, a reeling Kings team, they're ones of the worst teams in the league, we're at home, and have momentum and you'd be IMPRESSED at a win over the Kings after we just beat the Heat without Rondo. What?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
How can the Kings be so freaking bad? I mean they have future HOFer DMC on their team!!

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I liked today's starting lineup. I hope that's what we stick with for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Bradley and Lee are both skilled enough to handle the ball, but we have to make sure not  to have Sully pass inbounds to Lee because that's just asking to be pressed. Humph.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Three days rest, a reeling Kings team, they're ones of the worst teams in the league, we're at home, and have momentum and you'd be IMPRESSED at a win over the Kings after we just beat the Heat without Rondo. What?
have you not followed this team for the past 3 years?  this is a textbook example of the type of game the C's don't bother to show up for.  There's no excuse for them to lose to the Kings but no doubt it'll be far closer than it should be.