If I was the GM of the celtics and was looking at my current team I would definitely be inching closer to pushing that proverbial e red button and blowing things up.
This would be my plan/pict to owner ship.
First Act of business
1. Sit Rondo down let him know the plan is to build a team around him. Drive home that the next 2 years are going to suck but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I also remind him of the years pierce went through before his ring.
2. Sit KG and Paul down tell lay it out to them that the ship is sinking and they both have earned at least one more run at a ring. Treat both players as if they have no-trade clauses and get their agents involved in finding playoff teams for them.
Second Act (trades)
Pierce and Terry to Golden State
Celts get Biedris, Jefferson, Barnes, and 2013 1st rd pick
KG is traded to Dallas
Orlando gets Kaman and Bass
Celtics get Turkoglue, Jones, Macroberts, a 1st from orlando and a 2014 1st from Dallas
3. Try to package Wilcox and Barbosa for a young player. Maybe http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bed2q45
Now I know that was rough and the Cs are a worse team for it.
Third Act (rest of this year and next season)
1. Get young guys on the court AB and Sully start. Barnes is the 6th man. Melo gets called up and starts getting minutes.
2. Showcase Jeff Green, his value is to low to trade so show the league how much talent he has. Run plays for him and have him on the court 30+ min every game. Then look to move him so that Barnes goes from 6th man to starter.
1. Next season the terrible deals Turk, Biedris, Jefferson all become expiring deals. If possible flip them for more young talent. More then likely let them run out.
2. Use cap room from the bad contract collection to go after Cousins or Monroe in free agency.
My general roster plan / development hopes would be to fill the following roster roles in the 2015-2016 season as follows
PG Rondo (playing at same level as today)
SG Avery ( developed offense averaging 12+pts)
SF Barnes ( allstar level SF 20pt game guy)
PF Sully (15pt 10+ Rb game guy)
C Cousin/Monore (allstar center)
6th Scoring 6'4+ SG (from green trade?)
7th Melo (poor man tyson chandler 5pt 5rb 1.5 blk)
8th Stretch 4