Author Topic: I cannot take it anymore  (Read 3592 times)

I cannot take it anymore
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The nonsense is driving me nuts. Just one question: If you take the best or second best player off every other team in the NBA, will that make each of those teams better? I am shaking my head and almost ashamed to be a Celtics fan at this point.

Re: I cannot take it anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
It's definitely mind-boggling.

There were two reasons we nearly beat Miami last year: KG and Rondo.  One is a year older and the other is out for the rest of the year.

It's a tough reality, but this team is not winning a championship, let alone make the ECF.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Depends on what that player actually brings to the team, and who his replacements are.

For example, when Denver traded Carmelo (and Billups) for marginal players the team improved.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The nonsense is driving me nuts. Just one question: If you take the best or second best player off every other team in the NBA, will that make each of those teams better? I am shaking my head and almost ashamed to be a Celtics fan at this point.

I agree Vinnie

Lots of nonsense going on right now.  I'm just gonna be nice though, and chalk it up to some sort of PTSD.

As good as the Bulls have been without Rose over the last year or so, look what happened to them.  1st round exit at the hands of the 8th seed.

We will not win a championship without Rondo.  I dare any of you to bet (real money, not bs) otherwise.  Go right ahead, place a wager in Vegas if you are so confident.

I'll be content to just see KG and Paul go out with the team they deserve to reitre with.  Remember, we're watching legends here.  Even "olds dogs" can occasionally give us moments to cherish.  Take today for example.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's a tough reality, but this team is not winning a championship, let alone make the ECF.

I agree.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Depends on what that player actually brings to the team, and who his replacements are.

For example, when Denver traded Carmelo (and Billups) for marginal players the team improved.

And where did that get Denver? -- Nowhere.

Bottom line is they may go on a brief winning streak because they will be driven to show they can win without him. However, water always seeks its own level and the same will happen with this team. Talk about them being better without Rajon Rondo is beyond ludicrous.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Bottom line is they may go on a brief winning streak because they will be driven to show they can win without him. However, water always seeks its own level and the same will happen with this team. Talk about them being better without Rajon Rondo is beyond ludicrous.

Sorry, but that wasn't your question. Your question was in the context of being better. That they didn't go anywhere has nothing to do with it. They weren't going anywhere with Carmelo either, but they were better. They still performed well against the Lakers, went to 7 games.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Maybe LA (one of Pau, Kobe or Dwight) or Utah (Big Al)

Outside of those two teams, I don't think so.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Sorry, but that wasn't your question. Your question was in the context of being better. That they didn't go anywhere has nothing to do with it. They weren't going anywhere with Carmelo either, but they were better. They still performed well against the Lakers, went to 7 games.

They were better enough to lose in the playoffs. That's what I figured. They also "traded" carmelo and got a bunch of players back. What are the Celtics getting in return for Rondo being out the rest of the season?

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

They were better enough to lose in the playoffs. That's what I figured. They also "traded" carmelo and got a bunch of players back. What are the Celtics getting in return for Rondo being out the rest of the season?

Better defense? Better cohesiveness between our other roster players in our guard rotation?

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I don't think Denver got any better by trading Melo and Chauncey.

They haven't had any playoff success since those two guys left. When they were there, Denver made the Western Conference Finals and were a threat to advance in the playoffs each year.

They haven't managed to be that since Melo and Chauncey left.

The new Denver Nuggets can have all their regular season wins and efficiency stats but they aren't getting it done in the playoffs. They don't have the horses. 

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
how bout we all just keep our mouthes closed until moves are or are not made?
and thennnn...let's go from there

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Nuggs are a top-6 team in the NBA. Just saying.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

so in summation:

"NO YOU CANNOT BE OPTIMISTIC BECAUSE OF REASONS! WE WERE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO WIN IT ALL BEFORE BEING 20-23, BUT NOW WE CANNOT! NO HAPPY THOUGHTS FOR YOU!"

clearly. point taken.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
how bout we all just keep our mouthes closed until moves are or are not made?
and thennnn...let's go from there

Oh, okay. They should just shut down the blog until Danny and the team decide what to do.  ::)