Author Topic: ESPN studio crew agrees with me  (Read 4516 times)

Re: ESPN studio crew agrees with me
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It's definitely still a playoff quality team without Rondo.

The Celtics have been under-performing all year long. There is a lot more quality on this roster than their current record shows. They are a good solid playoff team without Rondo. Just not a title contender.
What do people mean by aren't a "contender" can't come out the east? Can't take it all and beat whoevers out west? Nobody knows this and I think we got a shot at coming out the east why not...we've shown we can match up with NY and Miami without Rondo no less. It will be tougher but nobody said anything was going to be easy.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It would be a waste of time to approach them. Their too competitive and will want to play the season out.

Magic thinks the C's miss the playoffs? Has obviously has not watched much of the eastern conference then.

Bynum coming back... Philly on our tails. It's likely.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think this team would be much better without Rondo, KG and Pierce. Get rid of them all and the trophy is ours. The blog is now run amok with DELUSION.

Pretty much

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
It's definitely still a playoff quality team without Rondo.

The Celtics have been under-performing all year long. There is a lot more quality on this roster than their current record shows. They are a good solid playoff team without Rondo. Just not a title contender.
What do people mean by aren't a "contender" can't come out the east? Can't take it all and beat whoevers out west? Nobody knows this and I think we got a shot at coming out the east why not...we've shown we can match up with NY and Miami without Rondo no less. It will be tougher but nobody said anything was going to be easy.

Remember when a large majority of Celtics blog posters said that the regular season doesn't matter -- especially when the Celtics looked like crap in most games?   ;D

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:42 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I would trade KG and let PP retire a Celtic.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I just want too see PP and KG win another title. They're two of the best, hardest working players of the past era as well as two of the most genuine human beings in the NBA. They would have 2 or 3, maybe even 4 right now had it not been for **** injuries. Obviously i'd love for them to do that in a Celtic uniform but with the way this team has been under performing this season plus add in Rondo's ACL that seems unlikely now. I'm not saying that it's impossible but they're going to have to play AMAZING basketball in the post season for this team to have a shot. 3 or 4 years ago i'd feel confident that they could do that but i'm just not sure that they can carry the team with so much mileage on their legs. It might just be better for everyone to trade them for young players and picks to a good team where they can be the 3rd or 4th option because they can still be pretty great in that role.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
This team is better off without Rondo. Everyone says I hate Rondo, & I say i'm only stating facts. This team without Rondo is a much better team. We run better, we push better, we look more liver, we share better, score better, defend better & have even less turnovers... oh yeah Even Doc Rivers looks like a better coach.

TP! TP! TP!

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
It would be a waste of time to approach them. Their too competitive and will want to play the season out.

Magic thinks the C's miss the playoffs? Has obviously has not watched much of the eastern conference then.

Bynum coming back... Philly on our tails. It's likely.

Until he gets hurt again. C's have a better chance of finishing 7th or better than missing the playoffs IMO. As long as the effort is there.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 05:48:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
ESPN studio guys have always been idiots, why give them any notice now?

Haha. I'd be fairly embarrassed to claim they agreed with me.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:57 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Celts will make the playoffs.

Barbosa is an excellent player.. .. way better scorer than Rondo. He gets more time and is a good fill in. Based on scoring ability and ball handling, I think he ought to start with Bradley.

We're still a nasty team defensively. I think we'll be alright.

I disagree with the ESPN dudes who assume Danny blows it up. Big time.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 06:16:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would not be bragging about ESPN agreeing with me.  Those guys are idiots!

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 06:20:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Barbosa is an excellent player.. .. way better scorer than Rondo. He gets more time and is a good fill in. Based on scoring ability and ball handling, I think he ought to start with Bradley.

Barbosa is "excellent?"  Celtics blog today = the Seinfeld Bizarro World episode.

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Barbosa is "excellent?"  Celtics blog today = the Seinfeld Bizarro World episode.

Barbosa is one of the better backup combo guards in the league.

It's a shame (for him) that Barbosa has been stuck behind Jason Terry (one of the best backup combo guards in the league) here in Boston. Barbosa deserves to be a key bench guy on a playoff caliber team.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

It's a shame (for him) that Barbosa has been stuck behind Jason Terry (one of the best backup combo guards in the league) here in Boston. Barbosa deserves to be a key bench guy on a playoff caliber team.

He is a solid backup. He is not an "excellent" player.

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 06:40:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

He is a solid backup. He is not an "excellent" player.

Excellent backup? I think that would be fair description.

Personally, I'd describe Barbosa more as a very good backup combo guard. I think he is outside my top five at both PG and SG positions (which I'd describe as excellent). He is in my top ten though (which I'd describe as very good).