Author Topic: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers  (Read 13744 times)

Re: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Anybody in?

Nope.

Adding Pau but subtracting Pierce doesn't make us a contender.

TOTALLY disagree. Pierce looks awful. Gasol and KG down low would be deadly together. I would've made this trade yesterday and twice the day before.

THIS^

Have you guys watched Pau play recently?  He's played poorly his last two trips to the playoffs, and has been bad this year. 

Our biggest issue right now is with offense, and Pau isn't going to elevate us in that regard.

Why not Z-Bo over Pau?

Pau to Memphis with his Bro. Pierce back home to LA. Z-Bo to Boston alongside KG.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not saying we should trade Pierce, but this proposal makes a lot of sense.

* Gay's a good player, and a good fit in Memphis, but the Grizz want to shed money. Pierce, at this point, is owed only $5M next season, so Memphis would get a three-month rental on a declining but still fairly productive (and playoff-tested) Hall of Famer to lead a squad that's relatively inexperienced in big-game situations. Plus they save big bucks next season.

* Lakers (thankfully) don't get Pierce, but they do get a good young player who, though not a top-tier player, could nonetheless help them transition to the post-Kobe era as a good complement to Dwight Howard's inside game.

* Celtics get a much-needed tall player who actually likes playing in the post—something else they desperately need—and wants to be in the post, and is good in the post, and is also a good passer. A KG-Gasol frontcourt would be great in terms of length, rebounding, rim protection, passing, and inside-outside scoring. Stinks to lose Pierce, but this will open things up for Jeff Green to get big, consistent minutes—and if he's the "heir apparent" to Pierce (in Danny's book), they might as well start using him more.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Which would make us a better team. Pierce here starting or gasol next to KG with green starting. I mean, unless you think gasol is a complete bum and has nothing left *Because that's exactly how pierce is playing* i don't see how you couldn't say gasol. Gasol next to KG? Are you kidding me? With rondo setting everybody up? I think we can survive not having pierce turning the ball over and getting blocked 5 times a game while playing old man defense.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Why not Z-Bo over Pau?

Pau to Memphis with his Bro. Pierce back home to LA. Z-Bo to Boston alongside KG.

I imagine LA would rather have Rudy Gay than Pierce. A young star to put alongside Dwight instead of another old-timer on his way out.

I would love to see Memphis with Pau Gasol there instead of Zach Randolph. It would be great to see Pau and Marc play alongside each other. So potent together for Spain. Their combined passing ability with Mike Conley, whew, wow. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
If the Lakers are set on Gay then I like this deal for all involved.

Move Green into the starting lineup also.

Z-Bo to Boston.

Pierce and Pau to Memphis.

Gay to the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aq26g87

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Anybody in?

Nope.

TOTALLY disagree. Pierce looks awful. Gasol and KG down low would be deadly together. I would've made this trade yesterday and twice the day before.

THIS^

Have you guys watched Pau play recently?  He's played poorly his last two trips to the playoffs, and has been bad this year. 

Our biggest issue right now is with offense, and Pau isn't going to elevate us in that regard.

Pau has indeed struggled this year, but I think at least a large part of that has to do with D'Antoni's system having no place for Pau (since Dwight's there), and D'Antoni misusing him whenever he does see the floor—trying to force him to be a three-point shooter, which negates Pau's great post game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
PG - Rondo
SG - Lee
SF - Green
PF - KG
C - Pau 
.... that roster makes more sense.   Still probably not a major contender unless KG starts playing vintage ball, but Pau and KG next together would be awesome.

Lee starts over Bradley? 

Something about Courtney Lee and Jeff Green starting together is making me very uncomfortable.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Which would make us a better team. Pierce here starting or gasol next to KG with green starting. I mean, unless you think gasol is a complete bum and has nothing left *Because that's exactly how pierce is playing* i don't see how you couldn't say gasol. Gasol next to KG? Are you kidding me? With rondo setting everybody up? I think we can survive not having pierce turning the ball over and getting blocked 5 times a game while playing old man defense.

I think it's a lateral move, for which we'd be paying Pau $22.2 million next year.  That extra $7 million (assuming we pick up Pierce's contract) or $17 million (if we don't) would put us squarely above the luxury tax, and unable to use the full MLE or bi-annual exception. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Anybody in?

Nope.

THIS^

Gasol has been terribly misused in D'Antoni's system, and he's p---ed about it.

D'Antoni has Gasol playing outside as a shooter. WTH is that? What it is is a stubborn D'Antoni forcing his "system" on players who are far better suited to a halfcourt post game.

That is not Gasol's strength. His strength is palying in the post, picking and popping or rolling and is a superior passer both on the kickout and inside. He is a rebounder. He can block shots.

Add to that that D'Antoni, in a spat with Gasol, said Gasol was relegated to the bench permanently, I think were his exact words.

Way to get the most out of your players!!

Losing Pierce will sting in a whole bunch of ways, but getting Gasol will solve a lot of problems on this team.

Is it a gamble? Yes, every trade is a gamble.

Is it worth it? In my opinion all day, everyday.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
If the Lakers are set on Gay then I like this deal for all involved.

Z-Bo to Boston.

Pierce and Pau to Memphis.

Gay to the Lakers.

Pierce with his shooting ability would be a much better fit offensively in Memphis alongside Pau and Marc Gasol than Rudy Gay would be.

Conley and Pierce would give Memphis two high level shooters. They could have TA as their defensive stopper. Delonte West would be a lovely alternative to TA at SG with his shooting ability. Really spread out the floor for Pau and Marc to pound teams in the paint.

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Anybody in?

Nope.

THIS^

Pau has indeed struggled this year, but I think at least a large part of that has to do with D'Antoni's system having no place for Pau (since Dwight's there), and D'Antoni misusing him whenever he does see the floor—trying to force him to be a three-point shooter, which negates Pau's great post game.

What about the playoffs the last two seasons, when he's averaged around 12 points and shot 42%? 

I just don't see the evidence that Pau is going to be able to carry a team offensively.  A lineup of Pau/KG/Green/Bradley/Rondo is very poor offensively, even worse than our current team.  Plus, our bench scoring would be worse without Green's sporadic contributions.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
The trade hurts us the most, then the Griz, then the Lakers.

Pau is softer than Jeff Green.  He has played awful since sucking in the 2011 playoffs, and I don't expect him to be as good with KG as some on here are saying.

Grizzlies still lack a go-to scorer in the clutch.  Gay has been that guy, and they ship him out for a slower, older guy who primarily takes jumpers?  Gimme a break.

Gay isn't a good enough three point shooter to be great for that D'Antoni system, but he's plenty athletic.  A Gay, Artest, Howard front court could be intriguing.

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Lakers trying to add a young star in Rudy Gay to go along with Dwight Howard.

Building the foundation for the next 5-8 years of title-contention post Kobe Bryant.

Apart from the fact that Gay ain't no star.

Yeah right now if you were rank them it would go:

#1 - (Healthy) Pau
#2 - Pierce
#3 - Gay

I would rate Pau Gasol as the best player in the deal. Rudy Gay as the 2nd best but the most valuable overall due to his youth.

I see Pierce as the least valuable. Oldest and worst.

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Lakers trying to add a young star in Rudy Gay to go along with Dwight Howard.

Building the foundation for the next 5-8 years of title-contention post Kobe Bryant.

Apart from the fact that Gay ain't no star.

Yeah right now if you were rank them it would go:

#1 - (Healthy) Pau
#2 - Pierce
#3 - Gay

I would rate Pau Gasol as the best player in the deal. Rudy Gay as the 2nd best but the most valuable overall due to his youth.

I see Pierce as the least valuable. Oldest and worst.

Where does Z-Bo rank in there?

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Pau is softer than Jeff Green.  He has played awful since sucking in the 2011 playoffs, and I don't expect him to be as good with KG as some on here are saying.
What are your concerns about Pau Gasol alongside Garnett?

Why do you think Pau won't be as good alongside KG as some expect Pau to be?