Author Topic: This one is on the Captain  (Read 6303 times)

Re: This one is on the Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
As bad as Pierce is playing I don't believe he is done. I think we are watching Pierce's last season in green though.  :-\

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Kobe is a top 10 all time player.  Comepared to the rest of his draft class, Pierce has aged very well.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
doc overly reliant on pierce and not using this roster right

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 11:02:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Hawks comeback win is all on Pierce (and doc). Iso against Josh Smith was totally lame. Pierce gave Korver way to many open looks and did not make him pay on the other end.

And some people still wouldn't trade him......that is staggering to me.

People are going as far as calling me a moron for even suggesting pierce gets benched or traded. It really is unbelievable.

+1 for hanging on to your beliefs...I am with you, and until now (hopefuiiy)more and more people will see the "Light" about Pierce.

I thought it was supposed to be the name on the front of the jersey that's most important.

Obviously, many people don't agree with us.

Name in front of the jersey is meaningless without the people who wear them. I see no problem with wanting to root for the player wearing them, and sticking by them for good or worse, particularly after a long career wearing this jersey you support.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Doc also was at fault here, we went small and they made us pay, particularly with Pierce as a PF... he has no business there against Smith.

ROFLMBO. we are beating nobody with SMALL BALL doc rivers. are you this hard headed man. geezus. DOC will not win a hop scotch championship playing small ball.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Warning:  This post may cause hysterical laughter, but I'm being completely serious:

I don't think that Paul Pierce is done just yet, and I think he will end up surprising many who are assuming that he is.

Let's go, Captain!!  We really, really need you to start to turn this around. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:04 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
People are blaming Doc for playing small ball but what talented big do we have available that Doc could've utilized?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Hawks comeback win is all on Pierce (and doc). Iso against Josh Smith was totally lame. Pierce gave Korver way to many open looks and did not make him pay on the other end.

People are going as far as calling me a moron for even suggesting pierce gets benched or traded. It really is unbelievable.

you know this blog is run by God fearing folks who won't allow swearing so they certainly won't allow personal insults so you must be wrong. Sorry

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 11:16:46 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Pretty brutal.  A -30 on the night.

I still don't think we should trade him or demote him.  I do think we should give him some nights off.

Hey Im all for giving him the rest of his career off. I guess that is more nights off then you meant

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Doc also was at fault here, we went small and they made us pay, particularly with Pierce as a PF... he has no business there against Smith.

ROFLMBO. we are beating nobody with SMALL BALL doc rivers. are you this hard headed man. geezus. DOC will not win a hop scotch championship playing small ball.

KG and Collins are the only guys over 6'10", unless you count Wilcox standing on his tippy toes...

KG fouled out. Sully who plays a bit bigger than he is fouled out. Its kinda hard to go big when you really only have two actual bigs, and one is kinda not that great...

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

+1 for hanging on to your beliefs...I am with you, and until now (hopefuiiy)more and more people will see the "Light" about Pierce.

I thought it was supposed to be the name on the front of the jersey that's most important.

Name in front of the jersey is meaningless without the people who wear them. I see no problem with wanting to root for the player wearing them, and sticking by them for good or worse, particularly after a long career wearing this jersey you support.

Red felt the same way..........lots of years wandering in the wilderness after that.....

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Red felt the same way..........lots of years wandering in the wilderness after that.....

It's a fallacy to believe that it was due Red not trading Bird, etc. when he could.

We had the Bias and Lewis situation that really set the franchise back.

The Pierce-Walker years weren't bad, and better management could've done more during that era. You know, we had Billups at hand too. We also had Johnson, who we traded for a playoff rental, etc.

So, yeah... I don't think it's fair to find fault with Red's philosophy, particularly with the amount of success he had through his career.

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pierce is 35 years old.  You can't expect him to carry the team through two overtimes.

The last possession is on Doc who stubbornly continues to go to the Pierce iso well even though it dried up ages ago.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bias died in '86. Red's magic in getting him was incredible. He would've prolonged Bird's,McHale's and Parrish's careers. That frontcourt would've been the best frontcourt that ever has been or ever could be.

Bias' death should've been an eventual impetus for Red to look to the future and break up his frontcourt. He always looked to the future, but he let his loyalty to the real Big 3 cloud his judgment.

Reggie Lewis was a horrible tragedy for his family and the Celtics family. We lucked into Reggie, and even if he lived, the Cs would have been stuck in mediocrity for a long time.

The M.L. years were a direct result of Red staying loyal.

Red was the architect of 16 titles. He was a great man....but he made a mistake...it happens.....

I just don't want it to happen again...letting assets disintegrate into worthlessness....

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 12:46:33 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
if pierce was a horse he'll be sent to the glue factory