Author Topic: If the bomb has to drop (blow up idea looking big picture)  (Read 2566 times)

If the bomb has to drop (blow up idea looking big picture)
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:30:52 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If I was the GM of the celtics and was looking at my current team I would definitely be inching closer to pushing that proverbial e red button and blowing things up.

This would be my plan/pict to owner ship.

First Act of business

1. Sit Rondo down let him know the plan is to build a team around him. Drive home that the next 2 years are going to suck but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I also remind him of the years pierce went through before his ring.

2. Sit KG and Paul down tell lay it out to them that the ship is sinking and they both have earned at least one more run at a ring. Treat both players as if they have no-trade clauses and get their agents involved in finding playoff teams for them.

Second Act (trades)

1. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqwvwsc
    Pierce and Terry to Golden State
    Celts get Biedris, Jefferson, Barnes, and 2013 1st rd pick

2. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3lmqtr
    KG is traded to Dallas
    Orlando gets Kaman and Bass
    Celtics get Turkoglue, Jones, Macroberts, a 1st from orlando and a 2014 1st from Dallas

3. Try to package Wilcox and Barbosa for a young player. Maybe http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bed2q45

Now I know that was rough and the Cs are a worse team for it.

Third Act (rest of this year and next season)

1. Get young guys on the court AB and Sully start. Barnes is the 6th man. Melo gets called up and starts getting minutes.

2. Showcase Jeff Green, his value is to low to trade so show the league how much talent he has. Run plays for him and have him on the court 30+ min every game. Then look to move him so that Barnes goes from 6th man to starter.

Fourth Act

1. Next season the terrible deals Turk, Biedris, Jefferson all become expiring deals. If possible flip them for more young talent. More then likely let them run out.

2. Use cap room from the bad contract collection to go after Cousins or Monroe in free agency.

My general roster plan / development hopes would be to fill the following roster roles in the 2015-2016 season as follows

PG Rondo (playing at same level as today)
SG Avery ( developed offense averaging 12+pts)
SF Barnes ( allstar level SF 20pt game guy)
PF Sully  (15pt 10+ Rb game guy)
C  Cousin/Monore (allstar center)
6th Scoring 6'4+ SG (from green trade?)
7th Melo (poor man tyson chandler 5pt 5rb 1.5 blk)
8th Stretch 4
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: If the bomb has to drop (blow up idea looking big picture)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
KG does have a no trade clause so you would have to sit him and his agent down.

No way would Golden State trade all of that, including a potential Star in Barnes for an aging most likely done after this season.

You'd have a better chance getting Barnes for Green at this point.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
That GS trade trade is one I have been thinking about for a long time. They are really high on Barnes- for good reason- so I think they wouldn't do it for our aging players who have fallen off a cliff this year. It could save them some money next year if they buy out Paul for 4 mil, but then where are they? I think they would prefer to develop their young team with Barns as a key piece, and use RJ and AB in trades when they become expiring (or just use that money to keep their good young players when rookie contracts are up). I also think the first round pick would have to come from us to make them consider this, and not the other way around. If they were willing to do that trade you proposed, however, I'd be 100% okay with it if we are going into rebuild mode. TP for your time and effort on this.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd love to get a talent like Barnes in return for Pierce, but I don't see that happening.  Golden State would be very good if they had Barnes this season, but I don't think they'd give up Barnes.  Not enough of a sure thing for them.

One intriguing idea would be KG + Pierce for Thompson and Bogut (and salary filler as necessary).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Second Act (trades)

1. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqwvwsc
    Pierce and Terry to Golden State
    Celts get Biedris, Jefferson, Barnes, and 2013 1st rd pick

2. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3lmqtr
    KG is traded to Dallas
    Orlando gets Kaman and Bass
    Celtics get Turkoglue, Jones, Macroberts, a 1st from orlando and a 2014 1st from Dallas

3. Try to package Wilcox and Barbosa for a young player. Maybe http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bed2q45

Now I know that was rough and the Cs are a worse team for it.

I think you need to lower your expectations / hopes.

(1) Golden State are not giving up H.Barnes and a first for Pierce. I strongly doubt they would even give up Barnes by himself for Pierce. They probably would give up a first and maybe J.Tyler for Pierce.

(2) Orlando are not giving up a first for Kaman and Bass. They are rebuilding through the draft.

(3) Nobody is giving up a young player for Barbosa and Wilcox.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Dubs are very high on Barnes. I dont think they would do this.

On a sidenote though. Id trade Green, Melo and a couple of Second rounders for Ezeli and RJ.

I think we can sell Green's potential to GS. Beans has been playing well so lozing Ezeli qont be a problem, especialky when (not if) Bogut comes back in a month. They get another big in Melo who they can develop, and two second rounders, or maybe one and one future first.

We get and NBA ready Center and a SF who on limited minutes have contributed well, can still get to the rim and less contract obligations.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 10:29:50 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No one mentions the fact we take on three god awful contracts in Jefferson, bierdnis, and turkaglue? No way I make any of those deals.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No one mentions the fact we take on three god awful contracts in Jefferson, bierdnis, and turkaglue? No way I make any of those deals.

All of them goes of books by 2014, same with KG's. We wont be tied up that long.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'd love to get a talent like Barnes in return for Pierce, but I don't see that happening.  Golden State would be very good if they had Barnes this season, but I don't think they'd give up Barnes.  Not enough of a sure thing for them.

One intriguing idea would be KG + Pierce for Thompson and Bogut (and salary filler as necessary).

PhoSita,

Interesting idea.  We could trade KG and PP to Golden State for Bogut, Biedrins, and Thompson, I think.  It would be amazing if Bogut could get healthy and then consider re-signing with us after next year.  Also, I have always liked Biedrins' unselfish game, especially before he feel apart and lost all but all of his confidence.  He is still young and could be decent if we could get him to a great sports psychologist:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:07 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

PhoSita,

Interesting idea.  We could trade KG and PP to Golden State for Bogut, Biedrins, and Thompson, I think.  It would be amazing if Bogut could get healthy and then consider re-signing with us after next year.  Also, I have always liked Biedrins' unselfish game, especially before he feel apart and lost all but all of his confidence.  He is still young and could be decent if we could get him to a great sports psychologist:-))

Smitty77

Biedrins unselfish game?  He has no game.  Check his stats plus he makes 9 million per year.  Bogut can't get healthy period. So he has no real trade value, and there's no way KG agrees to go to GS.