Author Topic: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year  (Read 19316 times)

Re: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Also did anyone watch Rondo's face after we won the game?? I mean what is that expression exactly.

Didn't look very happy to me.

I question rondo if its 100 percent about the team sometimes.

I saw that and thought the same exact thing initially.  Then I realized how emotionally devastating this injury must be for him so I'm going to chalk it up to that.

Man the guy is going to start in his first all-star game this year, and blows out his knee and then you question his facial expression thinking he isn't about the team???  C'mon.  The guy just got the news he is out for the year, is about to embark on 9-12 months of tough rehab.  Glad you can discern he isn't all about team from his disappointment.  what a joke. 

RR is the best player on our team.  Seems like everyone forgets the heart and courage that he plays with.  People here have such a short memory.  Cut the guy some slack.  If he wasn't about 'team' he wouldn't have shown up to be with his team mates and coach.

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also did anyone watch Rondo's face after we won the game?? I mean what is that expression exactly.

I saw that and thought the same exact thing initially.  Then I realized how emotionally devastating this injury must be for him so I'm going to chalk it up to that.

Man the guy is going to start in his first all-star game this year, and blows out his knee and then you question his facial expression thinking he isn't about the team???  C'mon.  The guy just got the news he is out for the year, is about to embark on 9-12 months of tough rehab.  Glad you can discern he isn't all about team from his disappointment.  what a joke. 

RR is the best player on our team.  Seems like everyone forgets the heart and courage that he plays with.  People here have such a short memory.  Cut the guy some slack.  If he wasn't about 'team' he wouldn't have shown up to be with his team mates and coach.

Rondo is not the best player on our team. KG who is like 15 years older, is our best player. Without rondo we still beat the heat, without kg, might as well pack our bags.

I been a big fan of Rondo ever since he got drafted. But ever since the tail end of last year i been disappointed with his play and attitude. Having a fallout with your own teammate is also immature and selfish.

The worse thing for me has been, watching him on defense and letting the team down. Instead of focusing on staying in front of his man, he constantly tries to cheat to steal or try to grab rebounds to pad his stats. Then his man beats him for a easy layup or a pass to a wide open man for a three point shot. I've seen it too many plays, that i started to become mad. I could prob blame doc for not fixing this, but i don't think he wants to deal with Rondo anymore either.

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Not sure if this has been addressed on the thread, but does anyone know when the injury actually happened?

I was at the game and at the very end Rondo drilled a 3 and then walked off the court fine.

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
see what the Raptors will take for Lowry. Build up his trade value and move him or Rondo when Rondo's ready.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Not sure if this has been addressed on the thread, but does anyone know when the injury actually happened?

I was at the game and at the very end Rondo drilled a 3 and then walked off the court fine.

via Celticshub, two possible plays where the injury happened:

http://celticshub.com/2013/01/27/video-the-play-rajon-rondo-may-have-torn-his-acl-on/

2:33 in 2OT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRu5Dx-7cCI&feature=player_embedded

or

2:12 in the 4th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FfWEI4yVFmY

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

Rondo is not the best player on our team. KG who is like 15 years older, is our best player. Without rondo we still beat the heat, without kg, might as well pack our bags.

I been a big fan of Rondo ever since he got drafted. But ever since the tail end of last year i been disappointed with his play and attitude. Having a fallout with your own teammate is also immature and selfish.

The worse thing for me has been, watching him on defense and letting the team down. Instead of focusing on staying in front of his man, he constantly tries to cheat to steal or try to grab rebounds to pad his stats. Then his man beats him for a easy layup or a pass to a wide open man for a three point shot. I've seen it too many plays, that i started to become mad. I could prob blame doc for not fixing this, but i don't think he wants to deal with Rondo anymore either.

You may not like Rondo, but I completely disagree with you that he isn't the best player on the team.  KG in his prime, yes better than Rondo.  37 year old KG playing 20-25 min a game not better than Rondo.  KG's heart/guts/passion probably better bigger than Rondo's but not much.

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2013, 07:44:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

You may not like Rondo, but I completely disagree with you that he isn't the best player on the team.  KG in his prime, yes better than Rondo.  37 year old KG playing 20-25 min a game not better than Rondo.  KG's heart/guts/passion probably better bigger than Rondo's but not much.

I'm not going to get into who's better or not, but I'll say that as our roster is constructed, KG is vastly more important than Rondo, and it really isn't even close.

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:07 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

I'm not going to get into who's better or not, but I'll say that as our roster is constructed, KG is vastly more important than Rondo, and it really isn't even close.

Well the question wasn't who was more important, the question was who was the best player.  Of course KG is more important because we have NO other 1/2 way decent defensive big.  That gaping hole in our roster doesn't make our 26 year old superstar point guard a worse player than KG.  It just means our D falls apart when KG is out because of our lack of another decent big.

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
At least Rondo has Perk to turn to now. He should follow Perk's attitude towards rehab and work his butt off, and hope that he doesnt lose so much from this injury. Hopefully, this turns him to a better player.

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
I hope he dives all in for his rehab and comes back with a big chip on his shoulder.  I think getting info on other people's journey through rehab will help.  I want to know more info on how bad the tear was, and we probably won't hear that until after he competes the surgery I guess.  I really feel bad for the guy.  Having his best year as a pro, and starting in the all-star game and then the blown out knee.
just sucks.

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Just saw this picture...[dang]. This guy has so much passion even if he doesn't show it all the time. Can only pray that he comes back as good as before (or better)

Ugh.

At the very least, we know hes gonna attack his rehab full force.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I hope he dives all in for his rehab and comes back with a big chip on his shoulder.  I think getting info on other people's journey through rehab will help.  I want to know more info on how bad the tear was, and we probably won't hear that until after he competes the surgery I guess.  I really feel bad for the guy. Having his best year as a pro, and starting in the all-star game and then the blown out knee.
just sucks.

Can i ask you something. Is this what you care about the most? I really hope Rondo doesn't care about these things  first.

Statistically might be his best year and he gets his first all star game starting nod, but the team is playing 500 basketball and barely hanging on for a playoffs spot.   

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I hope he dives all in for his rehab and comes back with a big chip on his shoulder.  I think getting info on other people's journey through rehab will help.  I want to know more info on how bad the tear was, and we probably won't hear that until after he competes the surgery I guess.  I really feel bad for the guy. Having his best year as a pro, and starting in the all-star game and then the blown out knee.
just sucks.

Can i ask you something. Is this what you care about the most? I really hope Rondo doesn't care about these things  first.

Statistically might be his best year and he gets his first all star game starting nod, but the team is playing 500 basketball and barely hanging on for a playoffs spot.   

Can't you take all that negativity to another thread?  I'm pretty sure there's a "bash Rondo" thread around here somewhere that probably more suited for you... it's like you're trying to get arguments started.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Michael Dyer ‏@Mike_Dyer13
Rondo played about 12:30 of basketball on a torn ACL, and put up 2 points, 3 boards and 2 assists. Kind've absurd.

Rondo, you never cease to amaze me.

« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
just sucks.

or course that is not all I care about.  I was only making a point that Rajon had improved and was being acknowledged by the fans as being a great player.  how is that a bad thing?  Yeah are team has been really up and down this year.  but Rondo's play has been pretty great most of the season. 

So can I ask YOU something, why is it a bad thing to have two celtics starting in the all star game?  one word, relax.