Author Topic: This made me smile (Fan hits halfcourt shot, gets mugged by LBJ afterwards)  (Read 6777 times)

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqd3jUPq3Lw

I loved to see LeBron's reaction, that's something you really can't fake. I actually think he started carrying himself a bit better last year, at least he was a bit more humble in the things he said and did.

Don't worry, I still hate James but I just hate him a bit less after seeing things like this.

Go Celtics!

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Call me cynical, but I think he went over the top on purpose. Somehow the spotlight always has to be on him. So the guy hits a halfcourt shot, wins money, and everyone still talks about LeBron? Mission accomplished for James.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Call me cynical, but I think he went over the top on purpose. Somehow the spotlight always has to be on him. So the guy hits a halfcourt shot, wins money, and everyone still talks about LeBron? Mission accomplished for James.
LOL love it
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Ditto.lol

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, this is really rare.  These people almost never hit that shot.

I watched a replay where the Pistons players went nuts after he hit it.  I'm sure there are lots of players that have never seen that happen, despite playing hundreds of thousands of NBA games.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, this is really rare.  These people almost never hit that shot.

I watched a replay where the Pistons players went nuts after he hit it.  I'm sure there are lots of players that have never seen that happen, despite playing hundreds of thousands of NBA games.
Yes, it is rare, which actually made it even more reprehensible, IMO ... I mean, this guy has one of the biggest moments of his life, and LBJ steals the spotlight.

When the guy said "I'll never wash this shirt, cuz it has LeBron sweat on it", I kinda threw up in my mouth a bit.

It's great that he was a LeBron fan and got a thrill out of it, but it was still clear to me that LBJ was being LBJ, and getting the most attention out of every opportunity.

Guess I just see it differently, but it makes me feel no less animosity for him than before ... it's just plain typical LeBaby stuff ... again.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Kiorrik

I really don't care for any controversy over this. If that'd happen to me, and LBJ (or any other world class athlete) would celebrate with me, I'd gladly show the tape to my friends, family, etc. I don't think it's "bad form" or "out of character" for LeBron at all. He's just like that.

So, doesn't really affect my opinion on him much.

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Yes, it is rare, which actually made it even more reprehensible, IMO ... I mean, this guy has one of the biggest moments of his life, and LBJ steals the spotlight.

When the guy said "I'll never wash this shirt, cuz it has LeBron sweat on it", I kinda threw up in my mouth a bit.

It's great that he was a LeBron fan and got a thrill out of it, but it was still clear to me that LBJ was being LBJ, and getting the most attention out of every opportunity.

Guess I just see it differently, but it makes me feel no less animosity for him than before ... it's just plain typical LeBaby stuff ... again.

I agree with what you're saying.  Don't worry, I'm not a LeBron apologist.   ;D

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I actually am growing to like Lebron. This was pretty funny stuff.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Nah, fair is fair and I have to be honest - Lebron has grown up a LOT both as a player and as a person ever since last seasons' playoff series against us.

He is far more humble and he's taken on the mentality of a true competitor and leader. He and Wade have pretty much switched places right now, with Wade now being the childish brat that nobody likes.

I may be a Celtics fan, but it's actually really hard to hate Lebron these days because he's doing all the right things. 

That said, I still want us to beat him and the Heat brutally :D

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
This doesn't make me think of him differently either way.

I will say that if I hit a half court shot and any Celtic ran over to celebrate with me, It'd be awesome.

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Lighten up, fellas. If it made you smile too, fine. I'm not here to make you love James ;)

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
You hit a half court hook shot in an packed NBA arena, win 75 grand, and then get tackled by the greatest player in the NBA . . . that's a pretty good day.

Unfortunately, that guy is starting to grow on me.

I might have to watch the decision again before today's game just to build my animosity back up. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Any chance we can trade Jason Terry for this guy?

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Lets put it this way, if LBJ was playing for the C's and that is what happened at 1/2 time, it is awesome.  I agree that DWade gets a lot more ire from me than LBJ these days.  I just wish we could get lebron after his contract is up for the heat.