Author Topic: Blessing in disguise?  (Read 955 times)

Blessing in disguise?
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
let me say I'm beyond hurt that Rondo is gone...so i don't want anyone to think otherwise
Now, let's assume they don't blow it up:

1. We will have to utilize our multi-talented players who have been underutilized.

2. Doc HAS to re-work the system now. Has to get everyone involved. Ball movement and running?

3. Get a REAL back up PG and get it poppington.

To at least be COMPETITIVE, rather than tanking.

Or am I just being too optimistic?

Re: Blessing in disguise?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Our best player is out for the season... How that is a blessing in disguise is beyond me

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I for one think we'll be more than fine without Rondo, but I'm not interacting with anyone on this board that thinks Rondo getting a torn ACL is a blessing in disguise. It's pure idiocy to think it, and I'm not wasting more time with it.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Please. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Obviously offensively things will be harder but we certainly have some guys who have the potential to step up.  Defensively I think we will be better.  I hate to say it but Rondo has been hideous on defense, which hurt because we wanted to be a team that hung their hats on defense.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Obviously offensively things will be harder but we certainly have some guys who have the potential to step up.  Defensively I think we will be better.  I hate to say it but Rondo has been hideous on defense, which hurt because we wanted to be a team that hung their hats on defense.

Just as Bradley had a better than expected impact on games because of his defense, I'm curious to see what a Lee/Bradley back court can deliver in overall results before they bring in a regular PG.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I figured you all wouldn't like the title.

The team has issues, esp in the personnel. That's not something you can hide from.

Please tell me if the Bulls have a winning record with or without their star player...alright...

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

The team has issues, esp in the personnel. That's not something you can hide from.

Please tell me if the Bulls have a winning record with or without their star player...alright...

What on earth does the bulls having a winning record with/without their star player have anything to do with anything?  Are you saying the Rose injury was a blessing in disguise for them?  Are you saying the Bulls have even a 1/100 chance of winning a title without Rose?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

What on earth does the bulls having a winning record with/without their star player have anything to do with anything?  Are you saying the Rose injury was a blessing in disguise for them?  Are you saying the Bulls have even a 1/100 chance of winning a title without Rose?

I thought the parallel was pretty obvious.

I definitely think they have a chance at being competitive. They are defensive minded and we all know defense wins games AND championships.