Author Topic: I cannot take it anymore  (Read 3585 times)

Re: I cannot take it anymore
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Depends on what that player actually brings to the team, and who his replacements are.

For example, when Denver traded Carmelo (and Billups) for marginal players the team improved.

And where did that get Denver? -- Nowhere.

Bottom line is they may go on a brief winning streak because they will be driven to show they can win without him. However, water always seeks its own level and the same will happen with this team. Talk about them being better without Rajon Rondo is beyond ludicrous.

Nuggs are a top-6 team in the NBA. Just saying.

How have they done in the playoffs the past two years? And, how many other guys do they have now who had nothing to do with the Melo trade? Just saying.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
The nonsense is driving me nuts. Just one question: If you take the best or second best player off every other team in the NBA, will that make each of those teams better? I am shaking my head and almost ashamed to be a Celtics fan at this point.

so in summation:

"NO YOU CANNOT BE OPTIMISTIC BECAUSE OF REASONS! WE WERE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO WIN IT ALL BEFORE BEING 20-23, BUT NOW WE CANNOT! NO HAPPY THOUGHTS FOR YOU!"

clearly. point taken.

What are you talking about? Take a reading comprehension course. I am saying I think it is moronic that people think this team or any team is going to be better without one of its two best players. Who said anything about optimism? Oh, and thanks for the uppercase post.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 07:52:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Depends on what that player actually brings to the team, and who his replacements are.

For example, when Denver traded Carmelo (and Billups) for marginal players the team improved.

And where did that get Denver? -- Nowhere.

Bottom line is they may go on a brief winning streak because they will be driven to show they can win without him. However, water always seeks its own level and the same will happen with this team. Talk about them being better without Rajon Rondo is beyond ludicrous.

Nuggs are a top-6 team in the NBA. Just saying.

How have they done in the playoffs the past two years? And, how many other guys do they have now who had nothing to do with the Melo trade? Just saying.

If Melo was still there, they'd still be hopelessly building around a player who never would have made them work; similar to the Josh Smith scenario currently in Atlanta.

The Nuggets are working their way up, and showed they were great last year, pushing the Lakers to a game 7. I thought it was very impressive.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
The nonsense is driving me nuts. Just one question: If you take the best or second best player off every other team in the NBA, will that make each of those teams better? I am shaking my head and almost ashamed to be a Celtics fan at this point.

so in summation:

"NO YOU CANNOT BE OPTIMISTIC BECAUSE OF REASONS! WE WERE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO WIN IT ALL BEFORE BEING 20-23, BUT NOW WE CANNOT! NO HAPPY THOUGHTS FOR YOU!"

clearly. point taken.

What are you talking about? Take a reading comprehension course. I am saying I think it is moronic that people think this team or any team is going to be better without one of its two best players. Who said anything about optimism? Oh, and thanks for the uppercase post.

you're overwhelmingly negative today. in addition, you're attacking other posters and calling them out for being such (which I totally thought was against the rules here).

we have a big 3, bro. so we have 2 'best' players. we need the rest of the players to step up.

no prob with the uppercase. any time you need me.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

so in summation:

clearly. point taken.

you're overwhelmingly negative today. in addition, you're attacking other posters and calling them out for being such (which I totally thought was against the rules here).

we have a big 3, bro. so we have 2 'best' players. we need the rest of the players to step up.

They lost their best or second best player. They right now are the big 1 1/2. They have no dominating superstars. Tell me the last team that won the championship without at least one guy who could dominate for an entire game almost every game? The Celtics no longer have that

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

so in summation:

clearly. point taken.

They lost their best or second best player. They right now are the big 1 1/2. They have no dominating superstars. Tell me the last team that won the championship without at least one guy who could dominate for an entire game almost every game? The Celtics no longer have that

(see Pierce, Paul)
(see Garnett, Kevin)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I agree with the original post.  Even though some of our role players (Lee, Barbosa, Green) may get a bump from some more freedom with the ball, none of those guys are in Rondo's league as far as talent and ability to impact a game, especially in the playoffs.  None of them are going to go off for 44 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds.  None of them are going to dislocate their elbow and come back to lead us to a win.

So yeah a few guys may loosen up a bit and play their games better, we still lose one of the top 2-3 point guards in the league to injury.  I mean we still have to play the 2nd half of the season and anything can happen (see last year).  I still think our team can do damage believe it or not.  But having rondo is better than not having rondo.

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

so in summation:

clearly. point taken.

lol...how do you say 'Tell me the last team that won the championship without at least one guy...' but already said we have 1 1/2. Right.

You're assuming PP and KG are absolutely done. We will have to wait and see there.

You're also forgetting that basketball is a team sport. If everyone continues to underperform sure. I totally get your point. But I think this changes roles, changes utilization, and gives them a REASON to have some heart now.

But I'm a woman. And I tend to use my heart and gut. I don't think we're done. I don't see the problem with letting someone having that.

You've gone to almost every thread and post today trying to make points, that are barely based on stats, imposing your point of view. I'm somewhat doing the same. So, now what?

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
But having rondo is better than not having rondo.

That much is obvious, especially in the playoffs.

But even without Rondo, we have one of the best lineups in the East.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
People keep talking about best player this and best player that, when the crucial aspect is who's more valuable to our team, and as far as I'm concerned, Rondo is 3rd in that list and careful that I don't push him to 4th behind Bradley as I think his defense might be more crucial for us. But that may be pushing it a bit.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hey guys, stop being optimistic about an entertainment product you have no control over.  If you don't, then...something...will happen.  Maybe I will call you laughable or a joke.  And that's gonna sting like hell.

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 12:55:30 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I am beyond bummed out that Rondo is done for this season and a chunk of next season. This team will fight and find a way to make it to the playoffs.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

so in summation:

clearly. point taken.

lol...how do you say 'Tell me the last team that won the championship without at least one guy...' but already said we have 1 1/2. Right.

You're assuming PP and KG are absolutely done. We will have to wait and see there.

You're also forgetting that basketball is a team sport. If everyone continues to underperform sure. I totally get your point. But I think this changes roles, changes utilization, and gives them a REASON to have some heart now.

But I'm a woman. And I tend to use my heart and gut. I don't think we're done. I don't see the problem with letting someone having that.

You've gone to almost every thread and post today trying to make points, that are barely based on stats, imposing your point of view. I'm somewhat doing the same. So, now what?
TP I'll never count these guys out
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
our defense will probably improve a bit, and maybe our shooting a little...also, this might force some of our role players into more appropriate roles (especially jet). however, i will say this: playoff rondo is a monster. he's a bit unfocused during the regular season (and, honestly, i'm pretty sure he is usually playing with serious injuries, as KG alluded to in his interview today), but come playoff time, rondo is a beast. losing him is going to hurt, big-time if we make the playoffs. not to say that these guys can't do some damage (they can, if they get their game going), but come april/may/june, there are only a few players i'd want more than rondo on my team.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
our defense will probably improve a bit, and maybe our shooting a little...also, this might force some of our role players into more appropriate roles (especially jet). however, i will say this: playoff rondo is a monster. he's a bit unfocused during the regular season (and, honestly, i'm pretty sure he is usually playing with serious injuries, as KG alluded to in his interview today), but come playoff time, rondo is a beast. losing him is going to hurt, big-time if we make the playoffs. not to say that these guys can't do some damage (they can, if they get their game going), but come april/may/june, there are only a few players i'd want more than rondo on my team.

Yeah this team is good enough to make the playoffs without rondo but without him there's no way we beat the heat 4 times. Even with him we most likely wouldn't. This season is over unless danny does some unbelievable trade to give us a real shot.