Author Topic: This one is on the Captain  (Read 6280 times)

Re: This one is on the Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I was ready to blame PP over this 6 game skid (not just him a lot of the nights but a big part to do with him)... until I realized it is MOSTLY on DOC! He's steady calling out the players... when he FORCES THEM even when the bench guys were performing MUCH better?

1st half, every time the bench gained the lead he quickly snatched them to put in a mighty struggling PP and RR who stopped the ball movement!! RR wasn't bad tonight but when PP was in with him, he deferred too much to PP and our offense bogged down. Green, Lee, and Jet were clicking together tonight and every time they did excellent, they were quickly pulled (both halves)! The bench was putting in work end of first/early second Q... then to end the first half Doc sat them (they were building the lead), to put RR and PP back in... we were lucky that AB hit a 3 for us to go back up to 19pts to end the half (after the bench had us up big and the starters crumbled).

Then the 3rd Q of doom happened and the starters got outscored 19-2 in like the first 6 mins... enter Jet and the other bench guys, Jet hits some huge 3s and get us the lead back after we went to down 3, then the bench gets us a 7pt lead (in a few mins of pt), quickly Doc puts back in the starters and we go down again shortly after. We are down, enter Clee and boom, we catch up and stretch the lead to 10 (on the back of Clee on both ends)... then Doc takes Clee out and the epic collapse ensues again (on the back of Korver who was wide open because of PP, then AB shuts Korver down and Smith gashes PP up), Hawks even it up to end regulation.

Then in OT, AB on Korver and still shuts him down... but AB having to guard Korver put PP on Smith, Smith scored 5 of the Hawks 9pts in that OT when PP was on him (may not seem like a lot but they were crucial and it was OT) to PP's ZERO points!

Then we have OT#2, where Smith started the Q off with an and 1 to go up by 3. From that play the Hawks scored 7 more points mostly by Horford (5), who had easy buckets b/c so many people (his man KG/Sully) had to help PP contain Smith, which just broke us down. The Celtics didn't score ONE point until it was 1:19 left in the second OT! By that time we were down by 10. Garnett fouled out at the 3:40 mark of that 2nd OT... what went down in the 1:20secs b4 that... RR threw the ball away and got 1 rebound, KG missed one shot... we had the ball all of 2 possession in that 1:20 secs. Enter Sullinger, Horford goes on a mini tear from there. During that 3:40 of OT #2 after KG fouls out our team does this...

RR- 1 turn, 2 missed shots, 1 made shot(33.2 left of OT#2), and a personal foul.

PP-1 made shot  (2pts at 1:19 mark), 1 turnover (1:53 mark), and a missed shot.

Sully- 2 fouls and fouls out (2:05 mark, enter Bass).

No one else on our team besides PP,KG, RR, and Sully even show up on the stats in the ENTIRE second OT except to be subbed LOL.

Yes PP is the glaring weakness ONE AGAIN, but Doc not playing others and using his starters through thick and thin (horrible playing), is the MAIN problem... it has been the main problem for a while now. He doesn't trust the other guys... it's all RR, PP, and KG (Ray in the past) over everyone else, team/game be [dang]ed! It's mind boggling really, seeing as you should count on and use your bench more in the regular season to save your stars/starters for major time in the playoffs. I could understand it if you snatch the bench out when they stink but there have been many occasions when the bench/some of the players are playing excellent (terry is the only old guy), yet he doesn't stick with the hot hand(s)... he would rather sub them for a struggling starting unit/player!

What makes even less sense to me is Doc forcing RR to play so many minutes... how do we win WITHOUT RR playing entire games but some reason Doc assumes that unless RR is on the court a bazillion minutes of every game, we can't survive when he's on the bench resting? Seriously, we win w/o him but can't afford to let him rest at all during the games he plays. HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE???? It doesn't, just another way you know Doc doesn't trust others! I believe that's why the other guys perform differently when they come here, they know that Doc won't play them even if they are playing good unless he has to! I'd hold a bit of a grudge knowing I'm knocking down my shots and defending very well but I get the same minutes I get when I play sub-par, all for another player who may be struggling like Leonardo to get on that headboard with Rose after the Titanic sunk! Green was out playing PP tonight 17/6 (4-8, 8-8ft) and 1 turnover, while PP had 12/6/4 (4-13, 4-4ft) 5 turnovers in 10 more minutes with WORSE defense! Tonight is just one example of that favoritism but if I wasn't lazy or cared to, I could give many more examples.

Doc is a great coach (how great is debatable) but he needs to get far more blame than he receives... we as fans, seem to overlook Doc's unwillingness to adapt (unless forced), which has cost us dearly. I may see a thread on Doc once in a blue moon but see threads on the players daily (new ones at that)!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:01:09 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I was ready to blame PP over this 6 game skid (not just him a lot of the nights but a big part to do with him)... until I realized it is MOSTLY on DOC! He's steady calling out the players... when he FORCES THEM even when the bench guys were performing MUCH better?

1st half, every time the bench gained the lead he quickly snatched them to put in a mighty struggling PP and RR who stopped the ball movement!! RR wasn't bad tonight but when PP was in with him, he deferred too much to PP and our offense bogged down. Green, Lee, and Jet were clicking together tonight and every time they did excellent, they were quickly pulled (both halves)! The bench was putting in work end of first/early second Q... then to end the first half Doc sat them (they were building the lead), to put RR and PP back in... we were lucky that AB hit a 3 for us to go back up to 19pts to end the half (after the bench had us up big and the starters crumbled).

Then the 3rd Q of doom happened and the starters got outscored 19-2 in like the first 6 mins... enter Jet and the other bench guys, Jet hits some huge 3s and get us the lead back after we went to down 3, then the bench gets us a 7pt lead (in a few mins of pt), quickly Doc puts back in the starters and we go down again shortly after. We are down, enter Clee and boom, we catch up and stretch the lead to 10 (on the back of Clee on both ends)... then Doc takes Clee out and the epic collapse ensues again (on the back of Korver who was wide open because of PP, then AB shuts Korver down and Smith gashes PP up), Hawks even it up to end regulation.

Then in OT, AB on Korver and still shuts him down... but AB having to guard Korver put PP on Smith, Smith scored 5 of the Hawks 9pts in that OT when PP was on him (may not seem like a lot but they were crucial and it was OT) to PP's ZERO points!

Then we have OT#2, where Smith started the Q off with an and 1 to go up by 3. From that play the Hawks scored 7 more points mostly by Horford (5), who had easy buckets b/c so many people (his man KG/Sully) had to help PP contain Smith, which just broke us down. The Celtics didn't score ONE point until it was 1:19 left in the second OT! By that time we were down by 10. Garnett fouled out at the 3:40 mark of that 2nd OT... what went down in the 1:20secs b4 that... RR threw the ball away and got 1 rebound, KG missed one shot... we had the ball all of 2 possession in that 1:20 secs. Enter Sullinger, Horford goes on a mini tear from there. During that 3:40 of OT #2 after KG fouls out our team does this...

RR- 1 turn, 2 missed shots, 1 made shot(33.2 left of OT#2), and a personal foul.

PP-1 made shot  (2pts at 1:19 mark), 1 turnover (1:53 mark), and a missed shot.

Sully- 2 fouls and fouls out (2:05 mark, enter Bass).

No one else on our team besides PP,KG, RR, and Sully even show up on the stats in the ENTIRE second OT except to be subbed LOL.

Yes PP is the glaring weakness ONE AGAIN, but Doc not playing others and using his starters through thick and thin (horrible playing), is the MAIN problem... it has been the main problem for a while now. He doesn't trust the other guys... it's all RR, PP, and KG (Ray in the past) over everyone else, team/game be [dang]ed! It's mind boggling really, seeing as you should count on and use your bench more in the regular season to save your stars/starters for major time in the playoffs. I could understand it if you snatch the bench out when they stink but there have been many occasions when the bench/some of the players are playing excellent (terry is the only old guy), yet he doesn't stick with the hot hand(s)... he would rather sub them for a struggling starting unit/player!

What makes even less sense to me is Doc forcing RR to play so many minutes... how do we win WITHOUT RR playing entire games but some reason Doc assumes that unless RR is on the court a bazillion minutes of every game, we can't survive when he's on the bench resting? Seriously, we win w/o him but can't afford to let him rest at all during the games he plays. HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE???? It doesn't, just another way you know Doc doesn't trust others! I believe that's why the other guys perform differently when they come here, they know that Doc won't play them even if they are playing good unless he has to! I'd hold a bit of a grudge knowing I'm knocking down my shots and defending very well but I get the same minutes I get when I play sub-par, all for another player who may be struggling like Leonardo to get on that headboard with Rose after the Titanic sunk! Green was out playing PP tonight and he 17/6 (4-8, 8-8ft) and 1 turnover, while PP had 12/6/4 (4-13, 4-4ft) 5 turnovers in 10 more minutes with WORSE defense! Tonight is just one example of that favoritism but if I wasn't lazy or cared to, I could give many more examples.

Doc is a great coach (how great is debatable) but he needs to get far more blame than he receives... we as fans, seem to overlook Doc's unwillingness to adapt (unless forced), which has cost us dearly. I may see a thread on Doc once in a blue moon but see threads on the players daily (new ones at that)!

i totally said most of this in another thread.

Doc is nuts.
And I'm even starting not to blame PP. He's being played...so he has to play. Not his fault he's fatigued, etc.

I'd hold more than grudge ESP if I knew I was talented or had an on night. IDK how Lee and Green do it.. Smh...even Barbosa lol

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:12 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Doc is nuts.
And I'm even starting not to blame PP. He's being played...so he has to play. Not his fault he's fatigued, etc.

I'd hold more than grudge ESP if I knew I was talented or had an on night. IDK how Lee and Green do it.. Smh...even Barbosa lol
[/quote]

Yep, I just saw your post and laughed... said, who is this trying to mind read me?! LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 02:06:37 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Doc is nuts.

Yep, I just saw your post and laughed... said, who is this trying to mind read me?! LOL
[/quote]
lol
:)

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 02:26:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
how is DOC a great coach?

that is all I want to know....

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 03:01:49 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Id also like to know.

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 03:28:17 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Wow, a lot of loyalty on here for a guy that has given his heart and soul to the Celtics and hit more game winning shots than he has fumbled balls out of bounds. 3 games dont offset a career.

Cant believe the disloyalty from folks on here towards Paul Pierce. Paul Pierce. I wouldnt trade him for Lebron if it meant him ending his career in Boston. Disghusting.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 03:33:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Doc is not a great coach. Greg Popovich is a great coach.

Doc is like any other coach in the league but worse imo. I still can't believe he lets Rondo bring up the ball so lazily for two years straight now. Not only it gets players standing around, the other team has time to prepare for the set.

But in terms of who to blame , Pierce or Rivers, it prob has to be more pierce. What is doc to do? Pierce only gets paid like 15 million a year. You have to perform. If danny had to choose between firing doc or trading pierce, i would say he trades pierce. But i think firing doc would solve many more little problems that is out there on the court.

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 03:44:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wow, a lot of loyalty on here for a guy that has given his heart and soul to the Celtics and hit more game winning shots than he has fumbled balls out of bounds. 3 games dont offset a career.

Cant believe the disloyalty from folks on here towards Paul Pierce. Paul Pierce. I wouldnt trade him for Lebron if it meant him ending his career in Boston. Disghusting.

please stop. Last time i checked this is a professional sport. Its a business and its about winning. Pierce makes alot of money to do his job and execute. Unless you think its worth it for him to make 15 mill a year , even if he has off days bc he gave us glory in the past.

Pierce also cares about winning. He wanted to be traded if Ainge couldn't shape up the lineup 4 years ago. Where is the loyalty there?

I have nothing but respect for Pierce. If he retires or gets traded away, i will take a deep breathe and think about what he did for the org. But right now, that is that last thing on my mind

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Id also like to know.

1) The players say so. They don't question him in the media like I have seen many players do when there is any adversity (Mia's players are one example of that).

2) He got very good players to be less of themselves and do what he thought was best for the team (although Ray wasn't willing to do it any longer for a second year kid).

3) He knows how/when to push buttons to get players to perform at their highest level.

4) He's great at being a players coach but also knows how to tell people how it is... his way or the highway or no way(that could be bad at times too).

5) He values defense highly and expects greatness on D, if you don't perform well in that arena you don't play (unless you're his favorites... but just so happens, most of the time his favs are really good/great defenders)!

There is probably more but I don't like him all that much this season so really don't care. Like I said, he is a great coach, how great, is debatable.