Author Topic: League Source says Redick to Boston is not happening  (Read 2465 times)

League Source says Redick to Boston is not happening
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this summer. But a league source dismissed the possibility of a trade to Boston and the Pacers, while also interested, appear to be a longshot as well. "There's no deal to be had," the source said of Boston. The Magic are supposedly looking for draft picks and young talent on a rookie contract. No one on the Celtics' roster apparently fits the bill.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Definitely not giving up Bradley and Sully for Redick so guess we can nix that idea? Not that it would have done much for our title hopes anyways.

I honestly think the best thing to do is try to get something for KG,PP,Terry and Bass. Hopefully we can get expiring contracts, a few prospects and a few draft picks for them?

PP would seem to have value for a contender like the clippers because they can take a run at the title with PP not having to be the closer with cp3 there. If it doesn't work out they can simply cut him next year and only have to pay 4 mil towards the cap.

Re: League Source says Redick to Boston is not happening
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think a first plus Courtney Lee gets it done.

I don't think I would be willing to give up a first for a Redick over Lee upgrade though.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Makes sense.  The Celtics are not close enough to being a top team right now to give up future assets for a player like Redick, especially since he's a free agent after this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:21:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I don't think I would be willing to give up a first for a Redick over Lee upgrade though.

I don't see why the magic would want lee. Lee is playing great ball to replace him with reddick doesn't address any of our problems.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I don't see why the magic would want lee. Lee is playing great ball to replace him with reddick doesn't address any of our problems.
If they don't want Lee, they can always trade him on somewhere else. Maybe down the road or possibly part of a three team deal. I think Orlando could easily get an expiring contract for Lee and probably pick up another asset in the process.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

If they don't want Lee, they can always trade him on somewhere else. Maybe down the road or possibly part of a three team deal. I think Orlando could easily get an expiring contract for Lee and probably pick up another asset in the process.

Then why not just keep Reddick and his expiring if they are looking to save cap space?

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Unless Doc is prepared to play Redick over Terry, then trading Redick for Lee doesn't improve much, if at all.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm not giving up a first for JJ. If we start tanking soon that could be pretty valuable

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532

Reddick isn't worth a first unless you're going all in for the current season...and given what we've seen recently, that would be foolish. 

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Then why not just keep Reddick and his expiring if they are looking to save cap space?

To get the first round pick. I said Lee + a first.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Reddick isn't worth a first unless you're going all in for the current season...and given what we've seen recently, that would be foolish.

If trading the pick, I think it would be better to keep it as part of a trade package for a more valuable target. Like a Gortat.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 12:19:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The price of a player on an expiring contract a month before the deadline is generally not the same as the price on Feb 20. Lets wait and see on this.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Why would the Magic trade for Lee to trade him again, when they could just do one trade for those assets in return for Redick in the first place? And why would a lottery team trade a good young SG and their 1st for a 3 month rental?

The article makes sense. The Cs are not a fit for ORL on a Redick deal unless its a larger package. Getting a late 1st from a contender is not going to be a problem this season.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:42:27 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)