Author Topic: Blow it up: Three trades  (Read 3448 times)

Blow it up: Three trades
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:12:21 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
1. KG (with his permission) and JET to Clippers for Jordan, Bledsoe, and Billups.

2. PP and Bass to Lakers for Gasol and Blake

3. Rondo to Kings for Cousins and Evans.

Thoughts??

Or we could just FIRE Doc:-)))))

Smitty77

Re: Blow it up: Three trades
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:25:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:36 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Not a big Mo Williams' fan here and Utah won't part with Kanter (IMHO).

I really like the second trade though!!!  Well done!!

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:07:31 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Not a big Mo Williams' fan here and Utah won't part with Kanter (IMHO).

I really like the second trade though!!!  Well done!!

Smitty77

Kanter and Favors seem a little redundant to me.  Neither can stretch the floor much.

Kanter is a nice young big man prospect but I think getting Rondo to pair with Favors, Hayward and their other young guys (and Big Al if they decide to keep him) would be worth it. 
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Blow it up: Trade Idea with Milwaukee
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:02:10 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=98psmk9

A decent Rondo trade where we get Brandon Jennings and Drew Gooden where we fill two needs. I just think Brandon Jennings would fit in better in Boston and Drew Gooden is a very servicable big.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:22:28 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ad7jtdg

This GEM really shakes them up and Doc will resign if Danny sticks this trade in the Celtics kiester.

Houston, I believe is good trading partner for Boston because they have 6.9 million in cap space and Kevin McHale is the coach.

Pierce would fit in nicely with Dallas and Rondo would enjoy playing with a running team like the Blazers.

Boston increases their bridge year talent base and a new Celtics coach can mold this team the way he sees fit.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ad7jtdg

This GEM really shakes them up and Doc will resign if Danny sticks this trade in the Celtics kiester.

Houston, I believe is good trading partner for Boston because they have 6.9 million in cap space and Kevin McHale is the coach.

Pierce would fit in nicely with Dallas and Rondo would enjoy playing with a running team like the Blazers.

Boston increases their bridge year talent base and a new Celtics coach can mold this team the way he sees fit.

Um . . . the Blazers have Lillard.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Cool, Smitty.

1. KG (with his permission) and JET to Clippers for Jordan, Bledsoe, and Billups.

Hell no. KG is the anchor of our defense and is our ONLY constant player on offense. I'm not willing to give that up for a guy who averages 8 and 6 with 10 mil per year and a highlight block here and then.. Bledsoe is ok i guess but nowhere near to being a consistent starting point guard.. CB is good but after the injury, he'll never be the same. Plus he's 36.

2. PP and Bass to Lakers for Gasol and Blake

Ummm no? PP is alone worth more than that old softy and Blake. I would do it if it were the Gasol from 08'. Steve is an average at best pg and a black hole at D.

3. Rondo to Kings for Cousins and Evans.

Not a bad idea, but I think we shouldn't trade the best pg in the league. I mean, we get cool guys in return, but we should wait. Plus, I am pretty sure the Kings say NO.

Or we could just FIRE Doc:-)))))

I don't think it's the problem with Doc, but more with our guys' mental issues. They must know they gotta give a 100 percent, no matter if it's a 27 point deficit or a 27 point lead. We are NOT going to find a better coach than Doc.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
My series of trades, they all work on trade machine.

CLE - Green
BOS - Varejao

LAC - Pierce
BOS - Butler, Odom (expiring)

MIN - Garnett
BOS - Pekovic, Ridnour

ATL - Rondo, Lee
BOS - Teague, Williams, Korver (expiring), 2014 1st

IND - Terry
BOS - Augustin (expiring)

So the team the rest of the year with all the moves is:

PG - Teague, Augustin, Barbosa
SG - Bradley, Ridnour
SF - Butler, Korver
PF - Sullinger, Odom
C - Pekovic, Melo, Wilcox, Collins

IR - Varejao, Williams

In other words, the team sucks the rest of the year, but next summer, has room for 1 max contract (in addition to room to re-sign Teague and Pekovic) and will have Varejao and Williams coming back in addition to that probable high lottery pick. 

2013-4 projected lineup
PG - Teague, Ridnour
SG - Williams, Bradley
SF - Butler, ?
PF - Varejao, Sullinger
C - Pekovic, ?, Melo

Then in the 2014 summer, the team once again will have room for a max contract when Butler and Ridnour come off the books and get a couple of more 1st round picks (their own and the Rondo trade) in what is projected as a very deep 2014 draft.

Obviously this would be a risky way to go, but it clears a ton of salary to get cap room each of the next two summers and provides a number of young players on reasonable contracts to develop.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

A decent Rondo trade where we get Brandon Jennings and Drew Gooden where we fill two needs. I just think Brandon Jennings would fit in better in Boston and Drew Gooden is a very servicable big.

If we trade rondo for Jennings I would never watch the celtics again and become a WNBA fan.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
My series of trades, they all work on trade machine.

CLE - Green
BOS - Varejao

LAC - Pierce
BOS - Butler, Odom (expiring)

MIN - Garnett
BOS - Pekovic, Ridnour

ATL - Rondo, Lee
BOS - Teague, Williams, Korver (expiring), 2014 1st

IND - Terry
BOS - Augustin (expiring)

So the team the rest of the year with all the moves is:

PG - Teague, Augustin, Barbosa
SG - Bradley, Ridnour
SF - Butler, Korver
PF - Sullinger, Odom
C - Pekovic, Melo, Wilcox, Collins

IR - Varejao, Williams

I think minus the Rondo trade you have a nice blow it up plan there.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
PF - Varejao, Sullinger
C  - Pekovic, ?, Melo
I don't think Varejao and Pekovic would play well together. Varejao struggled alongside Shaq in Cleveland. Pekovic is farily similar to Shaq offensively in the latter years of Shaq's career. Varejao and Shaq had major spacing problems when they played together.

Maybe start Sullinger and bring Varejao off the bench as a sixth man. Not ideal but I think the best use of the players available.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I like Drew Gooden, but he has hardly been playing at all for the Bucks and therefore I think we can get him for next to nothing.  Certainly, we will not have to give up RR.  I do like Gooden and would love for us to get him!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Celtics are not going to blow it up.  Neither ownership, Doc or AInge would be in favor of that so it's not happening.  They will make trades but not starting over..

Personally I liked the Gasol trade mentioned or maybe trying to get Gortat. 

KG isn't going anywhere and the trade mentioned for him would never happen with the Clips anyway.