Author Topic: Getting Gasol and KEEPING PP  (Read 2583 times)

Getting Gasol and KEEPING PP
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Celtics trade to Lakers: BBass, JTerry, and JGreen

Lakers trade to Celtics: PGasol, and EClark

C's keep PP, get a serviceable SF in Clark, who has seemed to really "get it" this year and been playing really well, and get, next to TDuncan, probably the most skilled big man in the league.

Lakers get rid of Pau, and get some veterans and especially some much needed depth, with playoff experience.

The C's would still have at least a shot in the playoffs, add the size they need, and also a player that keeps them a contender for the next couple of years while KG is still here, and also to keep Rondo happy, as I don't think RR would want to be part of a total rebuilding program!

Pau is also still "only" 32! I think both teams do it! What do you guys think?

Re: Getting Gasol and KEEPING PP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Yeah, id rather trade pierce over green. The age factor and how much pierce is showing serious signs of being cooked.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The Lakers are not accepting longer term deals with our three most disappointing players who are not nearly as valuable as Gasol.

Not even Isiah Thomas would do this deal.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, I'd love this deal.  The Lakers -- even as dissatisfied with Pau as they me -- would pass.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, id rather trade pierce over green.

Not me.  Pierce is better in the short term, and we get to shed a mediocre player on a long-term contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I was thinking BASS and GREEN for PAU.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Either Green or Pierce is OK with me.

As long as Gasol gets here. We win either way.

No way the Fakers gives us Gasol, though, for our castoff salaries.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I really don't think the Lakers would pass on this. Even if they could get another star player back for Pau, say RGay, that still doesn't solve their biggest (well, one of their biggest)problems this year, which is absolutely NO DEPTH! Now while certainly none of the 3 we would be sending is a star, JG was OKC third leading scorer, and the Jets rep is more than solid. I really believe Doc's rigid offense is stifling him, and would give LA reliable scoring off the bench. BBass is not looking happy with his reduced role here and would be a solid foundation guy there. All LA wants are solid performers to support Howard and KB. Right now they have 4 stars and nothing else. They give up one star for 3 solid pieces.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I really don't think the Lakers would pass on this. Even if they could get another star player back for Pau, say RGay, that still doesn't solve their biggest (well, one of their biggest)problems this year, which is absolutely NO DEPTH! Now while certainly none of the 3 we would be sending is a star, JG was OKC third leading scorer, and the Jets rep is more than solid. I really believe Doc's rigid offense is stifling him, and would give LA reliable scoring off the bench. BBass is not looking happy with his reduced role here and would be a solid foundation guy there. All LA wants are solid performers to support Howard and KB. Right now they have 4 stars and nothing else. They give up one star for 3 solid pieces.

1.All three of those guys have been beyond disappointing. The Lakers don't care about what they've done before. they're not taking guys who aren't living up to their contracts for 3-4 years.
2.They plan on making a run at Lebron in 2015. Taking those contracts means no Lebron.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Recent reports have said that LA is very wary of taking on long term payroll.

I can see them being willing to do so for a young star like Rudy Gay but I don't think there is any chance to do it for a bunch of role players on long term contracts.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 09:42:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

1.All three of those guys have been beyond disappointing. The Lakers don't care about what they've done before. they're not taking guys who aren't living up to their contracts for 3-4 years.
2.They plan on making a run at Lebron in 2015. Taking those contracts means no Lebron.

Haha!  The Lakers can dream about getting LeBron all they want.  Ain't Happenin'!

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:39 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
With playoffs out of reach the Lakers aren't trading Pau for long-term contracts or Pierce. They want prospects, picks and expirings. My gut feeling is that they hold out too long and get little for him.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 02:56:52 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Would love that trade, but can't imagine the Lakers even considering it for a nano-second.  Pau can still play, and those guys we would ship are role players.  Zero chance for this IMO....

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Lakers would laugh at you.  They aren't trading Gasol and Clark plus they don't want to pick up salaries...