Author Topic: Jason Terry, get ready for take off  (Read 487 times)

Jason Terry, get ready for take off
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Losing Rondo hurts me personally because I'll miss rooting for him as a fan of his.  It obviously is a huge hit to our championship aspirations as well.

I think the Jason Terry we thought we signed in the offseason is going to finally show up now though.  I've said many times in the forums how displeased I am with Doc's using Terry as a shooting guard in the Ray Allen role.  I expect him to have the ball in his hands more as backup point guard and get more possessions playing pick and roll basketball with KG which is where Terry is at his best.

While losing Rondo is a huge hit and in no way will help our team, I think that the improvement we'll see from Terry will help offset some of that loss.

I also think Jeff Green will (continue to) improve as well.  He never panned out to be that athletic, fast-breaking side kick for Rondo we all expected him to be.  I think how he can best help the team is by playing isolation basketball against mismatches in the 2nd unit.  In our previous offense, this wasn't ever a serious option when Rondo was in the game.  Without a premier floor general on the court, we will have to seek other ways to score the basketball and I expect this to be one of them.

These won't make up for the huge loss that we suffered today, but I think the improved play of these 2 particular players will help offset some of the loss.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur