Author Topic: ESPN studio crew agrees with me  (Read 4522 times)

Re: ESPN studio crew agrees with me
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
ESPN studio guys have always been idiots, why give them any notice now?

This was my 1st reaction.  I don't really have a lot of respect for those commentators.  I highly doubt KG / PP want to get traded at this point.  I mean if you know those guys, they don't want to bale out on the team.  I don't think they get traded, even though DA might want to.

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
lol...Look, I LOVE Magic Johnson...even though he's a Laker, he's been one of my favorite players of all-time.

But even NOW I wouldn't count out our C's.

We were perhaps a healthy Leon Powe away from the NBA Finals in 08-09, much less a healthy KG.

Pierce and KG had BETTER stay, and I hope Danny or Doc is not foolish enough to approach them like that.
How many people from 08-09 are still with the team? I think the "we" you are talking about doesn't include the actual players.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 06:48:28 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'd expect us to see a lot of press now

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If you approach them and they say they want to retire as Celtics with Doc coaching, then you better comply with their wishes unless another GM decides to be an idiot and offer ridiculous value.  If you are not willing to reciprocate that level of loyalty then you are better off not talking to them about it.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's definitely still a playoff quality team without Rondo.

The Celtics have been under-performing all year long. There is a lot more quality on this roster than their current record shows. They are a good solid playoff team without Rondo. Just not a title contender.

Nothing has changed regarding the title. Weren't likely to win it with Rondo; aren't likely to win it without. People seem to be forgetting the first 43 games of the season. Rondo wasn't going to put this group over the top.

Lots of good trends in the game today. Ride it out, see who steps up, see how the backcourt defense improves and add a piece inside if you need to from the bargain bin.

Blowing it up only serves to validate the hopelessness of people who love Rondo more than the Celtics. Ainge isn't paid to think that way, and he won't.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Unless they're blown away by a deal no way, especially on KG.  As for PP unless you get a high quality big (Pau), no way.  I think that KG would have to approach the C's not visa versa...

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
It's definitely still a playoff quality team without Rondo.

The Celtics have been under-performing all year long. There is a lot more quality on this roster than their current record shows. They are a good solid playoff team without Rondo. Just not a title contender.

Nothing has changed regarding the title. Weren't likely to win it with Rondo; aren't likely to win it without. People seem to be forgetting the first 43 games of the season. Rondo wasn't going to put this group over the top.

Lots of good trends in the game today. Ride it out, see who steps up, see how the backcourt defense improves and add a piece inside if you need to from the bargain bin.

Blowing it up only serves to validate the hopelessness of people who love Rondo more than the Celtics. Ainge isn't paid to think that way, and he won't.

I completely agree
we were 20-23 people!! if we WERE with Rondo, we'd have a first round exit lol
so why blow it up now and not do it when we were 14-16?