Author Topic: I am so happy for Green  (Read 1277 times)

I am so happy for Green
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
He finally gets his ovations in the crowd. He showed great hustle and effort (shout out to Barbosa), the crowd loved him and Ray-Haters can give him TP for blocking Allen's late game J. I've been a long time fan of him since his teen days and I salute him for finally becoming loved in the Garden.

Yes I know he is inconsistent but maybe he'll attract more minutes and get his composure together. I strongly think he could be like a crowd player like Nick Coli in OKC or what Nate did in NY.

Believe #CelticNation
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: I am so happy for Green
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »

Offline Eigild

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Never have I seen such an incredible one-on-one defense on Lebron! Why can't we play the Heat every game in the season?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
That's why he's making $9 million a year.  Money well spent. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Jeff played terrific defense. The best I've ever seen him play. I think he deserved to touch the ball more in OT, though.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Jeff played terrific defense. The best I've ever seen him play. I think he deserved to touch the ball more in OT, though.

We don't win w/o the D Green, AB, and Lee played tonight (JET too)! Wade had averaged 30pts the last 3 games, tonight 17pts on 6-20!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Green was brilliant.

He needs to be at this level or close every night. Give him some more minutes, Doc.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Really just want him to take it to the rim more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEmB_QggU8

Kinda like that!

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
green has always had great physical abilities and i believe could be an all star in the nba. the problem, as i see it, is more in his head. he just doesnt bring the killer instinct with him each and every night.

even from quarter to quarter he seems to shift from dominate and aggressive to passive and invisible. if he really attacked the basket and played to his full ability he would be a great celtic.

if he had kg's or pierce's attitude the celtics would be on their way to the nba finals. i believe that.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
With Green on LeBron and Bradley on Wade, I like our chances every time.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
He played really well today, but he's been playing pretty well for a while.

People expected him to come in and be Paul Pierce once he signed the big contract.  His game isn't anything like Pierces, first of all.  Second he's barely ONE YEAR off from major heart surgery.

Green isn't going to turn into Jerry West, but people are really underestimating how much potential this kid has.  Instead of trahsing him and bringing him down, why not try supporting your players and helping him getting on track with some confidence and support?

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 04:41:48 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Hope he can finally show some comfort playing here. I think he is under a lot of pressure after his year off to make good on his contract. If he can just play he will be a lot better. If you look at film of him from Georgetown he played loose and really looked like he was having fun. Have not seen that from him since he has been here.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Hope he can finally show some comfort playing here. I think he is under a lot of pressure after his year off to make good on his contract. If he can just play he will be a lot better. If you look at film of him from Georgetown he played loose and really looked like he was having fun. Have not seen that from him since he has been here.

true
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!