Author Topic: Ray Allen's return to TD Garden on Sunday afternoon  (Read 5830 times)

Re: Ray Allen's return to TD Garden on Sunday afternoon
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Ray Allen will return to TD Garden on Sunday for the first time and Doc Rivers said he hopes the crowd cheers the former Celtic.
That's nice of Rivers to say, but Allen's Heat teammates are far less enthusiastic about a potential warm greeting in Boston. "I don't expect it to be good," LeBron James said about the reception. "If you don't wear green, in that building they don't like you." Knowing the Celtics crowd, we expect he'll get his fair share of boos, but it could very well drive Allen to one his best games of the season, which would make owners very happy.
Related: Celtics

Source: FOX Sports Florida Jan 26 - 9:38 AM
LeBron thinks he gets booed louder than Carmelo after an incident or even Kobe because he doesn't wear green?  He still can't accept the fact that we (and most of sports) genuinely hate him?  His ego is on such another level.

I have a feeling there will be enough cheers for Ray to somewhat cancel out the boos.  Not every fan is petty and jealous that Miami got him.  LeBron will surely get booed louder and every single time he gets the ball.  Everybody should go see a Heat game, it's awesome.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Have always been a bit confused about the venom shown towards Ray. He took less money to play for a team that has a better chance of a championship....aren't we supposed to laud players like that?

Only when it benefits us. then we lavish praise on such players as paragons of sport and true Celtics.

When you do it for another team, your a traitor and a horrible human being who should be expunged from all team history.

It's greenglasses (well really any fanbase) 101.

I can't think of a comparable situation to the way Ray left the Celtics in recent NBA history. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is due a major karma bomb!

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
They should chant "welcome back".

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Have always been a bit confused about the venom shown towards Ray. He took less money to play for a team that has a better chance of a championship....aren't we supposed to laud players like that?

There is no "supposed"
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Probably the funniest thing I've seen all year. TP. LOL

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
he went to enemy #1

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Looks like Ray made the right call for himself. The team sucks and many people here think Doc is just horrible. So why should he stay again? More money? He has more the he could spend probably. Make the fans happy? Many of them wanted him traded.

I was mad at him at first but now he's proven to have done the smart thing.

Yeah Ray seemed to know what he was doing after all...

(Just threw up in my mouth)  >:(

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DKC Suns

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 03:03:04 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
he went to enemy #1

I don't think you laud that.  Did you expect the Magic to cheer Shaq when he took less to go to the Lakers?

Ray was within every right to backstab Boston (as was Shaq), but that's what he did.  He took less money to play for the team that was the biggest barrier to the C's reaching the finals.

That said, I wouldn't boo him.  I'd applaud cordially in deference to his run here.  Then just root hard for the C's.  Beating the Heat is the only real way to make Ray feel anything negative about his move.  Unfortunately, there is little doubt right now that Ray made the right move for himself.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Applaud when he first enters the game, boo him the rest of the way, cheer when he misses, especially free throws.

This happened, what, six months ago?  It's time we got over it.

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
he went to enemy #1

I don't think you laud that.  Did you expect the Magic to cheer Shaq when he took less to go to the Lakers?

Ray was within every right to backstab Boston (as was Shaq), but that's what he did.  He took less money to play for the team that was the biggest barrier to the C's reaching the finals.

That said, I wouldn't boo him.  I'd applaud cordially in deference to his run here.  Then just root hard for the C's.  Beating the Heat is the only real way to make Ray feel anything negative about his move.  Unfortunately, there is little doubt right now that Ray made the right move for himself.

TP.

Ignore him and the 3 Stooges. Root for the Celtics, and show why we're not South Beach. We have real fans.

Let's go Celtics! clap clap clap-clap-clap!

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
he went to enemy #1

the magic and lakers had no rivalry history.