Author Topic: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year  (Read 19306 times)

Re: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Beyond hysterical. The Celtics are a better team without a point guard who supposedly was in the top 20 for league MVP. Add to that that they do not even have another point guard on the roster and I would say start putting their name on the championship trophy now.   ::)

How about becoming hysterical bc with a top considered pg, we go on embarrassing losing streaks??

How about without him, we play better defense, share the ball more on offense and are 2-0 now against two of best teams in the league?

Funny how you're neglecting losses to Golden State and Milwaukee this season without Rondo.

We didn't even have Bradley and Lee was still trying to get comfortable in the lineup.

Listen we beat probably the best team in the league tonight. We also beat a really tough new york knicks team, who got their revenge on us a few games ago. We will be very hard to beat , i don't against who it is.

I'm gonna take a cue from GrandTheftRondo and not resort to back and forth with you. You're clearly delusional and will twist anything to support said delusion.

Arguing with irrational people is a fruitless effort.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Beyond hysterical. The Celtics are a better team without a point guard who supposedly was in the top 20 for league MVP. Add to that that they do not even have another point guard on the roster and I would say start putting their name on the championship trophy now.   ::)

How about becoming hysterical bc with a top considered pg, we go on embarrassing losing streaks??

How about without him, we play better defense, share the ball more on offense and are 2-0 now against two of best teams in the league?

Funny how you're neglecting losses to Golden State and Milwaukee this season without Rondo.

We didn't even have Bradley and Lee was still trying to get comfortable in the lineup.

Listen we beat probably the best team in the league tonight. We also beat a really tough new york knicks team, who got their revenge on us a few games ago. We will be very hard to beat , i don't against who it is.

I'm gonna take a cue from GrandTheftRondo and not resort to back and forth with you. You're clearly delusional and will twist anything to support said delusion.

Right now, Delusional is the word of the day here. I am with you

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

Listen we beat probably the best team in the league tonight. We also beat a really tough new york knicks team, who got their revenge on us a few games ago. We will be very hard to beat , i don't care against who it is.

You're strongly mistaken if you think we're going to be a better team without Rondo, especially come playoff time (assuming we make the playoffs).  Regular season games, even against playoff bound teams, don't mean jack. 

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Also did anyone watch Rondo's face after we won the game?? I mean what is that expression exactly.

Didn't look very happy to me.

I question rondo if its 100 percent about the team sometimes.

I saw that and thought the same exact thing initially.  Then I realized how emotionally devastating this injury must be for him so I'm going to chalk it up to that.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

i'll take your advice and not argue with you. I've made rebuttals to all that you have said, especially the silly statement that we lost to GS and bucks without Rondo when lee clearly was not comfortable and we didn't have Bradley.

Rondo supporters say we will be ruined now without him. When with him we been playing ruined basketball. I have proof also on this. Rewatch the knicks game without rondo and with rondo and see which version of the team is better

I don't live from the past glory. You have to execute in the present

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Also did anyone watch Rondo's face after we won the game?? I mean what is that expression exactly.

Honestly not sure if you're being serious right now.

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
I think it was Paul who said it last year: Without Rondo we're a playoff team but with Rondo we're contenders. In the playoffs we'll need Rondo, you can count on that.

Wow. Really? No words.

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
God bless Rondo,  wish hIm the best.
The C,s have sucked it up before and played proud
Maybe the team will have a wake up call by the shock effect of this news

I don,t think a banner is likely but I,d be content with winning some games and seeing KG and Pierce play out the season

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I saw that and thought the same exact thing initially.  Then I realized how emotionally devastating this injury must be for him so I'm going to chalk it up to that.

Also, he's not the most jubilant of people under the best circumstances.

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Just saw this picture...[dang]. This guy has so much passion even if he doesn't show it all the time. Can only pray that he comes back as good as before (or better)

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rondo just suffered a bad injury and had to tell the tea,. I wouldn't expect him to be pumped, this isn't a playoff game.

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
And I'm really bummed out now.

Both for Rondo and possibly moving KG/Paul.

« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I don't think Ainge trades Paul until he gets consent from KG for a trade for himself, and I don't think KG will allow himself to be traded... he has a no-trade clause right?

So, I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment.

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I don't think Ainge trades Paul until he gets consent from KG for a trade for himself, and I don't think KG will allow himself to be traded... he has a no-trade clause right?

So, I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment.
he has to ask them.

He has to make calls and see what. Is offered.

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I don't think Danny Ainge is going to be cut-throat enough to dump KG and Pierce so quickly after Rondo's injury (only three weeks to trade deadline) ... and Danny is one of the most cut-throat GMs in the league.

I think the chances of Pierce and KG being moved are miniscule.