Author Topic: If we want to blow it up without sacrificing our young guns trade idea  (Read 2659 times)

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Let me start off by saying i don't want to see our core broken up, but the obvious flaws make it tough not to consider it as i feel we went as far as we're going with this core last year.

This trade works on espn trade machine and i believe both sides could benefit from the results, although no one can say either GM would see it from the same light as me.

Boston sends:
Pierce
Rondo
Bass
Terry

Denver sends:
Iguodala
McGee
Lawson
11 mil trade exception
(possibly a draft pick as well)

I think this shores up the backup C spot, replaces pierce with a more capable defender and more athletic slasher, and gives us a viable option at PG. We dump bad contacts in Terry and Bass and replace them with McGee (4 years) and Lawson (5 years) and Iggy is an expiring next year. At face value i know there is holes in this trade, but that 11 mil TE could bring in some great weapons at the trade deadline when teams out of the playoff picture look to dump salary to avoid the luxury tax. Possibly the lakers look for this kind of deal and we snag Steve Nash as our backup PG or the mavs may be another team (many more but you guys get the picture.)

For Denver they get the best player in Rondo, a playoff proven vet in pierce, a legitimate backup for Faried, and extra depth and possible clutch playoff performer in Terry (if he returns to form in their system). With their depth at the 2/3 spots Pierce can work in more limited min and be fresh come playoff time when they'll need him most. I think they become a much bigger threat in the west with this trade.

I know you're all probably getting tired of these trade ideas, as am I, but I'm even more tired of all the preposterous ideas that we can trade our castaways for superstars and people who think Rondo is worth Lebron James or nothing else. If Danny decides to blows it up, what do you think of this trade which is an actual possibility, although any trade idea with this many players is a long shot.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:28:36 PM by cletus1985 »

Re: If we want to blow it up without sacrificing our young guns trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 03:28:31 PM »

Offline TAllen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
I wouldn't touch that trade if I were Denver.  I like Lawson and Iggy over Rondo and PP at this stage in PP's career.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:40 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
I wouldn't touch that trade if I were Denver.  I like Lawson and Iggy over Rondo and PP at this stage in PP's career.

I listed my reasoning for pierce for them above, but i think on Denver with all their shooters a pass 1st PG like rondo who is obviously the best player in the trade could do wonders for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Ok say that trades goes through, what would you do with KG? He won't be licking his chops to play with Javale McGee with no Rondo or Pierce around.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:43:37 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
Ok say that trades goes through, what would you do with KG? He won't be licking his chops to play with Javale McGee with no Rondo or Pierce around.

KG stays in the starting lineup with Lawson and Iggy taking RR and PP's spots. McGee comes in for KG and gives us legit size and some rim protection and rebounding. I admit this trade probably makes KG want to retire next year which sucks, but it beats beating a dead horse which we're currently doing. Unless we pick up something great with the trade exception and truly compete for a championship i know KG is gone after this season with this trade.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

KG stays in the starting lineup with Lawson and Iggy taking RR and PP's spots. McGee comes in for KG and gives us legit size and some rim protection and rebounding. I admit this trade probably makes KG want to retire next year which sucks, but it beats beating a dead horse which we're currently doing. Unless we pick up something great with the trade exception and truly compete for a championship i know KG is gone after this season with this trade.
Would a lineup of Lawson,Igoudala,Green,Sullinger & McGee be a future championship roster/nucleus? Those are the questions you have to ask yourself if you make that deal.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum

Would a lineup of Lawson,Igoudala,Green,Sullinger & McGee be a future championship roster/nucleus? Those are the questions you have to ask yourself if you make that deal.

I understand what you're saying, but i think with that core plus Bradley, Lee, and hopefully a developed Fab Melo beats the alternative of rondo, Bradley, green, sully, and Melo with Lee, Terry, and bass. PP and KG are gonna be gone soon regardless and I'd rather have McGee and Lawson on the books then bass and Terry. Iggy is an expiring next year so we get cap flexibility when him and KG comes off the books. The ''x'' factor would be that trade exception and how it is used/ or not used.

Plus i think the roster would be more dangerous in the playoffs where the wing positions are our biggest threat. Having Iggy to guard James, Anthony, Granger/George is an upgrade from pierce this year. And unless rose comes back full strength I'm confident in Lawson to handle the PG's in the east on the defensive end. Having McGee would be a huge benefit against Miami as well since they don't rebound well and he is big enough to deter some of their drives.

I'm putting my green goggles down when considering this because i hate the thought of giving up pierce and rondo, but i hate the thought of being crushed in the first round more.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
There's just no way Denver would do that...

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
There's just no way Denver would do that...

Its there reasoning you have for that?

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
People really need to drop the trade with Denver nonsense.

These two teams are not good trade partners.

Denver has nothing I want, outside of Faried, whom Denver is not likely to part with.  At least not for anything reasonable.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It feels like they would just be swapping their roster with Boston's roster only with Faried + Gallo there instead of Kevin Garnett.

I can't see them being interested in that.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
It feels like they would just be swapping their roster with Boston's roster only with Faried + Gallo there instead of Kevin Garnett.

I can't see them being interested in that.

They also have 2 legit Bigs, a real back up point guard in miller, and 2 wings in Chandler and brewer who play great. Bass gives them a true back up PF which they lack, and pierce in limited min is the true closer they need for the playoffs. Rondo is obviously the nucleus of why they do this trade, but it does fill some holes for them that they'll need to go anywhere in the playoffs. Their current team isn't going to compete for a championship, i think this at least gives them a chance.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
People really need to drop the trade with Denver nonsense.

These two teams are not good trade partners.

Denver has nothing I want, outside of Faried, whom Denver is not likely to part with.  At least not for anything reasonable.

So you wouldn't want Lawson, Iggy, or McGee for our offensively, defensively (when KG is out), and rebounding challenged team?

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Let me start off by saying i don't want to see our core broken up, but the obvious flaws make it tough not to consider it as i feel we went as far as we're going with this core last year.

This trade works on espn trade machine and i believe both sides could benefit from the results, although no one can say either GM would see it from the same light as me.

Boston sends:
Pierce
Rondo
Bass
Terry

Denver sends:
Iguodala
McGee
Lawson
11 mil trade exception
(possibly a draft pick as well)

I think this shores up the backup C spot, replaces pierce with a more capable defender and more athletic slasher, and gives us a viable option at PG. We dump bad contacts in Terry and Bass and replace them with McGee (4 years) and Lawson (5 years) and Iggy is an expiring next year. At face value i know there is holes in this trade, but that 11 mil TE could bring in some great weapons at the trade deadline when teams out of the playoff picture look to dump salary to avoid the luxury tax. Possibly the lakers look for this kind of deal and we snag Steve Nash as our backup PG or the mavs may be another team (many more but you guys get the picture.)

For Denver they get the best player in Rondo, a playoff proven vet in pierce, a legitimate backup for Faried, and extra depth and possible clutch playoff performer in Terry (if he returns to form in their system). With their depth at the 2/3 spots Pierce can work in more limited min and be fresh come playoff time when they'll need him most. I think they become a much bigger threat in the west with this trade.

I know you're all probably getting tired of these trade ideas, as am I, but I'm even more tired of all the preposterous ideas that we can trade our castaways for superstars and people who think Rondo is worth Lebron James or nothing else. If Danny decides to blows it up, what do you think of this trade which is an actual possibility, although any trade idea with this many players is a long shot.

You might as well swap the whole team LOL