Author Topic: Sherrod says C's might try to trade for OJ Mayo again  (Read 12180 times)

Re: Sherrod says C's might try to trade for OJ Mayo again
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd much rather get Redick.

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sherrod is always wrong folks.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
AB did not look like an elite defender against Irving.

I read somewhere that Irving only shot 2-3 with Bradley on him, and that the rest of his shots came when he had other defenders on him?

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I read somewhere that Irving only shot 2-3 with Bradley on him, and that the rest of his shots came when he had other defenders on him?

You read?   Well, I saw the game and Irving got him in foul trouble quickly.  Two fouls that dictated the change.  Fouls caused by ticky tack refs to some degree and also a clear advantage by Irving.

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
I would like Mayo, but I wouldn't like to give up Bradley to get him. 

That said we do REALLY need scoring, and Mayo right now is averaging 18 PPG and doing so pretty efficiently (46% FG, 42% 3PT, 86% FT).  He would take over Ray's old role as our second scoring option and would take a lot of the pressure of Pierce and KG, which is exactly what we need.

It's a small move, but picking up Mayo could seriously transform this team.

Is there ANY chance we could get him without giving up Bradley?  I doubt the Mavs would have any interest in taking Terry, Lee or Barbosa for Mayo...neither of them is near Mayo's level right now.  They also have a ton of bigs, so I doubt they'd have any interest in Sullinger, Wilcox or Bass.  They probalby wouldn't mind Green, but I doubt they'd have any interest in taking that salary given their budget plans.

I think for this to happen it would need to include Bradley or else it's a no-deal...

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 10:34:05 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

You read?   Well, I saw the game and Irving got him in foul trouble quickly.  Two fouls that dictated the change.  Fouls caused by ticky tack refs to some degree and also a clear advantage by Irving.

Yes, I didn't watch that particular game - I was too frustrated by the fact that we lost to the [dang] Cavs and frankly didn't have the energy to sit through it.

As for the fouls, Bradley constantly gets called for unicorn (i.e. non existent) fouls with his constant ball pressure.   The kid plays hard and gets right up into people's faces, and he gets a lot of fouls called on him in the process.  It's not like this is a unique result that only happens when Irving is against him.

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Mayo for Bradley.

No thank you.

I would do it in a millisecond.

An undersized SG who's ideal as a sixth man for a 22 year old who is probably the best defender at the guard position in the league?

Even if you think it's a wash, consider that the Cs would have to pay Mayo BIG BUCKS after this season to keep him.

Not worth it.

Bradley's shorter than Mayo.  Mayo's a better player than Bradley right now.

Not saying I'd do the trade, but man, Bradley is really overrated on this board.

Again, even if Mayo is a better / more valuable player than Bradley right now -- the Celtics would have to pay him a TON of money (much more than he's worth) to keep him around after this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Pretty smart by Sherrod, puts out an old rumor because there has been links in the past to that player, making it not seem out of left field.

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Mayo for Bradley.

No thank you.

I would do it in a millisecond.

An undersized SG who's ideal as a sixth man for a 22 year old who is probably the best defender at the guard position in the league?

Even if you think it's a wash, consider that the Cs would have to pay Mayo BIG BUCKS after this season to keep him.

Not worth it.

Bradley's shorter than Mayo.  Mayo's a better player than Bradley right now.

Not saying I'd do the trade, but man, Bradley is really overrated on this board.

Again, even if Mayo is a better / more valuable player than Bradley right now -- the Celtics would have to pay him a TON of money (much more than he's worth) to keep him around after this season.

I think you are exagerating the amount the celtics would have to pay Mayo. He's not going to get a max deal. More along the lines of Jeff Green money imo. Bradley will also demand good money when his deal runs out. It's a matter of who you prefer to pay.

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
danny needs to stop chasing his white whale

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Is this the same Sherrod that said two weeks ago the Celtics were on the verge of trading for Demarcus Cousins?

What's he going to tell us next?

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Pretty smart by Sherrod, puts out an old rumor because there has been links in the past to that player, making it not seem out of left field.

Nah, the rumor is only coming out of deep 3rd base

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Does A Sherrod Blakely ever stop grasping at the trade rumor straws that are out there? How many times does he have to be wrong before CSNNE cans his butt for being a horrible inside reporter?

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
AB did not look like an elite defender against Irving.

Well, Irving is going to make a lot of guys look bad, but I thought somebody posted the numbers showing that Bradley did an okay job limiting him.

Here it is:

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Irving was 2 for 3 and Bradley fouled him twice. Not a lot of shots vs. AB. RT @BTUMassHoops: any Synergy numbers for Kyrie vs. Bradley?

Bradley also seemed to get a lot of help guarding Irving. Sully (I think) also picked up a couple of fouls on Irving when he got past Bradley.

Again, RR...

That's not on Rondo. If they gave Rondo as much help with Irving as Bradley get he probably doesn't go off like that. If they didn't give Bradley anymore help than they gave Rondo he probably keeps scoring.

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:27 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Does A Sherrod Blakely ever stop grasping at the trade rumor straws that are out there? How many times does he have to be wrong before CSNNE cans his butt for being a horrible inside reporter?

I know right? all he does is tweet 47 possible trade rumors about the Celtics a day, most of which are just baseless commonsense tweets, and when he actually hits one he acts like he had some amazing info.

Easily my least favorite Celtics "insider"

Edit: here, I'm gonna play a game called being sherrod.

"Sources tell me Celtics interested in signing LBJ when his contract is up"

"If the Price was right, Dainge very interested in acquiring Blake Griffen."

"Just talked to a High Placed Celtics Source, Very interested in adding a big man."

"Just had a fruit smoothy with my High Placed Celtics source. I can confirm they are very interested in acquiring Kevin Durant if the opportunity arises."

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion