Author Topic: I'm sorry, but Bass has to go  (Read 4909 times)

Re: I'm sorry, but Bass has to go
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bass got lost in shuffle with all new faces on the team. He is basically an afterthought this season. They don't run any plays for him. Remember how effective the Rondo/bass Pick and Roll was. Doc also didn't him any favors handing over his Job to Sully in training camp. An unprecedented move by Docn throwing his vet under the bus for a rookie. Bass confidence was shattered, and he hasn't been the same since.

Bass walked straight into this by allowing himself to get outplayed by a Rookie.

You don't just get given roles and playing time because of who you are - you need to earn it.  Sully works his proverbial butt off every night, and he earned the spot as much as Bass lost it.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Who's going to take him?

Unless we ship him out of town with Rondo or Pierce, I don't see who's going to want to trade for Bass.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aljh2hl

You have got to be kidding me, right?

Why in gods name would Denver do that trade?

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
No one should be making excuses for this guy. Lost in the shuffle my ___!  This guy needs a garman just to find a rebound. 
 If the shot isnt there set a screen, pick, hit the glass, come on do something! I see people talk about bringing back AJ and people crucify them for he is a weak defender for a big.  AJ finishes at the rim, is a better jumpshooter, freethrow shooter, rebounder, defender by default " he is taller quicker and has a much higher standing reach.

AJ would be an upgrade with blindfolds on.

Never thought I would say that I wish we had Baby back. I was wrong I admitt it.

Hey Bass IS a better locker room guy. Thats it!!

I can't say how I really feel for it would surely violate CB rules! Good Grief.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bass is very expendable and should be moved.   I am sick of 6'8" power forwards who are finesse forwards.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Did you guys see Bass's missed dunk in the second quarter? Makes a good move, blows by his man, has a wide-open look ... and totally botches it.

His season in a nutshell.

I thought his season in a nutshell play came in the knicks game, when Rondo appeared to have a pass bounce off of Bass's face.

I spent much of last season waiting for him to get more comfortable in the offense and more used to Rondo's passes. It just hasn't happened. His mindset should be "I'm open and the ball might come to me, what will I do if it does?". Instead it appears to be "Rondo just threw the ball to me! What should I do now?". I liken him to defenders in a youth soccer game, standing like statues when the ball's on the other end of the field and springing to life when play heads towards them. It's like he's ball-watching on offense or something.