Poll

Which trade if any do you do?

PP to Grizz/Gay to Lakers/Gasol to us
3 (6.5%)
PP to Grizz/ Gay to us
14 (30.4%)
PP to Lakers for Gasol
4 (8.7%)
P P to the Clippers for Bledsoe and salaries (probaby Odom and Butler to match $$$) or another team of your choice
2 (4.3%)
Don't trade the Captain.
23 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: POLL: Which Pierce scenario do you vote for?  (Read 1892 times)

POLL: Which Pierce scenario do you vote for?
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
As soon as I did the OP on the Wiretap/Paul/Pau/Gay thread, I wanted to change it to a Poll .Alas, my technical skills are  deficient, and I couldn't 'cause I didn't know how.

Anyway, so many interesting and diverse opinions have been articulated on that thread, that I thought a poll might be in order.

I voted for the first option:Gasol to us, Gay to Lakers, PP to the Grizz for the many reasons I and others expressed in the other thread.

Of course, if we could get Gasol without giving up the Captain, that would be my choice, but that option is far too unlikely in my opinion to include it in the poll.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:26:20 AM by csfansince60s »

Re: POLL: Which Pierce scenario do you vote for?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rudy Gay

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Don't trade the captain.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think is time he need to retire...and for the moemtn to stay on the bench

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'd strongly prefer not to trade out the only one single player on our team who can score pretty much at will.

No matter what anybody here says he is still a dominant scorer.  The fact that he gave us back-to-back 40 and 30 point games and is near the top of the league in scoring proves that. 

I certainly DO NOT want Gasol.  That guy is absolute garbage in respect to what we need right now.  We do not need a 7 footer that moves as slow as a walrus, is soft as a poodle, who is (at this point) a terrible defender, and who folds like paper in the playoffs. 

We also don't need a 7 footer who (last I checked) was shooting barely over 40% from the field at well beyond 30 years of age.

If I HAD to trade Pierce it would be for Gay because he's a guy who can fill up the score boards consistently and who can also play solid defense, but I think a trade like this will break apart the team's chemistry even worse than it already is. 

Think about how the team responded when Perkins was traded out - now consider that Pierce is the captain of this team, who has been here since he was a rookie. 

Not only do the Celtics lose what feels like a family member, but it also shows the team that there is no loyalty at all in Green, and makes Boston the last place any future players will want to go.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Replacing Pierce with Green (as in the case with LA trade) or Gay (straight up Memphis trade) isn't that appealing to me.

If I had to pick one up, I'd take the Clippers trade, then package Bradley with couple of more role players to get a big. It won't be Cousins or Big Al, but it could be Gortat. Let's say we send picks and Bass alongside Bradley for the assumption, though I don't know if this will be enough or anything close by any means. Bringing in Bledsoe erases the invincibility of Bradley in long term.

Rondo/Bledsoe/Butler/KG/Gortat with Lee/Terry/Green with an increased role on offense/Sullinger on the bench is what you are left with. Since we lose our primary scorer and Rondo/Bledsoe could become a cursed shooting duo in backcourt, we are pretty much screwed.

Don't trade the captain.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Don't trade the captain.

Captain America?

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:00:41 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Replacing Pierce with Green (as in the case with LA trade) or Gay (straight up Memphis trade) isn't that appealing to me.

If I had to pick one up, I'd take the Clippers trade, then package Bradley with couple of more role players to get a big. It won't be Cousins or Big Al, but it could be Gortat. Let's say we send picks and Bass alongside Bradley for the assumption, though I don't know if this will be enough or anything close by any means. Bringing in Bledsoe erases the invincibility of Bradley in long term.

Rondo/Bledsoe/Butler/KG/Gortat with Lee/Terry/Green with an increased role on offense/Sullinger on the bench is what you are left with. Since we lose our primary scorer and Rondo/Bledsoe could become a cursed shooting duo in backcourt, we are pretty much screwed.

Don't trade the captain.

The Clippers aren't going to trade Bledsoe until/if Paul signs long term so you can forget that