Author Topic: DA, Doc and C's players have given fans a Nightmare season  (Read 3162 times)

Re: DA, Doc and C's players have given fans a Nightmare season
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
im surprised people are so easy to put the blame on Pierce/KG.

Pierce has had a rough couple weeks, but overall he's as productive as he was the past few years.

His FG% is down. And he jacks up too many 3's early in the shot clock.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
People who are saying it's because we're too old, quite frankly have no idea what they're talking about.

Age hasn't made Rondo walk the ball up the court so the defense gets set and forces us to take bad midrange contested fadaway jumpers 10+ times a game.

Age hasn't made Green a "here and there", "sometimes" player.

Age hasn't made Rondo a sieve on defense who lets guys blow by him to the rim.

Age hasn't made us have players walk back in transition defense while they play 4 vs 2.

It's laziness, self entitlement and sheer stupidity of Rondo.  I mean yes, you can argue if Pierce and KG were in their primes we'd be better (stating the obvious).  But this team's talent, even with PP and KG at this point in their careers is WAY higher than what our record shows. 

Lack of a quality center to spell Garnett coupled with Pierces legs finally giving out after Doc was forced to ride him all season, all topped with laziness and self entitlement given by everyone on the team besides Garnett and Lee.  Those are the things that have caused this season.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think its Wyc and Ainge, as I believe it was more important to put out our big names and pretend we could win than start the rebuilding process that needed to happen(that the casual fans wouldn't want). I assume Wyc is behind most of this.

we were 1 game from the NBA finals last year...its not like Wyc was "pretending we could win" when you were playing as well as we did to end that season and were so close to getting to the chip

when you are that close you try and go for it...unfortunately they seemed to have missed on most of their moves this past summer

On the surface it looks like we contended, but when you consider Horfords injury, Roses injury, playing an 8th seed that took us to 7 games, and Bosh's injury, we were extremely lucky we got that road. Now add in the fact that KG and Pierce are a year older...I don't think it's too hard to see that this was what would happen.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Defense is all about effort, and this team seemingly has no desire to give the effort to play defense.

you saw thursday we held the knicks to something like 40% shooting and 89points(even though we lost) how is it we can then come out and give up 118points the next game??

the problem is that our pieces dont fit together and have no heart to play defense...a large reason last year we were more successful is that our bench gave 100% on defense despite having mediocre talent. everyone bought in.

if I'm ainge, I trade anyone who hasnt been playing 100%...i'm iffy on trading green because I thought he actually has played well the past few games. and could be an answer at SF for the future.(maybe as a #4 option like gerald wallace)

but, trading away Bass,Terry for a big would do alot to help this team

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I think its Wyc and Ainge, as I believe it was more important to put out our big names and pretend we could win than start the rebuilding process that needed to happen(that the casual fans wouldn't want). I assume Wyc is behind most of this.

we were 1 game from the NBA finals last year...its not like Wyc was "pretending we could win" when you were playing as well as we did to end that season and were so close to getting to the chip

when you are that close you try and go for it...unfortunately they seemed to have missed on most of their moves this past summer

On the surface it looks like we contended, but when you consider Horfords injury, Roses injury, playing an 8th seed that took us to 7 games, and Bosh's injury, we were extremely lucky we got that road. Now add in the fact that KG and Pierce are a year older...I don't think it's too hard to see that this was what would happen.

Shouldn't you add Bradley, Green, Wilcox and a hobbled Pierce and Allen to your injury list?