Author Topic: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers  (Read 13656 times)

Re: Wiretap Speculation:3 way:PP to Grizz,Pau to Cs, Gay to Fakers
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Roy,

Your opinion carries weight. You're pretty analytical compared to most when it comes to roster moves for Boston. I get the feeling you would rather just stick with Pierce, but let's assume he would be moved for either Pau or Z-Bo.

So, Z-Bo or Pau on our squad assuming we're going to trade Pierce for one of them? And thus promote Jeff to starter.

Who would you like more next to Garnett?
Pau

^This. Z-Bo hogs the ball and even though he is younger, has the tendency to think of himself too much as the alpha dog. Gasol does neither.

Gasol and Garnett could be a potentially lethal inside and out combo having Garnett on the perimeter and Gasol in the post. Those are their natural games and nothing will change that.

I'm for this trade even though there's probably no legs to it (The Lakers aren't helping us to get an overpaid 3. Especially since Howard could be leaving regardless), but only if Danny can get another wing in the process. We need more than Jeff to cover Lebron. This is why I wanted the Celtics to re-sign Marquis. He may not be offensively skilled but he's a reliable defender. Always has been.

EDIT: Also, garnett and gasol are two amazing passers for big men. They'd work very well together.

At the same time, if Paul was gone, wouldn't we need a "ball hog" down the stretch, somebody who wasn't scared to take the team on his shoulders?

Touche. Let me just say I don't want Pierce gone, and I would be angered beyond belief if he was traded straight up for Gay. I just think Gasol and Garnett would work beautifully together.

And another problem is Pierce hasn't shown the clutch gene much this season. Outside of the Knicks game, I can't really remember a game where Pierce showed up down the stretch. Last night made me mad because Josh Smith, one of the best defensive wings in the game, was covering Pierce on his typical iso play, but that didn't stop Pierce, and it cost the Celtics the game.

Gasol has shown he has the clutch gene. He stepped up to the plate in the game that shant be remembered in the 4th quarter. Granted Perk wasn't there, but Gasol made plays down the stretch when Kobe wasn't hitting shots. The Lakers (Or D'Antonni) don't want him anymore. I think letting go of Pierce is worth the risk for Gasol. He's a center who has got a post game and he can rebound. I think he'd be great here.