Author Topic: Sully Starting Today!  (Read 2917 times)

Sully Starting Today!
« on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop

Sullinger starting vs Miami today.

A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN

#Celtics Jared sullinger will start vs #heat
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: Sully Starting Today!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Finally, I've been waiting for this for a while. Hopefully this will light a fire under Bass too (not that he can get much worse)

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Good move by doc. And once again, doc shows that he will give minutes to rookies who can play.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Awesome!!!! Let's just hope he doesn't spend most of the game on the bench in foul trouble. We are playing the heat afterall. I predict Sullinger and Bradley will both foul out.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Good move by doc. And once again, doc shows that he will give minutes to rookies who can play.

#Celticstalk: #Celtics Doc Rivers is concerned with Sully as a starter, because of its impact on the bench

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg

Despite being somewhat conflicted about the move, Doc Rivers will insert Jared Sullinger into the starting lineup for C’s.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bass deserved to lose his starting spot. Bass has been bad since being put back into the starting lineup. It's disappointing. I thought getting back in the lineup that was so successful last year would've helped Bass find his comfort zone. Clearly hasn't happened though.

Time to move on.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Wait, I haven't been following the Heat lately but does this mean that he'll be playing LeBron at the 4?

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Wait, I haven't been following the Heat lately but does this mean that he'll be playing LeBron at the 4?
Udonis Haslem

Haslem has been starting at PF for Miami for awhile now (about 20 games). LeBron back to SF.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Udonis Haslem

Haslem has been starting at PF for Miami for awhile now (about 20 games). LeBron back to SF.

Yep. And I believe sully will outplay and out rebound udonis in this game... Assuming sully doesnt pick up quick fouls.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Udonis Haslem

Yep. And I believe sully will outplay and out rebound udonis in this game... Assuming sully doesnt pick up quick fouls.

that's a huge assumption

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Udonis Haslem

that's a huge assumption

That is like assuming Lebon James picks up a ticky tack foul or gets called for a charge.  Sure it is possible, but if the past predicts the future it is highly unlikely.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Udonis Haslem

Haslem has been playing very badly this season. A shadow of the player he once was.

I don't understand why Spoelstra is keeping him in the starting lineup.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simple formula really.

Starter not playing well. Back up is playing well. Starter starts complaining about his use and minutes played. Back up takes over starter's position.

Pretty much coaching 101.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Simple formula really.

Starter not playing well. Back up is playing well. Starter starts complaining about his use and minutes played. Back up takes over starter's position.

Pretty much coaching 101.

Thing about Bass' "complaints", he doesn't realize that Doc will give you minutes even if you don't score... he just doesn't do the little things to get the minutes! If Bass would get 7rbs a game and play solid D he'd still be the starter. Bass hasn't played with the same effort as last season! I guarantee his minutes played would be same as last season.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

#Celticstalk: #Celtics Doc Rivers is concerned with Sully as a starter, because of its impact on the bench

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg

Despite being somewhat conflicted about the move, Doc Rivers will insert Jared Sullinger into the starting lineup for C’s.

In other words, "I'm keeping my options open."

Classic Doc.