Author Topic: Doubters have something coming  (Read 6921 times)

Doubters have something coming
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:15:25 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
Don't overlook this team when the lights shine brightest. Health-willing, the Celtics will go as far as their floor spacing lets them. Playoff time it's the Rondo, KG, and Pierce show. We need Bass, Terry, Avery, and Lee to make shots when it's their time. That's it.

Think about that. We have KG, Pierce, and Rondo. Who else do you want to go to war with? If they have their legs under them, they will die in the playoffs if they have to.

If Brandon Bass gets straight, it doesn't even matter if this bench figures out how to play (they probably won't).

Yes our defense has sucked. Yes, we haven't been instigators, we've been retaliators. Yes, our bench has atrocious toughness. Yes, Rondo is barely trying on defense. Yes, Pierce doesn't get the extra step/lift he needs unless his juices are flowing.

All of these things don't matter.  Once the adrenaline is rushing, the team will unify, and those problems will be solved.

The Celtics have more warriors on their team than any other playoff team. Never stop believing in this team. Never be a prisoner of the moment.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

Re: Doubters have something coming
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:23:53 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think everyone knows it's going to be the PP KG RR show

we're saying for the regular season, to position ourselves well and to get some wins, how about we get some other ppl going to so they can have confidence in the playoffs? no? makes too much sense?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 01:28:16 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Don't overlook this team when the lights shine brightest. Health-willing, the Celtics will go as far as their floor spacing lets them. Playoff time it's the Rondo, KG, and Pierce show. We need Bass, Terry, Avery, and Lee to make shots when it's their time. That's it.

Think about that. We have KG, Pierce, and Rondo. Who else do you want to go to war with? If they have their legs under them, they will die in the playoffs if they have to.

If Brandon Bass gets straight, it doesn't even matter if this bench figures out how to play (they probably won't).

Yes our defense has sucked. Yes, we haven't been instigators, we've been retaliators. Yes, our bench has atrocious toughness. Yes, Rondo is barely trying on defense. Yes, Pierce doesn't get the extra step/lift he needs unless his juices are flowing.

All of these things don't matter.  Once the adrenaline is rushing, the team will unify, and those problems will be solved.

The Celtics have more warriors on their team than any other playoff team. Never stop believing in this team. Never be a prisoner of the moment.

Lebron wade and bosh.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Seriously tho, we won't win if its the pierce rondo and KG show. Unless pierce and kg both play like they're 25. I'm not counting on that at all. They need more help and it might be too late for pierce. We'll see how much longer his *Slump* continues. We can't win with pierce stinking up the place tho.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP. I like it. Even if it's not true, it feels good to be positive & hope for the best. It will be good to see how we fair against Miami tomorrow. Hopefully National TV Rondo takes stage and we turn the game into a dog fight.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 01:45:47 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Thread title makes me think of something my old man used to say, "My mother always used to tell me, 'well mister, you've got another thing coming!' I always wondered what that other thing was. When was it coming?"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52:40 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Lebron wade and bosh.

Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Lebron wade and bosh.

Meh, my guys are proven lol.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 01:56:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Lebron wade and bosh.

Duncan, Parker, manu

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Lebron wade and bosh.

Duncan, Parker, manu

kobe, shaq and phil jackson? lol

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 02:14:36 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
The Celtics are not winning the NBA championship this year.  I wish I could say they would, but reality is they aren't.  (Yes, I know that anything is possible but realistically it is extremely unlikely)

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 02:38:10 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Lebron wade and bosh.

Meh, my guys are proven lol.

One set of soldiers are in their prime (or not even), and are the best in the battlefield.

Another set of soldiers should be retired and are way past their prime days.   
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 02:39:58 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Lebron wade and bosh.

Duncan, Parker, manu

kobe, shaq and phil jackson? lol

I'd also trust Dirk, Terry, and Marion more as well.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Lebron wade and bosh.

You're in the wrong forum buddy.

I like our group. I think we will get it together. I think if we lose our 7th straight to the Heat we'll end up with a messy trade situation.

The question isn't really RR/PP/KG vs the 3-Amigos. It's our benches. Any fool will tell you that their 3 are in their prime and 2/3 of ours are slowing down. However they don't have Jeff Green or Avery Bradley or Jared Sullinger. They have Judas and a bunch of scrubs. I'm looking forward to playing against them and to be perfectly honest I hope it's the 1st round of the playoffs....

THE 8TH SEED KNOCKS OF THE 1 SEED!

[Pierce Tebows]

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:01 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
TP for the optimism brotha I haven't gave up on them
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk