Author Topic: Season is not done, we are still in it  (Read 569 times)

Season is not done, we are still in it
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
I know C's fans are devastated by loss of Rondo to an ACL injury, but our season ain't over yet. We are still a playoff team in the East, and I think we will be landing at that 6th or 7th spot at the end edging Bucks(irrationally good so far) or Hawks(Smith problem&losing Williams) or both.

Let's be clear. We are not winning titles without Rondo cuz he steps up big time in the playoff for us and is the lone spark when things are in dead water with the Heat last yr.He needs to be the MVP for us to win the championship, but it does not mean we cannot go deep in the playoff w/o him. If a deep playoff run does not satisfy you as a fan, you better not claim yourself a fan anywhere. 

There is a silver lining to Rondo's injury,especially when we talking about regular season. Remember the criticism all over Rondo before he went down? It does not come out from nowhere. Yes he stepped up and got triple doubles before he went down in those losing efforts, but remember he has been laboring himself, not pushing the tempo, and gamble almost too often leaving holes in D?

Today we start Lee/Bradley backcourt. Their defense was real solid. They push the ball after the rebounder makes the first pass(usually u see KG lookin around for Rondo). Jet is making the penetrations finally.

I have to say today's game was the best game this season with or without Rondo for the C's. The effort on the defensive end was tremendous, ball moves around more(still needs work), and their spirit make me a believer.If we keep it up, we are making the playoff for sure. It is not up to presence of Rondo whether we make the playoff; it is up to the rest of the group and their effort level.