Author Topic: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year  (Read 19310 times)

Re: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I say we move Bass and something and get a true center.. I would hate this to be the end of KG and Paul as Celtics. I think in the end its up to them. I feel as if Danny would ask them if they would rather ride it out in Boston or go to contenders. Knowing the pride those two have they would rather stick it out here. I mean we did just beat the heat.. But if they want to ride it out they need someone to help out. BIG TIME

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Am I the only one who sees Pierce as good as gone after Rondo's injury?
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jeff Green's defense on lebron the entire night has won us this game.  His defense on lebron all night was as good as I have ever seen.

Bradley/Lee combined defense on Wade was no small feat either.
Yeah, Jeff Green's length really bothered LeBron at times. Especially on those mid-to-high post isolations and back to basket plays.

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
This better without Rondo stuff is mind boggling. The Clippers were able to keep winning without Chris Paul. Does that mean they are better without him? The Bulls. No Rose. Still a solid ball club. Does that mean they're better without him? No.

When a big part of your team goes out the rest of the team steps up and plays harder to make up for it. I think we'll be okay and I do not think the season's over but better? IMO, no. Different? Yes. We will surprise a lot of people.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:24:39 PM by GrandTheftRondo »

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
All the guys ripping Rondo's  D owe him an apology.

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This better without Rondo stuff is mind boggling. The Clippers were able to keep winning without Chris Paul. Does that mean they are better without him? The Bulls. No Rose. Still a solid, ball club. Does that mean they're better without him? No.

When a big part of your team goes out the rest of the team steps up and plays harder to make up for it. I think we'll be okay and I do not think the season's over but better? IMO, no. Different? Yes. We will surprise a lot of people.

This.

TP.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This we will be better stuff is mind boggling. The Clippers were able to keep winning without Chris Paul. Does that mean they are better without him? The Bulls. No Rose. Still a solid, ball club. Does that mean they're better without him? No.

When a big part of your team goes out the rest of the team steps up and plays harder to make up for it. I think we'll be okay and I do not think the season's over but better? IMO, no. Different? Yes.

We are 2-0 against two top teams without Rondo for a reason. Don't let Rondo's triple doubles fool you. His defense especially is really hard to watch. He has the speed to be as good as Bradley, but no discipline to focus on them from the beginning to the end of a possession. It has seriously hurt us enough times, especially late in the games.

Also on the offensive end, its not so much his lack of consistent shooting, but also endless dribbling in one spot, walking the ball up lazily to the offensive end, and only passing it to kg/pp when the game is on the line. Its not even good passes, just silly telegraphed lobs.

Rondo is a good pg, no doubt. But not for our team. Not anymore. He might fit better for a team like Denver or Knicks , who love to play high octane offense. Would be perfect for the fakers.

Without rondo, you get a suffocating defensive tandem in Lee and Bradley. Watch what happened to wade tonight. Defense is almost as good as scoring. And the ball was passed around more , giving better opportunity for everyone on the court to score or contribute somehow.

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
That's a tough blow.  What's the fastest one can recover from ACL surgery?  Could he come back for the playoffs?   

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
That's a tough blow.  What's the fastest one can recover from ACL surgery?  Could he come back for the playoffs?

I think Wes Welker was one of the fastest recoveries. Along with Adrian Peterson. But in an easy way no. He will not be back for the playoffs. Better that he doesn't rush anything and has a strong recovery.

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
As I said earlier, I think the Celtics play better without Rondo. I know it's just one game, but notice you didn't see as many turnovers today?

Anyway, hope Rondo recovers soon. I hope the Celtics carry on without him just as much

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
This we will be better stuff is mind boggling. The Clippers were able to keep winning without Chris Paul. Does that mean they are better without him? The Bulls. No Rose. Still a solid, ball club. Does that mean they're better without him? No.

When a big part of your team goes out the rest of the team steps up and plays harder to make up for it. I think we'll be okay and I do not think the season's over but better? IMO, no. Different? Yes.

We are 2-0 against two top teams without Rondo for a reason. Don't let Rondo's triple doubles fool you. His defense especially is really hard to watch. He has the speed to be as good as Bradley, but no discipline to focus on them from the beginning to the end of a possession. It has seriously hurt us enough times, especially late in the games.

Also on the offensive end, its not so much his lack of consistent shooting, but also endless dribbling in one spot, walking the ball up lazily to the offensive end, and only passing it to kg/pp when the game is on the line. Its not even good passes, just silly telegraphed lobs.

Rondo is a good pg, no doubt. But not for our team. Not anymore. He might fit better for a team like Denver or Knicks , who love to play high octane offense. Would be perfect for the fakers.

Without rondo, you get a suffocating defensive tandem in Lee and Bradley. Watch what happened to wade tonight. Defense is almost as good as scoring. And the ball was passed around more , giving better opportunity for everyone on the court to score or contribute somehow.

Unfortunately I'm not willing to go back and forth with you on this. We'll have to agree to  disagree.

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A million dollar question.

IF we win the championship without Rondo, do we trade him?

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
I agree at times the Celtics look good without Rondo. But the way he has been playing in the playoffs since 09' is the reason we have been as good as we have. I really hate that this happened to Rondo. So now i think we try all out for a true center and go with a lineup of.

AB/Barbosa/JET
Clee/JET/Barbosa
Paul/Green
KG/Sully/FA pickup
Gortat??/Melo/Collins

Try and use bass with picks to grab someone. That team could make noise but not enough. But hey I'd rather see Paul and KG in Green in the playoffs rather than on other teams!

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:09 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
This better without Rondo stuff is mind boggling. The Clippers were able to keep winning without Chris Paul. Does that mean they are better without him? The Bulls. No Rose. Still a solid ball club. Does that mean they're better without him? No.

I think the main difference for us without Rondo is that guys like Lee get to showcase their talents a bit more. Rondo is a great passer, but the team, on the whole, becomes more complacent waiting for him to make a dazzling pass.

I'm disappointed Rondo is out for the year, and hate to see anyone from our team go down. But this will be interesting to see what they choose to do down the stretch, especially after pulling out a win against the defending champs. I personally think we need to get a center, or maximize our assets from a win like this and get some available younger talent.

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Next year's playoffs sure. Depending on a few things, it will probably be nine months to year, and he probably won't feel 100% until year two.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010