Author Topic: How will the injury affect Rondo moving forward?  (Read 2082 times)

Re: How will the injury affect Rondo moving forward?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
lol

Lol, indeed.

This thread is really pathetic.

I don't understand the humor.  Torn ACLs are serious business.  How Rondo's game will be affected by the injury in the future will have an enormous affect on the team.

I'm not laughing at the injury. I'm laughing at the patheticness of this thread. The kid's season is over, can we take a moment to feel bad for him as opposed to automatically thinking "we should've traded him".

If only I could give you 1000 TPs...one will have to do.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
lol

Lol, indeed.

This thread is really pathetic.

I don't understand the humor.  Torn ACLs are serious business.  How Rondo's game will be affected by the injury in the future will have an enormous affect on the team.

I'm not laughing at the injury. I'm laughing at the patheticness of this thread. The kid's season is over, can we take a moment to feel bad for him as opposed to automatically thinking "we should've traded him".

Yes, let's throw a pity party.

Or, we could talk about things that matter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I think Derrick rose's return will be a fairly good indicator of how rondo will look.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo's trade value was never that high to begin with.   We've been trying to trade him for years and supposedly we have been turned down several times (Pau Gasol, Steph Curry, Chris Paul)...

He's a great point guard, but I imagine most teams are looking for an impact scorer or a dominant big man.  Guys who can pass great, but can't score don't tend to fetch as much... probably why Jason Kidd was traded multiple times despite being a rich man's Rondo in his prime.

I can't imagine him having much trade value at all now... the possibility of him never returning to 100%.  Nobody would take that risk.

Too bad... I wonder if the Seattle group were to take over the Kings before the deadline if they'd consider moving Cousins and their bad contracts for Rondo.  If they were confident in Rondo getting healthy, they could trade for him and tank while he heals.