Author Topic: Bench Bass  (Read 2731 times)

Re: Bench Bass
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
More like trade Bass.

I love Bass' hustle, but I think he might've been playing for money last year.  He's become so ineffective this year.

Not sure who would want him, though.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Sullinger is better coming off the bench with his energy. I hate seeing Bass and Sullinger out there together. I'm surprised that Doc hasn't played Wilcox with Sullinger yet. A line-up with Rondo, Bradley/Lee, Green, Sullinger, and Wilcox could work. Biggest problem would be who scores? When Pierce and Garnett are out is when we lose leads. If Danny trades for someone it needs to be a scorer who can leads the 2nd unit. Terry isn't working out the way we hoped so either play Barbosa more or make a trade.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:45 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Bass is almost certainly going to be traded before the deadline. I think we'll try to get a passable big for him and our 2013 1st round pick.

With that in mind I don't want him benched. I want him taking 20 shots a night, shooting 56%, grabbing 10+ rebounds while we nosedive into all-star break. Then $$$CHA-CHING$$$!

I am only 50% kidding though. Bass is in the starting lineup because he is the worst defensive big we have (yeah including Collins) and KG makes him look like he has a clue. Bass also spaces the floor a bit for Rondo/AB/PP to get to the rim.

I don't want Green in the starting lineup unless it's at SF. I dig the Rondo/PP/Green/Bass/KG idea okay except that Bradley is really effective on the opponents best guards and Pierce is S-L-O-W. Honestly Doc is doing the best he can with 4 big guys who aren't up to snuff (I forgive the rookie). Bass, Wilcox (injury) and Collins have been huge disappointments so far.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Bass is almost certainly going to be traded before the deadline. I think we'll try to get a passable big for him and our 2013 1st round pick.

With that in mind I don't want him benched. I want him taking 20 shots a night, shooting 56%, grabbing 10+ rebounds while we nosedive into all-star break. Then $$$CHA-CHING$$$!

I am only 50% kidding though. Bass is in the starting lineup because he is the worst defensive big we have (yeah including Collins) and KG makes him look like he has a clue. Bass also spaces the floor a bit for Rondo/AB/PP to get to the rim.

I don't want Green in the starting lineup unless it's at SF. I dig the Rondo/PP/Green/Bass/KG idea okay except that Bradley is really effective on the opponents best guards and Pierce is S-L-O-W. Honestly Doc is doing the best he can with 4 big guys who aren't up to snuff (I forgive the rookie). Bass, Wilcox (injury) and Collins have been huge disappointments so far.

Collins is just as good, if not better, than we expected.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"