Author Topic: Blame players, blame Doc but how about DA?!  (Read 5786 times)

Re: Blame players, blame Doc but how about DA?!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

2. The team didn't get anyone after 2008 because they never had cap space.

He can not offer to PP 35 years old contract of 15 mill/year :o :o :o

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 11:43:23 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
DA did a great job. Doc and the players definitely rank higher on my blame list. Doc has the players to at the very least make it through the regular season with a decent record. His team is underachieving and he deserves alot of the blame.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ainge is not perfect, but he's done a great job with this team, particularly this off-season. No reason to put any blame on him. Even with some of his acquisitions not living up to what we hoped, there's ZERO reason for this team to be struggling as it is.

Sorry but this first and foremost a coaching problem this year, and secondly our starting unit not performing, which comes back to the coaching problems since he's not balancing our players who are actually playing well with more opportunities.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
less his fault then doc and the players sorry

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Ainge is not perfect, but he's done a great job with this team, particularly this off-season. No reason to put any blame on him. Even with some of his acquisitions not living up to what we hoped, there's ZERO reason for this team to be struggling as it is.

I disagree strongly.

While I´m happy overall with Ainge as our GM, this off-season in particular was probably the worst he´s ever had.

There´s not a single signing that made sense, and $9 million for Jeff Green is just the icing on the cake.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Ummm.. We were never going to get LeBron, so I don't know why you're comparing him to the Heat.

I am not asking to sign Lebron or Bosh. But, see the players that DA offered to the team in last 3 years. Too old and almost broken players(Rasheed, JoNeal, Shaq, Terry, Collins&co)Seems to have no strategies to move on for the future,considering that big 3 is very close to the retirment.

I don't think that there's a lot of logic to grabbing players that aren't necessarily going to help you now but will in the future when you are competing for a title and need players to play right now.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

2. The team didn't get anyone after 2008 because they never had cap space.

He can not offer to PP 35 years old contract of 15 mill/year :o :o :o

Aside from the fact that PP wasn't 35 when Danny offered him the contract, you have to look at it like a 1 year extension, not a 3 year deal. Paul opted out of a 2 year deal to sign that 3 year deal.

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I disagree strongly.

While I´m happy overall with Ainge as our GM, this off-season in particular was probably the worst he´s ever had.

There´s not a single signing that made sense, and $9 million for Jeff Green is just the icing on the cake.

Really? Are you really gonna sit there and say that?

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

I disagree strongly.

Yes, I am convinced. I am on record saying that we´re not competing anymore last year.

He evaluated the capabilities of this team wrongly, and consquently his moves set this franchise back in their rebuilding process. There´s a lot of unnecessary dead weight on this roster.

People who say we should wait until the off-season to blow it up only have a point because Danny didn´t blow it up last off-season. It´s his job to make the hard decisions and he utterly failed.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I disagree strongly.

Yes, I am convinced. I am on record saying that we´re not competing anymore last year.

He evaluated the capabilities of this team wrongly, and consquently his moves set this franchise back in their rebuilding process. There´s a lot of unnecessary dead weight on this roster.

People who say we should wait until the off-season to blow it up only have a point because Danny didn´t blow it up last off-season. It´s his job to make the hard decisions and he utterly failed.

So, resigning KG made no sense? Getting jason terry and lee after allen left made no sense? Resigning bass after he has a great year for us last year made no sense?

Seriously, your comment makes no sense. Now if you want to say these guys are under preforming ok fine that's fair, but don't tell me none of these signings made any sense because that's nonsense.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
In this critical situation, we see everyday people talking about Doc and players, blaming them for the critical situation. But how about work done by DA??? As a matter of fact:

1- he did not find replace for Perk and Ray
2- from 2008 this team did not get any big player on order to hope for the future of the team(see LAL, Miami,OKC,Dallas)
3- he did not have clear ideas about how he will construct the future, when KG and PP will retire
4- at some point, he did mistakes after mistakes on treating players, for example Ray. Remember that Doc did not like to send out Ray (maybe and Perk)
5- most critical issue: he did not show till now, how will resolve the problems

In my opinion DA have to go...Incompetent!

1-Perk is only as good as the system. At the time they had the O'Neals. They thought Shaq would be healthy for the play offs, just didn't pan out. Terry and Lee were suppose to be Rays replacements. They just haven't lived up to what they got signed to do.

2-When a bulk of your cap space is taken up by 3 players is hard to make room for a young star that wants money. Hard to trade age for that star as well. Remember even though Mayo isn't a star, he did almost have a trade for him. Looking back I bet KG wished he didn't voice wanting Ray to stay...

3-Well if you recall the Rondo for Chris Paul trade, which was a reason for trading Perk, he clearly had a vision built around Chris Paul. He had  vision, it just didn't go how he wanted.

4-Ray was the only guy with easy trade value. Its Rays fault in the second contract he didn't get a no trade clause. His job isn't to make friends, its to win.

5-He's been making moves as best he can. This isn't NAB2K, he can't force trades to make the team better. I think over all the Chris Paul none trade hurt more than anything. But thats the problem with players today, they rather play in a city then with hall of famers and a great crowd base.

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I disagree strongly.

Just curious, were you on record saying we weren't going to compete anymore before or after we made it to the ECF? Because people have been on going on record saying we weren't competing anymore since 2009, and there was quite a batch of such proclamations when the team was struggling earlier in the season.

Did you still think we were competing when we were 15-17 but decide we weren't after game 7 of the ECF?

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

I disagree strongly.

So, resigning KG made no sense? Getting jason terry and lee after allen left made no sense? Resigning bass after he has a great year for us last year made no sense?

Seriously, your comment makes no sense. Now if you want to say these guys are under preforming ok fine that's fair, but don't tell me none of these signings made any sense because that's nonsense.

- Resigning KG made some sense if you want him to lead a bunch of young players and to teach them the ropes, I´ll give you that

- Terry, Lee and Bass don´t help us win championships, they don´t help us to rebuild, and we´re not getting anything for these guys that could help us achieve either. They´re just a poor replacement for the guy he wanted to sign but couldn´t in Ray Allen, anyway.

- and, of course, the aforementioned multi-year deal for Jeff Green.

His moves this off-season have set this franchise back for years.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:24:28 PM by Casperian »

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

Just curious, were you on record saying we weren't going to compete anymore before or after we made it to the ECF? Because people have been on going on record saying we weren't competing anymore since 2009, and there was quite a batch of such proclamations when the team was struggling earlier in the season.

Did you still think we were competing when we were 15-17 but decide we weren't after game 7 of the ECF?

Before, and I was right, or could you point me to the Youtube video of us winning #18, because I must´ve missed that?

As far as I´m concerned, this team achieved exactly what I predicted, and lost to the Heat. Some of us don´t change their opinion about this team like others do their underwear, you know?

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Before, and I was right, or could you point me to the Youtube video of us winning #18, because I must´ve missed that?

My mistake, most people don't assume that the team that wins the title is the only team that was competing for the title.