Author Topic: Blame players, blame Doc but how about DA?!  (Read 5790 times)

Re: Blame players, blame Doc but how about DA?!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Just curious, were you on record saying we weren't going to compete anymore before or after we made it to the ECF? Because people have been on going on record saying we weren't competing anymore since 2009, and there was quite a batch of such proclamations when the team was struggling earlier in the season.

Did you still think we were competing when we were 15-17 but decide we weren't after game 7 of the ECF?

Before, and I was right, or could you point me to the Youtube video of us winning #18, because I mustīve missed that?

My mistake, most people don't assume that the team that wins the title is the only team that was competing for the title.

Me neither, but we werenīt even in the ballpark. Itīs a simple matter of probability.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Just curious, were you on record saying we weren't going to compete anymore before or after we made it to the ECF? Because people have been on going on record saying we weren't competing anymore since 2009, and there was quite a batch of such proclamations when the team was struggling earlier in the season.

Did you still think we were competing when we were 15-17 but decide we weren't after game 7 of the ECF?

Before, and I was right, or could you point me to the Youtube video of us winning #18, because I mustīve missed that?

My mistake, most people don't assume that the team that wins the title is the only team that was competing for the title.

Me neither, but we werenīt even in the ballpark. Itīs a simple matter of probability.

Like it or not getting to game 7 of the conference finals against the team that won the title is competing. But if we're going to call that not competing, I'll take "not competing" over rebuilding any day.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  Like it or not getting to game 7 of the conference finals against the team that won the title is competing. But if we're going to call that not competing, I'll take "not competing" over rebuilding any day.

Itīs not, and I donīt. Youīre lost in semantics.

Were the Hawks competing because they lost to the team which lost to the team which won the title?

People have this strange idea that somehow we get to choose when to rebuild, when at best we can choose the terms on which we rebuild.

If weīre not contending anymore, weīre rebuilding. If you disagree, then maybe this whole professional sports thingy isnīt for you.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:59:51 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Itīs not, and I donīt. Youīre lost in semantics.

Were the Hawks competing because they lost to the team which lost to the team which won the title?

People have this strange idea that somehow we get to choose when to rebuild, when at best we can choose the terms on which we rebuild.

If weīre not contending anymore, weīre rebuilding. If you disagree, then maybe this whole professional sports thingy isnīt for you.

Were the Hawks in the ECF? Oh okay...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
In this critical situation, we see everyday people talking about Doc and players, blaming them for the critical situation. But how about work done by DA??? As a matter of fact:

1- he did not find replace for Perk and Ray
2- from 2008 this team did not get any big player on order to hope for the future of the team(see LAL, Miami,OKC,Dallas)
3- he did not have clear ideas about how he will construct the future, when KG and PP will retire
4- at some point, he did mistakes after mistakes on treating players, for example Ray. Remember that Doc did not like to send out Ray (maybe and Perk)
5- most critical issue: he did not show till now, how will resolve the problems

In my opinion DA have to go...Incompetent!

Sure... Let's get rid of the guy that completely turned the franchise around for the better and got us our first title in 20+ years.

Awesome idea.

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
Were the Hawks in the ECF? Oh okay...

No need to be insecure, youīre only proving my point.

(Un)fortunately, you canīt change the definition of "championship team" as easily as you can change the definition of "contender".

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 05:09:39 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I let Doc have it as I saw it. But you are right Danny needs his share as he is the one which assembled these players and we dont have the pieces to competet for a ring as of right now or before Rondo got hurt.

This in no way excuses Doc for his faults.

I would still way rather Danny coached this team!
blind optimist or GENIUS