Author Topic: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers  (Read 13701 times)

Re: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Pierce for Gay isn't horrible...but Gay has a huge contract and isn't a superstar. A good player, yes, but for that many years and dollars, I'm skeptical. Paul for (indirectly) Pau could be good...but, again, the contract issue looms. Pau is getting 19 and (almost) 20m this year and next. That's a lot of dough. But...maybe its not terrible in that its only one more season. Of course...I'm not sure which Pau we would get, either. If he's healthy and playing well, he is a great player. If he's not...I'd prefer the Captain.

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
i would do the trade in a heartbeat. Sorry but it works out for me

A KG and Pau combo would be deadly. It would be Duncan + Robinson all over again

Give Jeff Green a chance to start also.

Memphis can have Gay. they wouldn't be any better imo

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »

Offline ghost_of_davidthirdkill

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
If Memphis is willing to trade Gay for Pierce, I'd call Sacramento first and see if they'd be willing to part with Cousins and Salmons for Gay.  Heck, I'd send them a first or Melo, as well. 

Boston gets:  Demarcus Cousins & John Salmons

Memphis gets:  Paul Pierce

Sacramento gets:  Rudy Gay + 1st round (Bos)/Fab Melo

This trade helps the Celtics in the long run and in the present.

However, if the Kings have truly given up the idea of moving DMC, then I'd do the trade with Gasol.

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Pau is softer than Jeff Green.  He has played awful since sucking in the 2011 playoffs, and I don't expect him to be as good with KG as some on here are saying.
What are your concerns about Pau Gasol alongside Garnett?

Why do you think Pau won't be as good alongside KG as some expect Pau to be?

I know the Lakers are misusing Pau and not posting him up, but I put some blame on Gasol.  I don't think he wants to post up anymore.

Also, the spacing would suck if we had a lineup of those two, Rondo, Green, and Bradley.

Defensively, he has regressed a lot.

He would help KG with rebounding, I'll give you that.

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm looking for trades that give us young players and/or draft picks. If we start tanking soon we can get a solid lotto pick

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Roy,

Your opinion carries weight. You're pretty analytical compared to most when it comes to roster moves for Boston. I get the feeling you would rather just stick with Pierce, but let's assume he would be moved for either Pau or Z-Bo.

So, Z-Bo or Pau on our squad assuming we're going to trade Pierce for one of them? And thus promote Jeff to starter.

Who would you like more next to Garnett?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Roy,

Your opinion carries weight. You're pretty analytical compared to most when it comes to roster moves for Boston. I get the feeling you would rather just stick with Pierce, but let's assume he would be moved for either Pau or Z-Bo.

So, Z-Bo or Pau on our squad assuming we're going to trade Pierce for one of them? And thus promote Jeff to starter.

Pau
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Overall I would move Pierce for Gay.

For me if you recognize you aren't in position to compete for a title, then you have to collect as many assets as possible. I believe Gay is a stronger asset then Pierce right now regardless of contract.

That is why I would do it. I love Pierce. He has been the Celtics for the last decade and then some. However for the betterment of the franchise, you got to be like the Patriots, and put the franchise first.

It's not like Boston hasn't been loyal to Pierce. Big contract after big contract. He's been worthy, but we have still paid. We rode with him and brought in a 32 year old Ray Allen coming off double Ankle surgery on a Max Deal. We gave every remaining asset we had to get KG. We went all in for Pierce and thankfully it worked. However it was no sure thing.

If we moved Pierce because it was better for the Boston Celtic's future I don't think either party could be mad. Gary Payton was moved in a similar move. Richard Seymour, etc. is the same thing. For me this is about the organization and if moving Pierce is in the best interest of the Boston Celtic's future then we HAVE to do it.

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Roy,

Pau

Why?

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
My brain says good trade, my heart wants PP to retire a Celtic.

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
meh, makes Cs better in short term, worse in long term....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Roy,

Pau

^This. Z-Bo hogs the ball and even though he is younger, has the tendency to think of himself too much as the alpha dog. Gasol does neither.

Gasol and Garnett could be a potentially lethal inside and out combo having Garnett on the perimeter and Gasol in the post. Those are their natural games and nothing will change that.

I'm for this trade even though there's probably no legs to it (The Lakers aren't helping us to get an overpaid 3. Especially since Howard could be leaving regardless), but only if Danny can get another wing in the process. We need more than Jeff to cover Lebron. This is why I wanted the Celtics to re-sign Marquis. He may not be offensively skilled but he's a reliable defender. Always has been.

EDIT: Also, garnett and gasol are two amazing passers for big men. They'd work very well together.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:17:09 PM by MJohnnyboy »

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The team who is most likely to say no is LA. They'd hate to see Gasol go to their mortal enemy, even if Rudy Gay is the most value they can get for Gasol. Especially because I think Gasol could fit really well with KG and Rondo.

Gasol would put KG back at the 4 because he's a natural 5. I would seriously love to see him and KG work together.

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Roy,

Tough one.

I like both guys.  I think ZBo is better able to carry an offense, which we'd need.  At the same time, Pau is a better defender, and unlike ZBo, can play both front court positions interchangeably.

Pau is probably a better fit next to KG, although the only way we'd contend with either of them is if Randolph got hot and carried the team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Roy,

Pau

^This. Z-Bo hogs the ball and even though he is younger, has the tendency to think of himself too much as the alpha dog. Gasol does neither.

Gasol and Garnett could be a potentially lethal inside and out combo having Garnett on the perimeter and Gasol in the post. Those are their natural games and nothing will change that.

I'm for this trade even though there's probably no legs to it (The Lakers aren't helping us to get an overpaid 3. Especially since Howard could be leaving regardless), but only if Danny can get another wing in the process. We need more than Jeff to cover Lebron. This is why I wanted the Celtics to re-sign Marquis. He may not be offensively skilled but he's a reliable defender. Always has been.

EDIT: Also, garnett and gasol are two amazing passers for big men. They'd work very well together.

At the same time, if Paul was gone, wouldn't we need a "ball hog" down the stretch, somebody who wasn't scared to take the team on his shoulders?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes