Author Topic: Danny Ainge on the Direction the C's will go  (Read 18641 times)

Danny Ainge on the Direction the C's will go
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
GM Ainge on Celts direction: "You can't just philosophically say, 'We're going to do 'this.' You have to tell me what opportunities we have"

Doesn't say much, but sound like he is open to trading PP and KG if the right package comes along , which I assume is Expiring contracts and players on rookie deal or draft picks

Clippers and Spurs make some since if you can get back Jordan and/or Bledsoe from the clips ,or Splitter from the spurs.

Re: Danny Ainge on the Direction the C's will go
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It's time.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
If Ainge blows it up, it'll be the most idiotic move of his career as a GM.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
In other words, "I'm not going to be the guy who trades KG and Pierce for pennies on the dollar just because Rondo is out for the year."
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
GM Ainge on Celts direction: "You can't just philosophically say, 'We're going to do 'this.' You have to tell me what opportunities we have"

Doesn't say much, but sound like he is open to trading PP and KG if the right package comes along , which I assume is Expiring contracts and players on rookie deal or draft picks

Clippers and Spurs make some since if you can get back Jordan and/or Bledsoe from the clips ,or Splitter from the spurs.

Though Danny lost his biggest chip, Pierce's triple-dub, however inefficient, on national TV may have helped the cause in another way.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

But is there anything there to actually blow up? We are fighting for the 8th seed and just lost our best player. Our 2nd and 3rd best players are a year or two away from retirement.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

and why's that? the chance at a title is clearly over, what's the point of keeping them together ?

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

But is there anything there to actually blow up? We are fighting for the 8th seed and just lost our best player. Our 2nd and 3rd best players are a year or two away from retirement.

pretty much my thoughts as well.
what is there to blow up?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Though Danny lost his biggest chip, Pierce's triple-dub, however inefficient, on national TV may have helped the cause in another way.

KG also had 24 and 11 today. I have to believe there will be a lot of contenders calling about KG and PP

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

and why's that? the chance at a title is clearly over, what's the point of keeping them together ?

trading Sullinger or Bradley would be dumb. Trading Pierce or KG is normal at this point if he can get decent value.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Makes sense. As far as blowing things up, there is nothing to blow up. 8th seed with Rondo and maybe they can hold on to the 8th seed without him. The rebuilding starts now or in the offseason, but there is nothing left to blow up.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

trading Sullinger or Bradley would be dumb. Trading Pierce or KG is normal at this point if he can get decent value.

Well yea, I never said anything about Sully and Bradley. KG,PP,Terry and Bass should all be options to be traded. Keep Lee, Green, Sully, Bradley and Melo

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Well yea, I never said anything about Sully and Bradley. KG,PP,Terry and Bass should all be options to be traded. Keep Lee, Green, Sully, Bradley and Melo

yes, sorry, I was responding to Budweiser's comment. Of course we keep the young guys, trade KG, Pierce, and Terry if we get decent value. Bass just flat out sucks, don't know if we can do anything with him

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Gives KG and Paul a chance to retire with the team they deserve to.  Sure, our championship hopes are done, but, if they could at least make the playoffs and go out giving a valiant effort, it'd be something the fans could remember.

Let KG and Paul retire at the end of this season if they want to, tank next year, then use the cap space we could have to rebuild.

Trading them now will likely result in bad contracts coming back our way.  No thanks.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

It's clearly not over. We have a pretty hard window until 3 years from now to end this, and from there we're primed with cap space, young assets, and very tradeable pieces (who'll have their highest trade value then).

Blowing it up before then would be a big mistake. You won't actually gain much by doing "blowing up" moves now. All you'll do is give us an extension of our years of mediocrity before we're actually good again.

As bad as this team looks, they will still be a dangerous team in the playoffs, and I'm comfortable with that with the outside shot at the championship.

Also, with our current roster, we're just a few tweak away from really getting were we need to be, with or without Rondo, and we still have room to make those sorts of additions within this year, and within the frame of the current window.

So yes, blowing it up would be a mistake and a reactionary move which serves little purpose in my opinion.

The only thing that has changed for this team for my consideration, is the trade value Rondo has and the concern on how effective he'd be in his return if we end up keeping him.